Spotty's Seriously Sub-standard Second Rate Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Spotty's Seriously Sub-standard Second Rate Transfer Thr

Post by twilight » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:07 pm

Dont know whether it's on this thread but Mark Davies signed for Sheffield Wednesday

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:09 pm

jonnycooper wrote:£3m+ is not bad cash for an unproven player! As much as I,d love to keep him,if it could be the difference between us continuing to run then I,d cash in! We aren't gonna get anywhere near that for him in Division 3.Ideally we,d keep all the promising youngsters,but we aren't in an ideal position!
Its apparently not £3M+, its a £2M+ bid that may get to £3M with add ons

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Iles had it as 3 mil yesterday.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:32 pm

Iles gave it as the 2 mil plus add ons today. His name is an anagram of lies you know.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:41 pm

Would there be as much fuss if a Premier League club came in with the same bid? Probably not.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:56 pm

Where are Bristol City getting their money from? They're hardly a massive club and they bid stupid money for Andre Gray before he went to Burnley as well... would they not be putting themselves in the FFP firing line?

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:59 pm

And Rotherham are after Feeney

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:03 pm

twilight wrote:And Rotherham are after Feeney

Some of the stick the chap gets I would'nt blame him!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:07 pm

Would be a shame to lose Feeney because he works bloody hard and is a risk-taker as much as he is maligned by some for his errors. In our position it would be hard to replace someone who works as hard as he does for the same level of quality.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:09 pm

danardif1 wrote:Where are Bristol City getting their money from? They're hardly a massive club and they bid stupid money for Andre Gray before he went to Burnley as well... would they not be putting themselves in the FFP firing line?
They're owned by a billionaire.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:11 pm

Feeney is one who(for me) has to stay! He is no PL quality player,but has been easily one of our best this season! Half the squad seem to have thrown the towel in,but Feeney never stops trying to produce...In division 3 he,d be a worldie!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:31 pm

Feeney will never be a worldie, not even in his own backyard, but he offers unstinting effort and no little pace. We will miss him if he goes.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:34 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Feeney will never be a worldie, not even in his own backyard, but he offers unstinting effort and no little pace. We will miss him if he goes.

I'm going out on a limb here! I'd hazard to guess we'd miss him more than Sparky!

Other than Silva, we have no width at all!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:35 pm

This could turn into a major exodus of most of our senior players. Given the choice between staying and potentially not getting paid or taking a nice little signing on fee and a guaranteed wage, who wouldn't want to go now, particularly if they have relegation clauses which further reduce their income next season.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:38 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Feeney will never be a worldie, not even in his own backyard, but he offers unstinting effort and no little pace. We will miss him if he goes.

I'm going out on a limb here! I'd hazard to guess we'd miss him more than Sparky!

Mark Davies would probably be better in a better team, but I agree with you that Feeney is more important to us than Davies.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:43 pm

Nicko58 wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:

Mark Davies would probably be better in a better team, but I agree with you that Feeney is more important to us than Davies.

Absolutely, Sparky is a quality player and better than Feeney! Sparky is a luxary player though.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:44 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:

I like Davies too, but Feeney has been more effective this season.

Silva giving his shirt away at the end - is he off?

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:46 pm

danardif1 wrote:Where are Bristol City getting their money from? They're hardly a massive club and they bid stupid money for Andre Gray before he went to Burnley as well... would they not be putting themselves in the FFP firing line?
presume that stephen lansdown (hargreaves lansdown financial bods) is still giving them funds. On sunday times rich list with £1.4bn :shock: . Below is extract of their local rag story from Jan 2014

BRISTOL City majority shareholder Steve Lansdown has wiped out £35 million of football club debt at a stroke. Faced by a deficit of £12.9 million for the year ending May 31 2013 and overall debts of £55 million, City's owner has taken drastic action to stabilise the League One club's finances.

Responding to a plea from the Ashton Gate board of directors, Lansdown has turned £35 million of debt into equity by issuing new shares and buying them himself to increase his stake in Bristol City Holdings Limited. That leaves City shouldering an outstanding debt of £20 million, which is interest free with no repayment date set. In future, any new funds required by the football club will be introduced as equity rather than debt.

In 2013, he said he was embarassed by having spent £50m on the club - players wages being a bugbear http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23501929" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Obviously forgot he said that, but presumably just like ED and Majedski its all part of the heart and head turmoil

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:46 pm

They're both first teamers, they're both important. Lose Davies and he's replaced by dross like Danns. Lose Feeney and ... to be honest, I don't even know who replaces him. For all his faults (and he has a few), he can be effective and even decent to watch. He'll be a big loss to this team if he goes.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:53 pm

who is issuing the panic fanny badges ?