At Home to Norwich...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: At Home to Norwich...

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:53 pm

We're settling for a point, says mic man and......we win a deep throw but they get it and.....Alf goes and....we lose it. We throw, they get, we win a throw. And....two mins plus.....and.....Moxey and....and.....N.L sprints out at the ref and gets a bolloxing. Five mins added and the ref's playing for them. Jerome offside and a free kick us. And ..throw us and....Moxey and.....they clear, we retain, we get another throw. We want a goal, we want a goal... they come but Bannan clears.....and its 1-2.....FXCK....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:55 pm

Useless cnuts

8th time we've conceded in injury time.

Wish this season would just feck off.

I can't see many of these stopping next season.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:55 pm

Yeah, sick of this now. Shite.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:57 pm

What a fxcking fiasco. How many more times can we fxck up in the last sixty seconds. We just can't surpass this bad spell ever.... :evil: Bogdan has to save, clear and.....Janko.....they clear. Feeney......and Moxey, Feeney....too late. :evil:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:57 pm

It's like Groundhog Day this season. Hamstring injuries and late goals conceded. Stats suggest we were outplayed.did it sound like that from the commentary tango?

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:59 pm

Woohoo another point dropped

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:05 pm

Commentators said 'to be super critical, Norwich deserved the 3 points'. Those commentators are dickheads tbf, so who knows?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:23 pm

LeverEnd wrote:It's like Groundhog Day this season. Hamstring injuries and late goals conceded. Stats suggest we were outplayed.did it sound like that from the commentary tango?
First half, or until we scored at least, they were all over from the sound of it. After that we bucked up and second half sounded pretty fifty-fifty. As said, our mic men are plonkers. More conserned with how Bury are doing and completely forgetting at times that Tower is Bolton's radio station. I'd sack the lot. Get Graham whatsit back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:28 pm

Have to say, with our penchant for giving late (and soft) goals away, three at the back is risky at best. Add to that how we never seem to spend the last quarter doing the pressing and the fact that we're now probably known in outer Mongolia as soft at the death, and we really need some changes somewhere. It's no longer a pleasure on match days. More a kick-in-the-teeth feeling. Our inconsistency is depressing.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:It's like Groundhog Day this season. Hamstring injuries and late goals conceded. Stats suggest we were outplayed.did it sound like that from the commentary tango?
First half, or until we scored at least, they were all over from the sound of it. After that we bucked up and second half sounded pretty fifty-fifty. As said, our mic men are plonkers. More conserned with how Bury are doing and completely forgetting at times that Tower is Bolton's radio station. I'd sack the lot. Get Graham whatsit back.
It's Bolton and Bury's radio station tbf. But yeah, who gives a shit about the bucket shakers?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:35 pm

From Marc Iles on Twitter. What else can Lennon say really? It's what he does from mid May that will count. This season is a dreadful write-off.

NL "We shouldn't be letting a £6m striker free in our box with a minute to go, it's unacceptable."
NL "We played well in the second half but to switch off late on was unbelievable. That's why they are where they are & we are where we are."
NL "As a manager I don't know what to do or say. We made the changes to see the game out and from there it's down to the players."

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:49 pm

I'm a bit concerned he doesn' t know what to do. Not particularly impressed with that statement at all. It's beyond embarassing now.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:53 pm

We certainly didn't deserve to lose - Barry Bannan was absolutely outstanding, a one man show for me.

Our defence are soft as shite, bullied by Jerome for most of the game - I have to say that Ream actually had a good game but he can't read the ball over the top, his fault IMO for the winner, and he has a major mistake that leads to a goal in almost every game.

As I said Bannan was outstanding & Le Fondre was decent - the rest very poor, Feeney was utterly useless yet again and I mean useless, Vela was rubbish a stupid petulant challenge for the free kick leading to their 1st goal and did nothing all game.

Eidur had his worst game to date and Moxey was poor, Walker is talented but just isn't ready - but the formation was shocking (almost a 3-4-3) starting the game with one recognised midfielder (Bannan) was very strange. There is a major issue with this team, in that we always start the game flat and play low tempo rubbish for the first 30 mins and we have done this since Xmas....yet we always improve in the 2nd half.

If the team played with Lennon's passion we would be fine - but Bannan & Le Fondre apart no one else plays like they really give a shite, shame about Ream as that's the best he's played for weeks and he's a good footballer but he can't keep making game losing mistakes.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:04 pm

Apparently had 24 shots to our 9; our goal was our first attempt.

Hopefully Norwich will go up, buy a striker or two and let Lennon borrow Hooper.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:04 pm

officer_dibble wrote:I'm a bit concerned he doesn' t know what to do. Not particularly impressed with that statement at all. It's beyond embarassing now.
Suggests to me that he's saying he doesn't have players who are up to the job and Uncle Eddie should dust down his cheque book!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:28 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Have to say, with our penchant for giving late (and soft) goals away, three at the back is risky at best. Add to that how we never seem to spend the last quarter doing the pressing and the fact that we're now probably known in outer Mongolia as soft at the death, and we really need some changes somewhere. It's no longer a pleasure on match days. More a kick-in-the-teeth feeling. Our inconsistency is depressing.
so is our consistency - consistently throwing away points in the dying minutes... :(

Lenny said this week he's still mad-hot for 3 at the back...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Peter Thompson wrote: If the team played with Lennon's passion we would be fine - but Bannan & Le Fondre apart no one else plays like they really give a shite, shame about Ream as that's the best he's played for weeks and he's a good footballer but he can't keep making game losing mistakes.

is it just passion we are lacking - or are we lacking actual talent too?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:32 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:I'm a bit concerned he doesn' t know what to do. Not particularly impressed with that statement at all. It's beyond embarassing now.
Suggests to me that he's saying he doesn't have players who are up to the job and Uncle Eddie should dust down his cheque book!
hmmm.. maybe - but it will be no excuse to say he thought he'd have squillions to spend - everyone knew he wouldn't... presumably he told the club he could work with limited resources...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:33 pm

He does know what to do....

Nothing to worry about with NL he knows what's required and will sort it during the close season, the question is though is can he bring in enough quality to improve us enough to enable a top 6 challenge - as we need 4 or 5 better players not 2 or 3 which is a very big ask and I think it may be the season after the next before we are ready for a promotion challenge.

He knows now which players he can rely on and which he can't, the reason we keep conceding late goals is that we have too many mentally 'weak as piss' players. He needs to build 'a' team spirit and bring players in 'who will physically' run through a brick wall' for the team, players with character - Bannan & Le Fondre have that mentality, they work there socks off but sadly the majority of the rest on display today do not OR perhaps are simply just not good enough at this level and we / I expect too much of them.

I'll say it again as its well deserved Bannan was fcuking class today - simply outstanding IMO

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:37 pm

He tried 3 at the back and we started conceding 4 at a go. He's clearly determined to do this and I guess trained to this for a good few weeks. But it needs 3 steady centre halves AND two capable wing backs. We MAY have the makings of the three, but we sure don't have the wing backs.

It's almost cruel to play Feeney there. I honestly think he tries but that's not what he is.

The final games are chances to try some things put and may be make or break for some players.

McGinley on the wireless was insistent that there were some investors prowling. That could be important in keeping Lenin here I think.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".