Wiggin game

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wiggin game

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:36 pm

We know who to blame if you're not.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:38 pm

Owen'sEleven wrote:Damn and blast! I'm excited again! How does this happen? Every time, I pay my money, get my ticket, and feel excited. About going to Wigan.

Can't fight the feeling though; I'm definitely looking forward to it. Not seen a goal in the games I've been to so far, so hoping to break that particular duck. We can be pretty sure of conceding, so I'll stick my neck out and say 2-1 to Bolton.

Hope I'm right.
Excited about going to Wigan?

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:23 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Owen'sEleven wrote:Damn and blast! I'm excited again! How does this happen? Every time, I pay my money, get my ticket, and feel excited. About going to Wigan.

Can't fight the feeling though; I'm definitely looking forward to it. Not seen a goal in the games I've been to so far, so hoping to break that particular duck. We can be pretty sure of conceding, so I'll stick my neck out and say 2-1 to Bolton.

Hope I'm right.
Yep. Strange, isn't it.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:31 pm

Owen'sEleven wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:

Hope I'm right.
Yep. Strange, isn't it.
I don't think I've ever been excited about going to Wigan in my life

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:53 pm

BWFC_Wyles wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:Kakuta hasn't played in the PL for us. I don't see him starting a game before making some sub appearances.

Surely Coyle has seen enough this season to know that starting KD is not wise given a full complement to choose from. 4-5-1- away please.
I think 4-5-1 against this lot is the wrong message to send out. We want to go at them, all guns blazing, from the 1st minute. Attack. That'll scare the sh*t out of them and get our fans outsinging theirs
Not really - we need to set up better to protect our beleaguered defence and we are more than capable of attacking with a 4-5-1. In a straw clutchingly way I think our best football has been played this season when we move the ball around on the ground, with feet. Much better than lump it in the air to KD to give it away.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Owen'sEleven wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:

Hope I'm right.
Yep. Strange, isn't it.
It certainly is, but, each to their own.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:18 am

I dont think I've ever missed an away game at wigan before!? But this season it hasn't even crossed my mind! Need to find my mojo again

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:58 am

General Mannerheim wrote:I dont think I've ever missed an away game at wigan before!? But this season it hasn't even crossed my mind! Need to find my mojo again
Go and pay on the day my man
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:34 am

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/th ... the-season" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LiOC looks ahead whilst stifling a yawn...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:46 am

This is an absolutely massive, potentially season defining game. How anyone can be "bored" by it is beyond me.

Either our players and manager stand up and show that they can deliver what we as fans most definitely deserve after months of ineptness and misery since Stoke, or they crumble once again and show that they are spinless, clueless and hapless irrespective of the opposition.

Wigan aren't very good. We have an awful lot to prove.

Way I see it is if we can't go there and win, and win well, then the players and manager can't hide behind excuses and will have to face up to their failings and address them very very quickly.

Of course one result rarely defines a season, but I feel there is a lot riding on this.

Given the past 7 months or so, should we crumble and put a pathetic performance in, then the management and team will start to get a rocky ride from supporters who are right on the edge!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:59 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:This is an absolutely massive, potentially season defining game. How anyone can be "bored" by it is beyond me.

Either our players and manager stand up and show that they can deliver what we as fans most definitely deserve after months of ineptness and misery since Stoke, or they crumble once again and show that they are spinless, clueless and hapless irrespective of the opposition.

Way I see it is if we can't go there and win, and win well, then the players and manager can't hide behind excuses and will have to face up to their failings and address them very very quickly.

Of course one result rarely defines a season, but I feel there is a lot riding on this.

Given the past 7 months or so, should we crumble and put a pathetic performance in, then the management and team will start to get a rocky ride from supporters who are right on the edge!
Great motivational post.
This bit though...
We aren't very good either. Some might say we're even worse than them. The elephant in the room.
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:07 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:This is an absolutely massive, potentially season defining game. How anyone can be "bored" by it is beyond me.

Great motivational post.
This bit though...
We aren't very good either. Some might say we're even worse than them. The elephant in the room.
That's true but what I mean is the argument put forward here and by players and management has been 'look at who we've played'. To an extent that's fine. But they have got to prove tomorrow that we are better than the teams we will need to be to surive let alone owt else. Wigan are definitely one of those!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:08 am

CrazyHorse wrote: Great motivational post.
This bit though...

yay!! bring back the elephants!!! :pissed:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:10 am

boltonboris wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:I dont think I've ever missed an away game at wigan before!? But this season it hasn't even crossed my mind! Need to find my mojo again
Go and pay on the day my man
i think i will. its amazing how the urge creeps back in the closer you get to gameday!

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:13 am

Ive decided Im bricking it. Only a high-noon start in Horwich can sort this out

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:01 pm

I couldn't care less about winning 'well'

I'd take a 1-0 win from an own goal, with them hitting the post 43 times...
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:09 pm

Jussi, Steinsson, Cahill, Knight, Robbo, Muamba, NRC, Eagles, Petrov, M Davies, NGog for me, I think.

Leaves us exposed down the left, I know. Hopefully one of NRC/Muamba would be able to help out. M Davies the only tricky call - but I'd rather have an attack minded midfielder who can run with the ball on the field than an out of position striker/a slower striker.

SKD from the bench after 60 mins if we aren't ahead.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:03 pm

Just win. Three points any old which way. Be a nice one to do a complete reversal of form and knock six in. Then again, one will do if it wins us the game. COME ON YOU WHITES.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:07 pm

boltonboris wrote:I couldn't care less about winning 'well'

So will I, but the players do need to put on a performance to restore some belief and trust!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:I couldn't care less about winning 'well'

So will I, but the players do need to put on a performance to restore some belief and trust!

1. points
2. clean sheet!
3. goals for
4. performance
5. number of fans that went
6. place on MOTD