Game for the Poaching at Forest!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Game for the Poaching at Forest!

Post by ChrisC » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:49 pm

BL3 wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Freedman moved us from 18th to being in the playoff places with one game to go and destiny in our hands.
...and then blew it.

So he gets no credit for all the work previous to the Blackpool game?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:49 pm

At least he admits it. You'd never see chaos doing that.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:00 pm

BL3 wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Freedman moved us from 18th to being in the playoff places with one game to go and destiny in our hands.
...and then blew it.
Had we got 1.6 points per game in the first 10 games under clueless c*nt, we'd have been 5th.

so "whatever", "talk to the hand", yadda yadda.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:37 pm

BL3 wrote:
...and then blew it.
He did in that one game, but he gave us something to shout about and most of us on here enjoyed the promising run that we had more than the failure at the death.
If we'd won our first 3 games would you be posting now though?

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BL3 wrote:
...and then blew it.
Had we got 1.6 points per game in the first 10 games under clueless c*nt, we'd have been 5th.
...and if Dougie hadn't spent the best part of three months moving us from 17th to 20th?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:01 pm

BL3 wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BL3 wrote:
...and then blew it.
...and if Dougie hadn't spent the best part of three months moving us from 17th to 20th?
Jesus Christ. He improved us, without question. This season we will find out if he's any good or not. If we go backwards or stagnate then I guess he's not. I hope he is. BL3, do you honestly as a Bolton fan wan t him to fail?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:24 pm

BL3 wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BL3 wrote:
...and then blew it.
If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

I don't think Freedman is the messiah or owt, but I'm happy to give him a bit more of a chance this season than three games in.

Coyle was getting stick three games in last season, because of the downward trend stretching back a season and a quarter(ish).