Wiggin game

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Wiggin game

Post by elfil76 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:18 pm

No cause it is not fun at the moment.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:55 pm

thebish wrote:ohhhhh!!! do we have to start talking about football again??? :shock:
I know, I was just getting used to not having to worry about more turmoil!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:29 am

I'm volunteering at a centre helping victims of domestic abuse on Saturday. Yes. I've found something MORE depressing.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:05 am

Reckon you'll pull?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:12 am

Prufrock wrote:I'm volunteering at a centre helping victims of domestic abuse on Saturday. Yes. I've found something MORE depressing.
Fcuk me, unbelievable

What folk'll do for a jump these days
Sto ut Serviam

Holden midfielder
Promising
Promising

Post by Holden midfielder » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:21 am

I hate these international breaks. I know we needed it but it has taken it's toll. Thank goodness FIFA 12 came out or I would be a basket case.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:42 am

Holden midfielder wrote:I hate these international breaks. I know we needed it but it has taken it's toll. Thank goodness FIFA 12 came out or I would be a basket case.
It does seem an eternity since we last played.

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:50 am

also seems like eternity since we last won.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:14 am

Cant decide whether Im excited or bricking it about this one!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:41 am

P.O.S. wrote:Cant decide whether Im excited or bricking it about this one!
Exactly the same.

50% thinks nows the time we'll put in a performance and show the quality we have.

Other 50% remembers how poor we've been so far.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:50 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Exactly the same.

50% thinks nows the time we'll put in a performance and show the quality we have.

Whatever the outcome, I'm certain that I won't enjoy it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:52 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Exactly the same.

relax. we're dooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:58 am

plenty to choose from....
Owen Coyle says Jussi Jaaskelainen is in line to make a first team return this Saturday at the DW Stadium after missing the game against Chelsea almost two weeks ago.

It was the first Premier League fixture that the Finnish goalkeeper has missed through injury in over three years, but the Bolton boss is confident that he can take his place against Wigan after resuming light training earlier in the week.

Coyle said: "We hope Jussi can come back. He hasn't trained with the squad as of yet but he will today (Thursday). If there is no reaction then he will be fit and available for the game.

"He had originally hurt his thigh striking through the ball at Arsenal and because he continued kicking then it led to a strain."

Coyle also has three more players available for selection as David Wheater and Ivan Klasnic have now finished their respective one and three game suspensions.

Gael Kakuta is set to return to the squad too after being ineligible for the game against Chelsea due to the terms of his loan agreement.

In addition, Coyle revealed that the players who went away on international duty have all returned fit and well.

He added: "The three players gives us extra choices and scope to change things slightly if we want.

"Gary Cahill was back in on Monday because England played last Friday. Ivan Klasnic was away with Croatia but never featured in any of their games, while Adam Bogdan is back from being with Hungary.

"Gael Kakuta and Dedryck Boyata have returned from playing for France and Belgium Under-21s also. Everyone seems intact and we have no fresh injuries."

newboy
Promising
Promising

Post by newboy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:21 am

If Coyle sticks to his 4 4 2 then Kakuta has to start on one wing with Eagles on the other Riki in at left back with NGog and Klass up front Wheater should replace Knight and Bogdan to remain in goal he'll want (need) a chance to redeem himself.
if he starts with Robbo KD or Knight then we may as well give Wiggin the points save em all running about aimlessly and getting unnecessarily sweaty.

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:59 am

newboy wrote:If Coyle sticks to his 4 4 2 then Kakuta has to start on one wing with Eagles on the other Riki in at left back with NGog and Klass up front Wheater should replace Knight and Bogdan to remain in goal he'll want (need) a chance to redeem himself.
if he starts with Robbo KD or Knight then we may as well give Wiggin the points save em all running about aimlessly and getting unnecessarily sweaty.
You were doing so well until you started talking about giving Wigan the points. I agree with Kakuta & Gardner however he won't play Gardner at LB. Robbo will still be there and will have a better game with someone in front of him who tracks his man more than once a game!
Davo will also start as Klasnic is a liability and Coyle will definitely think less of him after his red against Norwich. He will go 4-4-2 with this team:

Jussi

Boyata
Cahill
Knight
Robinson

Kakuta
NRC
Muamba
Petrov

SKD
Ngog
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:20 pm

BWFC_Wyles wrote:He will go 4-4-2 with this team:
Jussi
Boyata, Cahill, Knight, Robinson
Kakuta, NRC, Muamba, Petrov
SKD, Ngog
Apart from Eagles for Kakuta I think you're right, even if he's wrong.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Kakuta hasn't played in the PL for us. I don't see him starting a game before making some sub appearances.

Surely Coyle has seen enough this season to know that starting KD is not wise given a full complement to choose from. 4-5-1- away please.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:Kakuta hasn't played in the PL for us. I don't see him starting a game before making some sub appearances.

Surely Coyle has seen enough this season to know that starting KD is not wise given a full complement to choose from. 4-5-1- away please.
I think 4-5-1 against this lot is the wrong message to send out. We want to go at them, all guns blazing, from the 1st minute. Attack. That'll scare the sh*t out of them and get our fans outsinging theirs
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:08 pm

BWFC_Wyles wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:Kakuta hasn't played in the PL for us. I don't see him starting a game before making some sub appearances.

I think 4-5-1 against this lot is the wrong message to send out. We want to go at them, all guns blazing, from the 1st minute. Attack. That'll scare the sh*t out of them and get our fans outsinging theirs
you don't get points for that! 8)

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Damn and blast! I'm excited again! How does this happen? Every time, I pay my money, get my ticket, and feel excited. About going to Wigan.

Can't fight the feeling though; I'm definitely looking forward to it. Not seen a goal in the games I've been to so far, so hoping to break that particular duck. We can be pretty sure of conceding, so I'll stick my neck out and say 2-1 to Bolton.

Hope I'm right.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...