BWFC Podcast

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Re: BWFC Podcast

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:23 pm

officer_dibble wrote:The thing with your 'Folking marvellous' idea.....its gonna run out in a couple of weeks! Unless you go back to the days of Mixu Mixu Mixu MJixu Paatelainen and beyond!
Unless we get creative...

We're thinking of ways to keep it going!
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:34 am

Worth seeing if Colin can mention it over the tannoy at home games as well?
Pfffft.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:39 am

Colin :doh:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:02 pm

Dont sound reet bowton do they!?

i lasted 4 & half minutes, until the singing. id put off listening to it till just now as i had a feeling it'd be terrible. it was worse.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:06 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Dont sound reet bowton do they!?

i lasted 4 & half minutes, until the singing. id put off listening to it till just now as i had a feeling it'd be terrible. it was worse.
Good to hear constructive criticism!

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:06 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Dont sound reet bowton do they!?

Well, you can't please everyone - but thanks for giving it a go.

I'm from Bolton (Horwich) but moved away some time ago. The accent's softened, but I'm sure it's in there somewhere!
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:08 pm

its a decent idea, i hope you get it together.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:46 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:its a decent idea, i hope you get it together.
We'll try.
It's probably always going to hae silly songs in it though.

:)

Cheese
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Cheese » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:57 am

I just can't get over the scripted aspect of it. Personally, it makes for a bit of an awkward listening experience. It's a shame, as whoever edits it is doing a decent job, and I'm sure if you just had a natural discussion for an hour or so (rather than sticking tightly to a 10 minute script), after chopping out the crap, you'd easily have enough material to fill the same time slot. Obviously the production would take significantly longer, but it would be well worth it in my opinion.

I wish you all the best with it, but it's not for me in this current form. It's just a bit too 'forced'.

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Cheese wrote:I just can't get over the scripted aspect of it. Personally, it makes for a bit of an awkward listening experience. It's a shame, as whoever edits it is doing a decent job, and I'm sure if you just had a natural discussion for an hour or so (rather than sticking tightly to a 10 minute script), after chopping out the crap, you'd easily have enough material to fill the same time slot. Obviously the production would take significantly longer, but it would be well worth it in my opinion.

I wish you all the best with it, but it's not for me in this current form. It's just a bit too 'forced'.
Very good feedback, Cheese. Thank you.

I'm hoping we'll 'grow into into it', and once we have done we will be able to do more improvised stuff. Definitely something we should look at doing, because you're right - we aren't professional actors, and that maybe comes across.

Early days though!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:46 am

Owen'sEleven wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:The thing with your 'Folking marvellous' idea.....its gonna run out in a couple of weeks! Unless you go back to the days of Mixu Mixu Mixu MJixu Paatelainen and beyond!

ahem

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/vi ... 39#p614739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D

Enjoying it so far, btw. You can tell it's still a raw idea and bits of it don't click, but i'm not sniffing at it. It's a nice way to pass ten minutes atm.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:36 am

Verbal wrote:
Owen'sEleven wrote:

ahem

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/vi ... 39#p614739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D

Enjoying it so far, btw. You can tell it's still a raw idea and bits of it don't click, but i'm not sniffing at it. It's a nice way to pass ten minutes atm.
Hint taken! And to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see us branch out a bit - maybe in a Morten Harket direction at some point. He has a rather good voice though!

And thanks for bearing with us. We aren't perfect yet - probably never will be - but no doubt it'll get more natural. Should be another out today by the way (or tomorrow at the latest).

OE

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:57 am

Hello all - a new podcast, featuring Folking Marvellous, is out now on the site. Click here http://goo.gl/xd4XQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or check my sig to go an dhave a listen! If you like, of course.

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:02 am

Cheese wrote:I just can't get over the scripted aspect of it. Personally, it makes for a bit of an awkward listening experience. It's a shame, as whoever edits it is doing a decent job, and I'm sure if you just had a natural discussion for an hour or so (rather than sticking tightly to a 10 minute script), after chopping out the crap, you'd easily have enough material to fill the same time slot. Obviously the production would take significantly longer, but it would be well worth it in my opinion.

Yeah agreed. It would take a fair bit more time to clean up though (the production's what I spend the most time on with it at the mo', and I'm still never happy, today's one is clipping all over the shop and the compression was a mare, grrr). I think what we may do is move to a fortnightly thing to give us a little more time to prep and then we can do much more of it improvised (though obviously the factual bits will have to remain scripted).
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:06 am

Dartisan wrote:

Yeah agreed. It would take a fair bit more time to clean up though (the production's what I spend the most time on with it at the mo', and I'm still never happy, today's one is clipping all over the shop and the compression was a mare, grrr). I think what we may do is move to a fortnightly thing to give us a little more time to prep and then we can do much more of it improvised (though obviously the factual bits will have to remain scripted).
(Incidentally it's far from all being scripted at the moment anyway, and this week's was just a single take).
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:08 pm

This weeks Folking Marvelous was amazing! :D

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:15 pm

Is this on Itunes yet

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Gave this a good listen and there's a decided improvement. Are you using one mike or two? The reason for asking is that during the monologue it's still a bit "samey", a bit more Pete and Dud droll than Morecambe and Wise or Two Ronnies type banter. I walked across the room to listen and you have similar voices, sounds a bit like one answering himself somethimes, if you know what I mean? The song and the crazy differences in singing voices illustated this to me. The singing worked fine. Hope you don't take this wrong as it's just an observation. You're definitely getting there. Keep going.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:01 pm

keveh wrote:This weeks Folking Marvelous was amazing! :D
Thanks.

Kudos must go to Dartisan though :pray: - I just kept the WATOAOW going while trying not to laugh!

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Is this on Itunes yet
Yes - it is: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the- ... d428493325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;