We're going to visit the queen

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: We're going to visit the queen

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Wow, that is one hell of a statement, reasons please? Neither of you have answered my question btw which could have a huge impact on the accuracy of my previous statements on towns as well as future ones.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:48 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Wow, that is one hell of a statement, reasons please? Neither of you have answered my question btw which could have a huge impact on the accuracy of my previous statements on towns as well as future ones.

my answer to your question would be not to quote govt. data AND simultaneously, not to broadcast your opinion... :wink:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:58 pm

Then again there is Windsor, Henley, Marlow and Maidenhead ... and that whole 'shire' area of Berks. Not too shabby ... and loads of Waitroses and Budgens. Now That's my standard for somewhere posh.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:58 pm

Shut up will you.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:06 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Shut up will you.
Yes ... sorry. :oops:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:11 pm

You and me both know though Bobo that your Henley's and your Marlow's don't have the same community spirit as what your Horwich's and Westhoughton's.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:18 pm

boltonboris wrote:They're banned because the cortisone calcifies or summat and the residue causes absolute feck of the knee joint leading to all sorts of early old people shit
I thought it was to do with masking injuries and ultimately making them worse.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:20 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:the middle class poshness of Wokingham
:lol: What a fecking weapon!
May the bridges I burn light your way

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi guys, daibo, Royals fan here. Actually quite a lot of us are anti-monarchy despite the club nickname.
We've got our RR match presentation up here, as always fullest respect to Wanderers:
http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/10022077/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For travel, eating, drinking, this should tell you about everything you need to know too:
http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/9220871/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, a friendly Liverpool fan writes this: http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/10022051/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As you will probably know, there is great uncertainty about the club ownership right now. The Russian Anton Zingarevich (and pretty wife Katsia) have seemed to have almost disappeared, and it seems new options are Oman or US ownership. This uncertainty is greatly affecting the team though we feel; and the Winter Transfer Window may well turn out to be a farce we think ... and despite our top half position in the table confidence is not at all high on or off the pitch ...

here's for a good game, any questions, just get back!!
'Royals Rendezvous' - a friendly Reading forum

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:31 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:the middle class poshness of Wokingham
:lol: What a fecking weapon!
:lol:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:13 am

BBC Sport

Sky Bet Championship
Venue: Madejski Stadium
Date: Saturday 18 January
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Coverage: Watch highlights on The Football League Show; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

Reading will assess Danny Guthrie after the midfielder picked up a calf injury. Wayne Bridge, Sean Morrison (both knee), Chris Baird (ankle), Mikele Leigertwood (ankle), and Jason Roberts (hip) remain unavailable.

Bolton striker Jermaine Beckford is sidelined with a hamstring injury and will miss the next three weeks. Full-back Marc Tierney (foot) and midfielder Stuart Holden (knee) are out, while Andy Lonergan will keep his place in goal.

MATCH FACTS - Head-to-Head

• These sides played out a 1-1 draw at the Reebok Stadium in August.

• Bolton are unbeaten in the last three meetings, winning two. Reading's last win was 3-1 in the Premier League at the Reebok Stadium in April 2007.

• Bolton won the last meeting at the Madejski Stadium 2-0 in the Premier League in February 2008. It is their only win there in the last four meetings.

Reading

• Reading's 1-0 league win at Watford last weekend was their first win in six games in all competitions.

• Reading have scored only two goals in their last five games in all competitions.

• Reading have not scored more than one goal in a game in all competitions since their 3-2 league win at Nottingham Forest in late November.

• Reading have won only one of their last six games at home. Their 1-0 league win against Charlton on 3 December is their only win at home since October.

Bolton

• Bolton have lost only one of their last six games in all competitions.

• Bolton have scored in each of their last eight games in all competitions, since their 1-0 league defeat at home to Huddersfield early last month.

• Bolton have lost three of their last four away games, though they won 1-0 at Barnsley on Boxing Day.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:18 am

We'll stuff ya!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:20 am

So their awful attack vs our awful defence. What happens when a pathetically weak force meets a very movable object?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:21 am

A right load of shoite

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:21 am

A Dan view of a visit to the Royals:

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/about-reading" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

daib0
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by daib0 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:34 am

[quote="TANGODANCER"]A Dan view of a visit to the Royals:

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/about-reading" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

excellent article, hope you don't mind, I've quoted this on our RR, fully crediting your forum and the author :oyea:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:45 am

[quote="TANGODANCER"]A Dan view of a visit to the Royals:

I'm confused TD... that link directs to the youth game last year, but the intro blurb seems to suggest it should be a new article about the upcoming match. :?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:26 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:A Dan view of a visit to the Royals:

I'm confused TD... that link directs to the youth game last year, but the intro blurb seems to suggest it should be a new article about the upcoming match. :?
I think the software must have picked up a previous title from the archives. I've changed the current title but didn't need to do anything else. Seems okay now and apologies for not noticing. My error (or the software's, not Dan's).
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:A Dan view of a visit to the Royals:

I think the software must have picked up a previous title from the archives. I've changed the current title but didn't need to do anything else. Seems okay now and apologies for not noticing. My error (or the software's, not Dan's).
aha! cheers, to you and Dan.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Yeah, cheers Dan, nice scene-setter, although that might be the single worst use of 'ironically' I've ever seen, and there is soooome competition for that award :D.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.