Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 27, 2016 8:23 am

Loyal White wrote:http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wand ... _buy_back/

What is this nonsense. Submit the accounts and get the transfer embargo lifted. Then I might believe we're not in the shit.
At least they seem to be trying to do something....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 27, 2016 9:42 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

What is this nonsense. Submit the accounts and get the transfer embargo lifted. Then I might believe we're not in the shit.
***ILES ALERT***
The BN man tweets that this has no effect on the embargo:
Marc Iles tweeted ie wrote:Buy-back terms on offices described as "extremely preferable" & none of this is at expense of embargo being lifted, or manager/players
– but then he also expresses some caution...
Marc Iles tweeted ie wrote:Not sure if what KA is saying looks too good to be true, or if I have developed a mile-wide cynical streak during the last six months

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 27, 2016 9:51 am

To me it sounds like they want to borrow a relatively small amount in order to buy back some assets so that they can renogtiate the blumarble loan and have a better deal secured against a wider set of assets.

In itself that is probably sensible. I suppose the only concern is WHY they are doing this, if it is to save money then fine. If it is because Deano can't make the blumarble repayments then....yikes...

The repayments start in July....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 27, 2016 9:57 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:To me it sounds like they want to borrow a relatively small amount in order to buy back some assets so that they can renogtiate the blumarble loan and have a better deal secured against a wider set of assets.
It seems slightly the other way round, according to another Iles tweet:
All this riding on refinancing package on Blumarble loan. Current option saves £1.5m (say owners) but they think they can get better.
(the "all this" presumably refers to the content of the BN story, which was Marc's previous tweet)

So, that sounds to me like: renegotiate the Blumarble loan (presumably signed in haste?) on better terms, so they can buy back assets sold off cheap (but not Euxton).

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri May 27, 2016 10:08 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:To me it sounds like they want to borrow a relatively small amount in order to buy back some assets so that they can renogtiate the blumarble loan and have a better deal secured against a wider set of assets.
All this riding on refinancing package on Blumarble loan. Current option saves £1.5m (say owners) but they think they can get better.
(the "all this" presumably refers to the content of the BN story, which was Marc's previous tweet)

So, that sounds to me like: renegotiate the Blumarble loan (presumably signed in haste?) on better terms, so they can buy back assets sold off cheap (but not Euxton).
.....and make us more attractive to buy presumably?

#returnofthepanicfannies

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 27, 2016 10:20 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:

#returnofthepanicfannies
A possible side-effect. At root, it's restructuring a loan so we're not losing as much money in interest; a pleasant effect of that might be the ability to claw back some of the family silver. I agree with those who say submitting the accounts and lifting the embargo should be the priority, but I'm assuming they know that and are working on it... right? ae:)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 27, 2016 10:23 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:

#returnofthepanicfannies
A possible side-effect. At root, it's restructuring a loan so we're not losing as much money in interest; a pleasant effect of that might be the ability to claw back some of the family silver. I agree with those who say submitting the accounts and lifting the embargo should be the priority, but I'm assuming they know that and are working on it... right? ae:)

indeed - maybe they are working on more than one thing at once! just a thought...

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Fri May 27, 2016 1:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

That something is load a loss-making club up with even more debt it cannot pay back. Has KA even stuck his £2.5m in yet?

Absolute farce.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat May 28, 2016 11:23 am

Loyal White wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

That something is load a loss-making club up with even more debt it cannot pay back. Has KA even stuck his £2.5m in yet?

Absolute farce.
Not sure he's done that but the players wages have been paid this month. That was confirmed through the all knowing and Powerful Oz (Marc Iles) on Twuntter :wink:
Pfffft.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 31, 2016 5:23 pm

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:35 am

According to the BEN, it seems Anderson and Holdsworth have told prospective managers what players to sign. Apparently each managerial candidate nodded with approval at the suggestions.

Anyone see an issue here?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:34 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:According to the BEN, it seems Anderson and Holdsworth have told prospective managers what players to sign. Apparently each managerial candidate nodded with approval at the suggestions.

I'm not sure this is accurate is it - I think from what is being reported, they informed each prospective manager which loan players that they had targeted from premiership teams.

And recalling the poor quality & waste of money Lennon's signings turned out to be, perhaps its a good thing - but I've no issue with it and I'm sure that the new manager will still be able to bring in couple of their own new players.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:35 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:According to the BEN, it seems Anderson and Holdsworth have told prospective managers what players to sign. Apparently each managerial candidate nodded with approval at the suggestions.

I'm not sure this is accurate is it - I think from what is being reported, they informed each prospective manager which loan players that they had targeted from premiership teams.

And recalling the poor quality & waste of money Lennon's signings turned out to be, perhaps its a good thing - but I've no issue with it and I'm sure that the new manager will still be able to bring in couple of their own new players.
If we're not careful here, PT will be up for the "little ray of sunshine" award! :mrgreen:

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:38 pm

POTENTIAL managers of Wanderers have already been given a shortlist of players who have been lined-up for moves to the Macron next season.

Interviews were held at the start of last week with three candidates, who were told the club’s plans in the transfer market for the summer window.

The list includes two new strikers and a number of suggested loan moves involving Premier League youngsters but hinges on the embargo, which has been in place since the end of last year, being lifted.

Ken Anderson, Wanderers’ co-owner, is confident that will be the case in plenty of time for the new manager to prepare his squad for life in League One, starting with a friendly at Atherton Collieries on July 2 and followed by a European training camp.

The Whites chairman claims the players he and Dean Holdsworth have picked out as potential signings have been received positively by the prospective managers who sat down for talks last Monday.

“I think we have already identified around 40 per cent of the players we want to bring in for the start of next season once the embargo is lifted,” he told The Bolton News.

“When we spoke to the candidates about who we’d picked out, every one of them were in agreement and said they would have been on their list too.

“They were nodding along and saying “good choice".
I am still struggling to read this as anything but prospective managers told what our new owners transfer plans are? I want to be wrong, so I hope what PT says above is nearer the mark. Surely any manager worth his salt will have his own ideas about players he wishes to bring in?

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... wish_list/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:43 pm

The crunch comes when the boss disagrees with the suggestions.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:13 pm

Sounds just a tad like they're looking for a managerial yes-man already?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:37 am

More from Lee Anderson in an Iles piece presumably filed pre-holiday:
The relationship between my father and Dean is perfect. There are certainly no problems between them, they have worked closely together on ideas surrounding the manager and players throughout the last few months.

We have lined up a few different players and discussed them with potential managers. In that sense we are moving down the road.

Obviously we want the new manager to have his input so a number of variables still exist but I will say that a couple of our big-hitters in the squad will be gone by the end of the transfer window. And by that I don't mean we are looking to send them out on loan, for them to return next summer.

We also expect the embargo to be lifted once certain things are put in place. We are moving step by step and expect things to happen quite quickly, very soon once we have announced the new manager.
Interestingly the only "big hitters" (ie well-waged) players contracted beyond next summer are Pratley, Amos and Derik (a way behind, according to those Sun figures).

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:12 am

Believe it when I see it.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:29 am

Erratum: the piece is now credited to Mike Glendinning - possibly an upload error.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:30 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

POTENTIAL managers of Wanderers have already been given a shortlist of players who have been lined-up for moves to the Macron next season.

Interviews were held at the start of last week with three candidates, who were told the club’s plans in the transfer market for the summer window.

The list includes two new strikers and a number of suggested loan moves involving Premier League youngsters but hinges on the embargo, which has been in place since the end of last year, being lifted.

Ken Anderson, Wanderers’ co-owner, is confident that will be the case in plenty of time for the new manager to prepare his squad for life in League One, starting with a friendly at Atherton Collieries on July 2 and followed by a European training camp.

The Whites chairman claims the players he and Dean Holdsworth have picked out as potential signings have been received positively by the prospective managers who sat down for talks last Monday.

“I think we have already identified around 40 per cent of the players we want to bring in for the start of next season once the embargo is lifted,” he told The Bolton News.

“When we spoke to the candidates about who we’d picked out, every one of them were in agreement and said they would have been on their list too.

“They were nodding along and saying “good choice".
I am still struggling to read this as anything but prospective managers told what our new owners transfer plans are? I want to be wrong, so I hope what PT says above is nearer the mark. Surely any manager worth his salt will have his own ideas about players he wishes to bring in?

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... wish_list/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Saves us from tying their mates down to 3 year contracts and managers going with the tried and trusted lieutenants who so often let us down and are there purely as eyes and ears..

Prevalent in lower league football
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"