DMB Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:36 am

FaninOz wrote: If we can't get a full house against United we will never ever fill the stadium again!
So what? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:07 am

Of course the over the top hyperbole there is breathtaking.. Again? What, ever? If people like you were allowed to run our club we'd have a 5k capacity stadium.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:13 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Of course the over the top hyperbole there is breathtaking.. Again? What, ever?

no LK - never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever again, never

this sunday is the litmus test for our entire future capacity stadium-filling prowess..

(I'm VERY nervous about failing that particular test! See my pupils dilated with worry...)

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:00 am

thebish wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Of course the over the top hyperbole there is breathtaking.. Again? What, ever?

no LK - never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever again, never

this sunday is the litmus test for our entire future capacity stadium-filling prowess..

(I'm VERY nervous about failing that particular test! See my pupils dilated with worry...)
If the footertainment fans had their way, failure to fill would be a points deduction. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:08 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
thebish wrote:

If the footertainment fans had their way, failure to fill would be a points deduction. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
... & goals from open play would be worth twice that of goals from dead-ball situations.

Unless they are superb free kicks or great headers from great players playing for great clubs. Those would get double value.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:43 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
thebish wrote:

... & goals from open play would be worth twice that of goals from dead-ball situations.

Unless they are superb free kicks or great headers from great players playing for great clubs. Those would get double value.
...and 3x the value against tiny little clubs like ours.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:31 pm

It is a silly time on a Sunday. Why is it 12.00 and not 12.45?

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:40 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:It is a silly time on a Sunday. Why is it 12.00 and not 12.45?
So people in the Eastern states of Australia can watch the game straight after their tea and then have an early night. :wink:
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:17 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:It is a silly time on a Sunday. Why is it 12.00 and not 12.45?
Yeah - I'm worried about making it there after church.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Personally I'm gutted. I always use the 45 minutes between noon and 1245 to get uncontrollably, violently drunk, so it'd mean I would be able to start fights with people who support a different football team.

Political Correctness Gone Mad.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:48 pm

bugger - Chelsea lost - which decreases the Premiership weekend shock-upset allowance by one...

we're doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:58 pm

Without trying to get into conspiracy theories, anyone considered that a noon kickoff would maximize pie sales?

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:04 pm

All midday kick offs do is make sure our fans are still half asleep when we start :mrgreen: we're bad for it

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:25 pm

I just hope we're all fully fit for this. We'll have to harass em for 90 minutes (97 if we should be lucky enough to be leading or drawing after 90). Let them have the ball and space and they'll steamroller us. Holden and Muamba the critical two. Vidic will try to pull all sorts of strokes on KD who'll get nothing from the ref as usual ( a card perhaps?) as old Red Nose will have had a word somewhere about him). Rooney down the left will be a big worry but none of them can do much if they don't have the ball. Jussi will have to be on top form. Berbatov will be full of himself (hopefully a bit too much so) as he's on a scoring streak.

My rose-tinters are a bit fogged right now, but may clear off by morning. It will be tough to say the least. A hard-fought draw would be imminently acceptable, a win a prayer answered. I'm watching with a Scouse supporter so at least there'll be two of us cheering the Whites on.

COME ON YOU WHITES
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:29 pm

Expect Evra to dive at least 3-4 times.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:41 pm

seanworth wrote:Expect Evra to dive at least 3-4 times.
Looks like Ferdinand will be back, and watch the Red Nose scream if anybody lamps him one. Elmander claims he's ready for Vidic (who gave him a nasty elbow last season). Hope he's right.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:57 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:All midday kick offs do is make sure our PLAYERS are still half asleep when we start :mrgreen: we're bad for it
Sto ut Serviam

cophilie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cophilie » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:08 pm

seanworth wrote:Expect Evra to dive at least 3-4 times a minute.
Corrected for you.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:18 pm

bugger...

arsenal 2 goals down now - what are the odds of all three top-three teams losing this weekend?

answer - not very good...

doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:21 pm

cophilie wrote:
seanworth wrote:Expect Evra to dive at least 3-4 times a minute.
Corrected for you.
:)