Prediction Time 14/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: Prediction Time 14/15

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:09 am

We were in a race last season...a race to the bottom!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:54 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Apparently at the BWSA last night Lennon said the play-offs were his target and he thinks a realistic one.

What does he know that we don't? Investment on its way?
Even if it does come we can't do a lot until January, when it will be too late unless results pick up before. Must think we're a result off it turning.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:02 am

[quote="Lost Leopard Spot"]Well, I think I'll claim the claim the crown of Nostradamus for that thread, then! 8)[/

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:04 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Apparently at the BWSA last night Lennon said the play-offs were his target and he thinks a realistic one.

It marks the return of Marvelous. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:05 am

Exactly the type of answer expected from someone with a winners Mentality! You wouldn't expect to hear David Haye saying He's aiming to be a Loser now would you? :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:16 am

Prufrock wrote:

Even if it does come we can't do a lot until January, when it will be too late unless results pick up before. Must think we're a result off it turning.
Well we could get a couple in on 3 month loans. And then go crazy in January. Perhaps he has a couple lined up without investment. Who knows?

I like the positivity he has though.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:24 am

Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Apparently at the BWSA last night Lennon said the play-offs were his target and he thinks a realistic one. What does he know that we don't? Investment on its way?
Tomorrow comes the loan window, with he possibility of borrowing lots of unwanted Premier League players whose wages we can't currently afford. I'm sure that Lennon would love to borrow Gary Hooper or Kyle Lafferty off Norwich, but I'm even more sure that others would be able to pay a bigger slice of their wages than our finances would currently allow.

EDIT: ...as BWFCi already said. And for the record, maybe we are just a result off it turning - it's not like we've been statistically poor.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:26 am

Someone did some live tweets from the event last night. Some interesting quotes from Lennon, especially about lack of shots from outside the box.

Also re Danns vs Spearing, Lennon doesn't feel Spearing offers the same mobility as Danns and it is why Danns is first choice. Guess we knew that but interesting to hear it said.

https://twitter.com/bwfctalk/with_replies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:35 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Someone did some live tweets from the event last night. Some interesting quotes from Lennon, especially about lack of shots from outside the box.

Also re Danns vs Spearing, Lennon doesn't feel Spearing offers the same mobility as Danns and it is why Danns is first choice. Guess we knew that but interesting to hear it said.

https://twitter.com/bwfctalk/with_replies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for that, some interesting stuff. In case you can't access it:

Didn't think Ream was physical enough;
seems (?) to be shying away from 3-5-2;
wants more shots from outside the box;
knows his best XI;
thinks Vela is playing within himself;
thinks Walker "could be very good" and Mavies "could be one of the best midfielders in the Championship";
lack of takers for Medo;
has a list of strikers but we've been priced out.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:46 am

Definitely agree with most of what Lennon says. He's spot on re Ream.

Concerning re the Vela comment. Vela should be chomping at the bit to prove himself in midfield.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Apparently at the BWSA last night Lennon said the play-offs were his target and he thinks a realistic one. What does he know that we don't? Investment on its way?
Tomorrow comes the loan window, with he possibility of borrowing lots of unwanted Premier League players whose wages we can't currently afford. I'm sure that Lennon would love to borrow Gary Hooper or Kyle Lafferty off Norwich, but I'm even more sure that others would be able to pay a bigger slice of their wages than our finances would currently allow.

EDIT: ...as BWFCi already said. And for the record, maybe we are just a result off it turning - it's not like we've been statistically poor.
How many can we have? And how many do we have at the moment? Is Silva the only loanee?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:

Beats Dougie's assertion that his players weren't good enough to stay up. He has to be positive although it would be easy to start pointing the finger and making excuses.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Prince is borrowed from abroad so doesn't count toward the same total (Forest have borrowed two players from abroad since the "window" "closed")

I'll see if I can dig out the rules

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Bit of an explanation here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31992432" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've found last year's rules at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (from last year) –

Four categories: Standard (window to window), International, Emergency (outside the windows), and Youth (can’t extend beyond his 21st birthday).

Doesn’t seem to be a limit (Tranmere had 12 last season!) but you can’t name more than five in a matchday squad.

You also can’t sign more than four (S, I, E or Y) from one club in any season, although “an additional Youth Loan Player may be added to that figure”.

Emergency loans are minimum 28 days, maximum 93 days (remember Dawson going?).

Oh and I was wrong - International loans do count, but as Standard (window-to-window) loans.

Hope this helps...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:02 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Prince is borrowed from abroad so doesn't count toward the same total (Forest have borrowed two players from abroad since the "window" "closed")

Ah I wasn't aware of that; I thought it was changed a few years back to a total when Watford borrowed half of Udinese's(?) reserve and U-21 side to put a stop to teams pitching up their first team with foreign youth and cast offs.

EDIT: And I've just read your second post, seems between us both we were right. Sort of. :P
Heh. Yep: http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... s-loophole" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That story (from summer 2013) mentions "maximum of eight loans" but I think they're only counting Standard (window-to-window) loans, of which:
53.2.5 A Loaning Club can have a maximum of 4 Players under 23 and a further 4 Players over 23 registered on a Standard Loan during any Season. The deadline for determining a Player’s age in this respect shall be 30 June prior to the Season in which the Standard Loan is intended to take place.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:06 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
throwawayboltonian wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Prince is borrowed from abroad so doesn't count toward the same total (Forest have borrowed two players from abroad since the "window" "closed")

Ah I wasn't aware of that; I thought it was changed a few years back to a total when Watford borrowed half of Udinese's(?) reserve and U-21 side to put a stop to teams pitching up their first team with foreign youth and cast offs.

EDIT: And I've just read your second post, seems between us both we were right. Sort of. :P
Heh. Yep: http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... s-loophole" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That story (from summer 2013) mentions "maximum of eight loans" but I think they're only counting Standard (window-to-window) loans, of which:
53.2.5 A Loaning Club can have a maximum of 4 Players under 23 and a further 4 Players over 23 registered on a Standard Loan during any Season. The deadline for determining a Player’s age in this respect shall be 30 June prior to the Season in which the Standard Loan is intended to take place.

Then there's the 'Redknapp Factor'' which extends any window (loan or transfer) by a factor of 4.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:25 pm

jonnycooper wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Well, I think I'll claim the claim the crown of Nostradamus for that thread, then! 8)[/
At least you got it - even if your embedding skills are shite... :wink:

READ THE THREAD TITLE
2014-15 you wazzocks. It's happened.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:00 pm

What the hell does "playing within himself" mean?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:09 pm

This is great - Both Plymouth and Lennon promising big things this season. Good to know our Transfer thread matches the Club's aspirations...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:05 pm

officer_dibble wrote:What the hell does "playing within himself" mean?
From what I witnessed at MK dons I'd say it means taking no risks, playing with little confidence, passing it sideways and being generally lacklustre. Could be wrong though! I think Neil is being kinder to him than he has been to Walker. They both need to pull their fingers out if they want to stay in the team though.