Away to Blurrrghburn

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Away to Blurrrghburn

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Where has this space suddenly appeared from then?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:58 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:Does his body language and attitude concern anyone else or is it just me?
Not really. I've wondered a few times if Dougie has lost the dressing room due to his brusque nature (I like it but I know some of the players won't), but here Pratley just looks genuinely disgusted and embarrassed by their performance, rather than deflated.
I'm also in the 'makes a nice change camp'. As long as he isn't coming out and doing a Di Canio, reeling off individual players to the media, I think the players need a boot up the arse. Coyle tried the nicely, nicely approach and it didn't have the desired effect with a pretty much identical dressing room.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:02 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:I'm also in the 'makes a nice change camp'.
It would 'make a nice change' if the manager gave us a frank assessment of his own shortcomings.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:10 pm

BL3 wrote:
It would 'make a nice change' if the manager gave us a frank assessment of his own shortcomings.
I don't think you'll find any manager which enjoys doing this..nor any other reasonable professional. You just hope they can identify and correct such behind closed doors.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:12 pm

BL3 wrote:
It would 'make a nice change' if you got behind the manager a bit.

How many people, in any job, give a frank assessment of their own shortcomings?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:46 pm

BL3 wrote:
Didn't he admit he got it wrong and put the players in a difficult position last season, away at Brighton I think? Much better than the litany of excuses we'd been listening to for 2 years previously.
You actually want him to come out and admit his shortcomings? Or to address them and learn and improve?

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:33 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
BL3 wrote:
Didn't he admit he got it wrong and put the players in a difficult position last season, away at Brighton I think? Much better than the litany of excuses we'd been listening to for 2 years previously.
You actually want him to come out and admit his shortcomings? Or to address them and learn and improve?
He doesn't learn. He made the same mistakes in the run-in. He couldn't stop tinkering.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:40 pm

BL3 wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
BL3 wrote:
He doesn't learn. He made the same mistakes in the run-in. He couldn't stop tinkering.
I think if you get a 38 yr old manager in charge of a club on the slide he's never going to get everything right. I was confident he'd come good, now I'm just hopeful, but I'd stick with him. I'd also be far from gutted if he left. the same goes for our chairman and every single one of our players though. I'll spread the blame.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:30 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
BL3 wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
BL3 wrote:
I think if you get a 38 yr old manager in charge of a club on the slide he's never going to get everything right. I was confident he'd come good, now I'm just hopeful, but I'd stick with him. I'd also be far from gutted if he left. the same goes for our chairman and every single one of our players though. I'll spread the blame.
Why get him in then if he's just learning how to do the job on our time?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:58 pm

BL3 wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
BL3 wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
BL3 wrote: It would 'make a nice change' if the manager gave us a frank assessment of his own shortcomings.
Why get him in then if he's just learning how to do the job on our time?
To answer, even though LeverEnd is capable of doing so - because the previous dickhead was a shsfe on the road to oblivion if we'd stuck with him. We can have oblivion, or we can hope. The fact the hope is going tits up has absolutely nothing to do with the fact we were previously in oblivion's maws.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:33 pm

Yeah what he says.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:35 pm

Seriously though, we either get someone experienced but tried and failed or take a punt on someone up and coming. We're not in a posiiton to be attracting top managers. maybe we've chosen the wrong one, we'll see.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:44 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Seriously though, we either get someone experienced but tried and failed or take a punt on someone up and coming. We're not in a posiiton to be attracting top managers. maybe we've chosen the wrong one, we'll see.
Waddya mean, seriously though? I was being serious :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください