Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Freedman out!

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:37 am

Prufrock wrote:
Puskas wrote:Whilst Brownie's managerial skills are indisputable (and his ability to save suicidal people may also be an asset at the Macron Of Misery), surely we should be looking at more glamorous names?

I'd propose the McAteer/Stubbs Ddeam Team. They must be the Rioch/Todd pairing de nos jours.
I like it. The Brain's Trust is just what we need. Some sort of player/coach/pysio role for Mark Davies would be good #bootroom.
McAteer and Stubbs - 'the Brains Trust' :lol:

****roots out his old recording of Macca on Question of Sport...

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:38 am

wigan white wrote:"We defended well"
"We passed the ball well"
"I'm happy with the players"
"We know what we're trying to do"
"That win will come with time"

Just feck right off Freedman!!!!! :evil:
Of all of these 'we know what we're trying to do' rings the most hollow.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:45 am

EverSoYouri wrote:
wigan white wrote:"We defended well"
"We passed the ball well"
"I'm happy with the players"
"We know what we're trying to do"
"That win will come with time"

Just feck right off Freedman!!!!! :evil:
Of all of these 'we know what we're trying to do' rings the most hollow.
The fact he says it every week means that despite knowing what to do, he hasn't a fecking clue HOW to do it. I mean Sluffy knows what he's trying to do, but the poor chap hasn't a fecking clue how to :|

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:56 am

There's not even the energy from the fans to really get wound up about him anymore. Which is maybe the saddest thing of all.

A whole match thread with about 5 posts during the game and barely 6 pages overall. He's actually wrung the life out of us. That's some achievement.

Any similarity to last season's record breaking shite start is purely coincidental.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:30 am

I have to ask the question whether the club now can afford NOT to sack Freedman....?

I have to genuinely applaud the remaining 'extremely' loyal supporters (who are still going and sitting through the pathetic dross). I know plenty who are still going (who laugh about it) and every one of them hate Freedman with a passion and can see the serious damage he's causing - but say that they are still going out of loyalty - they joke about having to go and sit through the dross, they know week in week out what shite they will be sitting through before they even go - they admit that they are going just for the sake of it because they don't want to be seen to be leaving a rapidly sinking leaderless ship....none actually enjoy it !

This is indeed admirable, but at some stage this apathy has to be addressed to make the owner & chairman take note and do something about it quickly, like I said at the start its now not about the finances - the club simply can't afford NOT to sack Freedman as he's taking the club down to League 1.

Another game (at home) where the opposition have 4 or 5 times as many shots as we have (Sheff Weds 24 shots / 4 on target) - Bolton 5 shots / 1 on target) - one weak tame shot on target at home against Sheff Weds in 90 mins....

Yet again his post match comments (as they have been for the past 12 months) are a complete load of bollocks - utter bullshit, he continually see's a totally different game to the 'majority' supporters....which IMO is totally insulting & baffling to the supporters.

The players appear to be not playing for Freedman, look like they can't understand and are confused by his tactics / philosophy and must be utterly confused with his 'bingo balls' team selection as the supporters are.

If the hierarchy don't have the balls to sack him, then perhaps the fans need to send a very strong message to the club that they will not continue to be ignored and put up with the utter rubbish that is Freedman's football. (not one sign of any minor progress in 2 years)....not bed sheets or a boycott but something that will make the owner, chairman, manager, players take serious note of the fans displeasure.

I never thought it possible but Freedman's brand of non football is actually a lot worse than Megson's....surely the board need to take their heads out of the sand, uncross their fingers and do something about this.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:12 pm

Adam Bogdan fractured his finger on Friday during training and will now be out until mid-November at the earliest.

Dougie Freedman cursed the loss of his keeper. “These freak injuries are really killing us right now,” he told The Bolton News. “Someone had a shot, it hit the post, rebounded at Adam and caught him on the finger, which has fractured it. What kind of luck is that? He won’t be with us now for the next eight weeks.“
Our lot can't even score in training !! Sheesh.

Freedman Out !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:16 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Adam Bogdan fractured his finger on Friday during training and will now be out until mid-November at the earliest.

Dougie Freedman cursed the loss of his keeper. “These freak injuries are really killing us right now,” he told The Bolton News. “Someone had a shot, it hit the post, rebounded at Adam and caught him on the finger, which has fractured it. What kind of luck is that? He won’t be with us now for the next eight weeks.“
Our lot can't even score in training !! Sheesh.

Freedman Out !!
How unlucky is Bogdan as it must of been the only shot we had as DF said he wants us only to have one chance!!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:I have to ask the question whether the club now can afford NOT to sack Freedman....?
do you - really - I mean, do you really HAVE to??

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:24 pm

At the end of the match the guy behind me said to his mate - 'if the scots vote for indepence, can we deport him?' :lol:

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:38 pm

William the White wrote:At the end of the match the guy behind me said to his mate - 'if the scots vote for indepence, can we deport him?' :lol:
If the No campaign find that out, they'll use it. What a vote winner.

'You keep Trident. We'll keep Freedman.'

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:07 pm

Performances under Freedman are so poor. I know a few people always want to bring up the issue of the finances, the players and so on, but there really isn't any excuse for a team consistently looking as bad as we do. Even during our best period under Freedman, we always rode our luck and didn't look like a team that had the capability of dominating the opposition and in the rest of his time in charge, we've haven't ever consistently played as a cohesive unit that defends well or knows how to create chances. There's no excuse for that and no reason for it other than poor management. I've never seen a team be as consistently poor as we are and even in the dark periods under Coyle and Megson, you always sensed that the manager had an idea of what he wanted from the team even when it was bad, but with Freedman, I don't get that. We just play an aimless style of football at both ends of the pitch, completely lacking in any sort of strategy.

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:15 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:Performances under Freedman are so poor. I know a few people always want to bring up the issue of the finances, the players and so on, but there really isn't any excuse for a team consistently looking as bad as we do. Even during our best period under Freedman, we always rode our luck and didn't look like a team that had the capability of dominating the opposition and in the rest of his time in charge, we've haven't ever consistently played as a cohesive unit that defends well or knows how to create chances. There's no excuse for that and no reason for it other than poor management. I've never seen a team be as consistently poor as we are and even in the dark periods under Coyle and Megson, you always sensed that the manager had an idea of what he wanted from the team even when it was bad, but with Freedman, I don't get that. We just play an aimless style of football at both ends of the pitch, completely lacking in any sort of strategy.
Yep. :cry:

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:03 pm

We want him to go............
Eddie wont pay for him to go............
We are stuck with him...........
We are doomed .................. :(
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

Thor
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Thor » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:30 am

davroduk wrote:We want him to go............
Maybe we could start a whip round!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:51 am

Thor wrote:
davroduk wrote:We want him to go............
Maybe we could start a whip round!
That sounds dangerously Gigg Lanesque!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:06 am

“We haven’t got a team that lies down any more. In the last 10 minutes of that game we had three or four players going in for 50-50 tackles and refusing to give up."

I try to avoid overanalysing his media comments but what the feck is that? We should be grateful they haven't downed tools perhaps?
Or this....

“I’ve got to build a team that has got a spirit and will work for each other. Maybe that’s not to the fans’ liking sometimes, but it’s what we’ve got to have.”
Yeah boooo to team spirit and hard work. Stop it at once.
Totally, utterly lost it.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s/?ref=mac

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:16 am

I'd to have like to have sat down with him on Saturday after he announced the team and have him explain to me exactly how we expected to score goals with that setup.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:22 am

Andy Waller wrote:I'd to have like to have sat down with him on Saturday after he announced the team and have him explain to me exactly how we expected to score goals with that setup.
Iles has always been supportive in his reporting but I think he's turned now. Tomorrow will not be fun unless we make a good start. We're basically hoping Rotherham have a bad night.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:30 am

LeverEnd wrote:“We haven’t got a team that lies down any more. In the last 10 minutes of that game we had three or four players going in for 50-50 tackles and refusing to give up."

I try to avoid overanalysing his media comments but what the feck is that? We should be grateful they haven't downed tools perhaps?
Or this....

“I’ve got to build a team that has got a spirit and will work for each other. Maybe that’s not to the fans’ liking sometimes, but it’s what we’ve got to have.”
Yeah boooo to team spirit and hard work. Stop it at once.
Totally, utterly lost it.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... s/?ref=mac
What a dick.

That's all.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:53 am

Marc Iles wrote:DOUGIE Freedman urged fans to “get real” as pressure on his position intensified at the weekend.
Hmmm... I can't see those two words anywhere further down the page in quotes from DF's mouth. Interesting.