Boltons next top striker?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: Boltons next top striker?

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:35 am

SonsOfThunder wrote:I remember reading this but I don't know if it was posted here: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... -star-park" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMGt-i2-7ow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's a bit overly dramatic, but it shows the kind of game he has.

Currently 10th on the goal scorers table for Ligue 1, after some injuries earlier in the season and playing on an abysmal Monaco squad that is probably headed for relegation.
He's another FC Seoul product (played with LCY for several years before moving to Monaco) He likes to play on the shoulder of the last defender and has bags of pace/acceleration once the through ball is played. He's also known for his leaping/heading ability and is the direct FK taker for the Korean team.

good player
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:40 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:James McFadden?
Getta McGrippen.
:laugh: :pray:

I'm not worthy of that one and I apologise for suggesting him.
Pfffft.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:53 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Lest we forget, while we are hearing lots of views on Wigans 'shite' there were a good few on here who wanted to buy Moses for more than we'll get for al Habsi
I thought the general consensus was we didn't stand a chance because he was going to Real Madrid?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

kt22cliffjumper
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kt22cliffjumper » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:38 am

He's a similar type of forward as Sturridge, got some pace to get behind defenders and maybe little less selfish than Daniel and will pass to an open teammate.

Problem with him is first, he has the mandatory military service issue. Basically he has to serve in the Korean military for like 1 1/2 years before age X - I don't remember what that exact age is but I think it's coming up soon. This could be the reason why Monaco is not in such a hurry to sign him. Second, I don't think he would come cheap, certainly not CYL cheap.
SonsOfThunder wrote:I remember reading this but I don't know if it was posted here: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... -star-park" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMGt-i2-7ow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's a bit overly dramatic, but it shows the kind of game he has.

Currently 10th on the goal scorers table for Ligue 1, after some injuries earlier in the season and playing on an abysmal Monaco squad that is probably headed for relegation.
He's another FC Seoul product (played with LCY for several years before moving to Monaco) He likes to play on the shoulder of the last defender and has bags of pace/acceleration once the through ball is played. He's also known for his leaping/heading ability and is the direct FK taker for the Korean team.

kt22cliffjumper
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by kt22cliffjumper » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:43 am

How about Jozy Altidore? This guy should come cheap. He's got some pace and size. Not a polished player but still young and maybe Owen Coyle can work some magic.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:46 am

If we are talking next striker, given we maybe need two, there are no real outstanding or even optimistic shouts. I'd quite happily have yon Bothroyd on a no risk free. Better, and more suitable style wise, than half the shite suggested on here. DJ fecking Campbell. Christ.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:27 am

Park, 25, has informed Monaco that he wants to test himself in the Premier League next season and is ready to join Bolton after turning down Fulham on two previous occasions because he wanted to move to a more prestigious club.
:D

If we do sign him I hope we're selling shirts in South Korea.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

meehan95
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by meehan95 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:09 pm

kt22cliffjumper wrote:How about Jozy Altidore? This guy should come cheap. He's got some pace and size. Not a polished player but still young and maybe Owen Coyle can work some magic.

he would be a great addition

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:57 pm

next top striker???

COHEN!!!!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:02 pm

We've got feck all chance of keeping sturridge haven't we!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:20 pm

officer_dibble wrote:We've got feck all chance of keeping sturridge haven't we!
I think we may keep him for a further season. I bloody=well hope so. But, even IF Chelsea were willing to sell him .... and IF we could afford the fee & wages etc .... and IF he was willing to leave Chelsea .... his performnces are such that there would be serious competition for that signature.

Mind you, I never dreamt we'd get Anelka to sign !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:14 pm

kt22cliffjumper wrote:How about Jozy Altidore? This guy should come cheap. He's got some pace and size. Not a polished player but still young and maybe Owen Coyle can work some magic.
Remind me how he did at Hull City
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:42 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Remind me how he did at Hull City
Well said! A massive resounding NO from me on Altidore. Pace and size.....you mean like Carlton Cole? No thank you.
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Who is shit-hot on Football Manager or FIFA at the moment?

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:45 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Who is shit-hot on Football Manager or FIFA at the moment?
Me! Oh right...hang on...
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:47 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Who is shit-hot on Football Manager or FIFA at the moment?
Kennedy Bakircioglü

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Does FM still do that there where after so many seasons it starts to "recycle" first and last names.

So you end up with "Wayne Djorkaeff" or such like?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Does FM still do that there where after so many seasons it starts to "recycle" first and last names.

When you start the game, it has the 'hidden' database of players 14 yrs and above in the academy that start to filter through at the end of each season (usually at 18 or 19, depending on the pre-set reputations and abilities) Once you go past that (18 seasons????!!!!) I'd imagine it would have to do the "Recycling" you speak of..

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Does FM still do that there where after so many seasons it starts to "recycle" first and last names.

I never played it for that long I kept restarting it after a few years to maintain some realism... sounds funny though!

Dave Jaaskelainen, Jay Jay Wheater!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:22 pm

P.O.S. wrote:

I never played it for that long I kept restarting it after a few years to maintain some realism... sounds funny though!

Dave Jaaskelainen, Jay Jay Wheater!
IIRC (it's a while ago) they were country-specific. So you might get a Zinedine Djorkaeff or a Wayne Gascoigne.