Burnley vs Bolton

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Burnley vs Bolton

Post by BL3 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
BL3 wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:I expect the board would be assessing the situation ten games in and if it's not good theyd be seeing what might be available.
Good job that Reading didn't do that last season. They had a total of ten points from the first ten games...
It's not really a strong arguement is it?
It's a stronger argument than wanting to get rid of the manager after one whole game in this division. Allardyce said it took West Ham time to adjust last season. In fact you could argue that West Ham took virtually the whole season to get to grips with the Championship and they were the only team relegated who bounced straight back. Perhaps people need to adjust their perceptions of the Championship.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:45 pm

BL3 wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:
BL3 wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:I expect the board would be assessing the situation ten games in and if it's not good theyd be seeing what might be available.
Good job that Reading didn't do that last season. They had a total of ten points from the first ten games...
It's not really a strong arguement is it?
It's a stronger argument than wanting to get rid of the manager after one whole game in this division. Allardyce said it took West Ham time to adjust last season. In fact you could argue that West Ham took virtually the whole season to get to grips with the Championship and they were the only team relegated who bounced straight back. Perhaps people need to adjust their perceptions of the Championship.
Allardyce hadn't been utterly incapable and shite there and failed for the last 18 months though.

Coyles time was long overdue last November. He'd already had more than enough chances then.

Folk like you said 'it'll be reet' it wasn't. It was a massive and total shambolic disaster thanks to Coyle.

And it carries on.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Allardyce hadn't been utterly incapable and shite there and failed for the last 18 months though.

Coyles time was long overdue last November. He'd already had more than enough chances then.

Folk like you said 'it'll be reet' it wasn't. It was a massive and total shambolic disaster thanks to Coyle.

And it carries on.

here's the thing - or rather, a thing - we know you think this - and we know you are sure you are right - and maybe you are - etc etc...

what (maybe only to me) makes it all seem so tiresome and irritating is that as soon as anybody pops up with a slightly different or nuanced view - you smash them repeatedly over the head with the same view over and over and over and over again...

is it your aim to carry on until everyone in the world agrees with you? it's a big world and there is room for more than one view...

or could you just now and again post summat like,

"interesting view - but as regular readers of this forum will know, I disagree"??

(or even just ignore it and let it pass unless you have summat new to say?)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:46 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Are you suffering a bit of bishopitis BWFCi? I complained about the "system" (I did watch the whole match) we operate and never once mentioned "Davies".
I think the puzzle is that you wrote this:
Tango wrote:It was pretty awful. But hey, let's stick with long goal kicks and banging the ball forward with one man up there then blame him for it all.
yet we played TWO men up - so who were you referring to (if not KD) who was the "one man up there" and the man being blamed for it all?

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:18 pm

Anyone see Sam Rickett's joke of a tweet?

We had Alonso offering hunger to work for Tuesday.
Then Ricketts offering excuses about the refereeing.

We had Coyle and Gartside who spent all last year crying about injuries instead of doing something about replacing them.
The blame game has spread to the players.
No mention of how God-awful Ricketts was or even a bloody apology to the 3 thousand suffering whites. Just a crying excuse of a 10 year old.

Billy-big-bollocks with his successful Welsh caps. :hang:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:26 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Anyone see Sam Rickett's joke of a tweet?
No. What did he say?
May the bridges I burn light your way

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:Anyone see Sam Rickett's joke of a tweet?
No. What did he say?
'@s_ricketts18: Really disappointed with the result today. The 1st goal was offside and changed the game after a good start by us. Need some luck our way'

Spineless twit.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Ricketts was awful but it's a bit harsh on one of the players who generally does not let us down.

However, Coyle said the same about this 'good start' and I'm mystified what they were watching. We never had real control, and created the only real chance on a break from their corner. We did get worse but I'd not describe the opening half hour as owt other than scrappy.

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:36 pm

The dillusion is getting to the players, maybe that is one part of the influence that clueless has.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:39 pm

elfil76 wrote:The dillusion is getting to the players, maybe that is one part of the influence that clueless has.

It is. Captain clueless & Crook-Phil.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:41 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

The "Sky boys" might go away if, we were still in a league where Sky showed lots of games - we're not, and now we seem to be judging success on 1) Is it an old ground in the Lancashire hills and 2) Is it a better atmosphere than many Premier League games. When FIFA and UEFA start giving points for this sort of criteria, Barca will be royally fooked - so thanks for pointing out the long term plan to me.

This long term plan I pointed out to you, could you point it out to me too? You appear to have started to make things up again. I do acknowledge I enjoyed my day out which, by the way, is one of points of watching football.

"We started off with the wrong team in the wrong formation" - No shit Sherlock

Err - I am agreeing with you here aren't I. I'd be calling you a "dickhead" for that if I didn't know you better, so I won't. :D

Like many of the "It's nowt to do with Coyle, sympathists", you're doing exactly what they all do, judging each game and saying overall, it's not the fault of the Manager..

Nope, sorry, you're making stuff up again. I've already pointed out what Coyle did wrong. Don't let that stop you calling me an a Coyle sympathiser though.

I can understand why you might think Coyle isn't the problem, now I know you don't understand the word "Organised". It makes more sense now. Someone who couldn't understand the word "Organised" might have problems spotting it was shit.

Oh I see , you understand how I might think that Coyle isn't the problem, the corollary of which appears to be that I don't understand youir use of the word "organised". All this despite the fact I pointed out Coyle is part of the problem. How does that work then? Is it perhaps that I won't subscribe to the " Everything's Coyle's fault 'cos I said so" argument and had the temerity to suggest a view that was different to your own?

Quit making stuff up and get yourself organised.

They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:45 pm

If its not all Coyles fault then who's is it? That can be used in any case when things are clearly not right at a club. But as Coyle has said this is the young hungry, fit and capable squad he wanted. He's hand picked em.

Not really sure whose door this could possibly be pinned to other than the bloke in charge?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:48 pm

The only "good start" that I can think of, though it's far from it - Mears takes a throw-in and throws it too far, Chungy does very well indeed by legging it for it, keeping it in play and hooking it back for Petrov, who side-footed it over the top. :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:The only "good start" that I can think of, though it's far from it - Mears takes a throw-in and throws it too far, Chungy does very well indeed by legging it for it, keeping it in play and hooking it back for Petrov, who side-footed it over the top. :conf:
There was the counter attack when Chungy missed an absolute sitter as well. When you compare that with the half dozen chances (if not more) that Burnley had in the same period and this "good start" story seems to have a few holes in it!
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:There clearly faults on the pitch and the sidelines
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Perhaps you could enlighten us as to whose fault it is?
:conf:

Are you having trouble understanding my post?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:59 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Are you suffering a bit of bishopitis BWFCi? I complained about the "system" (I did watch the whole match) we operate and never once mentioned "Davies".
I think the puzzle is that you wrote this:
Tango wrote:It was pretty awful. But hey, let's stick with long goal kicks and banging the ball forward with one man up there then blame him for it all.
yet we played TWO men up - so who were you referring to (if not KD) who was the "one man up there" and the man being blamed for it all?
Let's agree to knock this off shall we? It must be boring the shxt out of everybody. I know you'll always make an argument, know you're obsessed with proving points and know you'll always have the last word. It's a given.

"Sordell" spent more time up front than KD (who I never even mentioned), the point being the wallop ball system, but hey, let's ignore that. You might notice the same KD, from his position "up front" headed a couple of balls out of defence, one for a corner, and made an excellent sliding tackle on a Burnley player just short of our corner flag in the left back position. The rest is in your head, not mine. Now have that last word and end it....please.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:05 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

The "Sky boys" might go away if, we were still in a league where Sky showed lots of games - we're not, and now we seem to be judging success on 1) Is it an old ground in the Lancashire hills and 2) Is it a better atmosphere than many Premier League games. When FIFA and UEFA start giving points for this sort of criteria, Barca will be royally fooked - so thanks for pointing out the long term plan to me.

This long term plan I pointed out to you, could you point it out to me too? You appear to have started to make things up again. I do acknowledge I enjoyed my day out which, by the way, is one of points of watching football.

"We started off with the wrong team in the wrong formation" - No shit Sherlock

Err - I am agreeing with you here aren't I. I'd be calling you a "dickhead" for that if I didn't know you better, so I won't. :D

Like many of the "It's nowt to do with Coyle, sympathists", you're doing exactly what they all do, judging each game and saying overall, it's not the fault of the Manager..

Nope, sorry, you're making stuff up again. I've already pointed out what Coyle did wrong. Don't let that stop you calling me an a Coyle sympathiser though.

I can understand why you might think Coyle isn't the problem, now I know you don't understand the word "Organised". It makes more sense now. Someone who couldn't understand the word "Organised" might have problems spotting it was shit.

Oh I see , you understand how I might think that Coyle isn't the problem, the corollary of which appears to be that I don't understand youir use of the word "organised". All this despite the fact I pointed out Coyle is part of the problem. How does that work then? Is it perhaps that I won't subscribe to the " Everything's Coyle's fault 'cos I said so" argument and had the temerity to suggest a view that was different to your own?

Quit making stuff up and get yourself organised.

You can have the temerity to do what you want - it's a forum. If you don't want people to respond to your posts, go write a blog. :-) I could point out that I think you're a blind owd gimmer who probably can't see his nose in front of his face, but like you say, we know each other better than that.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Fair enough yer fat bastard. :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:The only "good start" that I can think of, though it's far from it - Mears takes a throw-in and throws it too far, Chungy does very well indeed by legging it for it, keeping it in play and hooking it back for Petrov, who side-footed it over the top. :conf:
Think that was about it. It was probably fairly even for 10-15 minutes - suggesting it lasted for 30 is taking a liberty.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:Fair enough yer fat bastard. :D
Well if I hadn't won all those internet pies of the entirely clueless fcukwits last season... ;-)