wba at home

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: wba at home

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 05, 2012 9:01 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:No NRC=No points
That's a bit daft - IMO he's not that good
You're right. Vela and Mark Davies are better and will comfortably dominate against West Broms midfield........
:hang:

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Sat May 05, 2012 9:05 am

Just woke up and have that sickly and butterfly feeling in the stomach. The games not even today.

Bloody shitting it

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 05, 2012 9:08 am

so...

'cording to BWFCi..

Coyle is the only man for the Bolton job

NRC is the only difference between us getting points and not

oh - and having Pratley means we won't really miss Holden

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 05, 2012 9:13 am

thebish wrote:so...

'cording to BWFCi..

Nice misquoting there, not like you......oh

Can you honestly see Vela and Mark Davies, being anywhere near enough in midfield against West Brom?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat May 05, 2012 9:15 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
You're right. Vela and Mark Davies are better and will comfortably dominate against West Broms midfield........
Hold on BWFCI there's no need for the sarcasm - I agree that it makes the task a lot harder but to say no NRC = No points is a daft statement to make IMO

This should force clueless into playing a 5 man midfield if NRC is out - He could play Ream just in front of the back 4 in a central 3 with Vela & M Davies, pushing M Davies further forward, who knows Vela may have a blinder !

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 05, 2012 9:15 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

'cording to BWFCi..

Can you honestly see Vela and Mark Davies, being anywhere near enough in midfield against West Brom?
err.. not quite the point - not like you to miss it (or change your point as you go along).... oh!

the point you made was without NRC there is no chance of any points.

well - I think there still is a chance.

BTW did you NOT say that having Pratley means we won't really miss Holden??

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 05, 2012 9:22 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

'cording to BWFCi..

err.. not quite the point - not like you to miss it (or change your point as you go along).... oh!

the point you made was without NRC there is no chance of any points.

well - I think there still is a chance.

BTW did you NOT say that having Pratley means we won't really miss Holden??
Well clearly I was talking about the current situation not inferring that NRC was some kind of genius, but that without him now we don't have a proper grown up midfield player and we've struggled enough in there as it is.

PT - 5 in midfield? We can barely name 2. Ream is not a midfield player and looks lost when playing there, and would you really want Knight back in?

And as for your other point Bish I said with all our additions in midfield we shouldnt miss Holden so much. And we haven't, if we'd not added NRC we'd have missed Holden a hella lot more. I didn't realise how tactically inept our manager truly was though and how much Holden et al had covered that up.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 05, 2012 9:26 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Well clearly I was talking about the current situation not inferring that NRC was some kind of genius,
indeed - that's why I put "is" - the present tense - I didn't claim you said he was a genius - I just think it is daft for you to claim that his absence would make a defeat to west brom a certainty. it's a possibility - but not a certainty.
BWFC_Insane wrote: And as for your other point Bish I said with all our additions in midfield we shouldnt miss Holden so much.
no - actually, you didn't.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat May 05, 2012 9:36 am

BWFC_Insane wrote: PT - 5 in midfield? We can barely name 2. Ream is not a midfield player and looks lost when playing there, and would you really want Knight back in?
I never said that Ream was a midfield player

I said that clueless could play him as a defensive midfielder - regardless of who's available without NRC he needs to play a midfield 5 or at least a central midfield 3 - and as much as I don't rate Knight I think he'd come in and do a job on Sunday or if not move Ricketts across and bring Alonso in.

Its not ideal but he does have 1 or 2 options - for me Sunday is about 11 players being fired up, showing bottle & fight and for once playing at a high tempo for 90 mins, getting in the faces of WBA, closing them down and not allowing them to play.

They are a decent side but they are not a Spurs - with a good energetic, high temp performance we could win this regardless of whether NRC plays or not.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 05, 2012 9:49 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
They are a decent side but they are not a Spurs - with a good energetic, high temp performance we could win this regardless of whether NRC plays or not.
careful PT - BWFCi will have you relegated to the starry-eyed rose-tint clueless optimists league! :wink:

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat May 05, 2012 9:57 am

thebish wrote:careful PT - BWFCi will have you relegated to the starry-eyed rose-tint clueless optimists league! :wink:
Never - once a doom monger always a doom monger :D

I normally agree with BWFCI, I think most of the points he makes are spot on - I just thought the No NRC = No points was a daft statement to make although I understand where he's coming from.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 05, 2012 10:24 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
thebish wrote:careful PT - BWFCi will have you relegated to the starry-eyed rose-tint clueless optimists league! :wink:
Never - once a doom monger always a doom monger :D

I normally agree with BWFCI, I think most of the points he makes are spot on - I just thought the No NRC = No points was a daft statement to make although I understand where he's coming from.

nahhh - you're in the rose-tinters club now!! damaged goods!! BWFCi will never have you back! 8)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 05, 2012 11:21 am

thebish wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
careful PT - BWFCi will have you relegated to the starry-eyed rose-tint clueless optimists league! :wink:
:lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 05, 2012 11:49 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Hold on BWFCI there's no need for the sarcasm - I agree that it makes the task a lot harder but to say no NRC = No points is a daft statement to make IMO

This should force clueless into playing a 5 man midfield if NRC is out - He could play Ream just in front of the back 4 in a central 3 with Vela & M Davies, pushing M Davies further forward, who knows Vela may have a blinder !
Hang on surely you are not thinking of putting Knightmare in for a game of such importance :mrgreen: ??

I'd think myself I'd try;

------------Bogdan-----------
Steiner-Rickets-Wheater-Alonso
-------------Ream------------
Eagles--Mavies--Vela--Petrov--
---------Ngog or Sordell-------

Ream would sure as hell have his work cut out but it will give a degree of a solid defence with the ability to attack swiftly and lets face it we need to win this one, it's shit or burst time.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat May 05, 2012 12:00 pm

NRC being injured would be a massive blow. However, it might (as PT notes) prompt OC into playing five in midfield. I'd say the likeliest line-up would be Eagles in front of Mavies & Vela. Then he could play Ryo wide right before a crowd-pleasing cameo from Chungy... Or, if he's confident in LCY's fitness, start him and bring on Ryo for pace later.

Even though needs sometimes must, I think he'd be loathe to split up Ream and Wheater - undoubtedly his centre-back pairing for the future. I'm intrigued as to the possibility of playing Ricketts in defensive midfield - he has the positional awareness and two-footed ness to excel there - but it would be a big call in such a huge game.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sat May 05, 2012 12:03 pm

Not surprised Reo-Coker is carrying an injury, he's played almost every minute of this season, I guess it's a case of our long injury list causing further injuries! He'll be a massive loss if he doesn't play imo. How long has Pratley had this virus now?!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 05, 2012 12:06 pm

Beefheart wrote:Not surprised Reo-Coker is carrying an injury, he's played almost every minute of this season, I guess it's a case of our long injury list causing further injuries! He'll be a massive loss if he doesn't play imo. How long has Pratley had this virus now?!

about as long as tuncay has had this tonsilitis!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:NRC being injured would be a massive blow. However, it might (as PT notes) prompt OC into playing five in midfield. I'd say the likeliest line-up would be Eagles in front of Mavies & Vela. Then he could play Ryo wide right before a crowd-pleasing cameo from Chungy... Or, if he's confident in LCY's fitness, start him and bring on Ryo for pace later.

Even though needs sometimes must, I think he'd be loathe to split up Ream and Wheater - undoubtedly his centre-back pairing for the future. I'm intrigued as to the possibility of playing Ricketts in defensive midfield - he has the positional awareness and two-footed ness to excel there - but it would be a big call in such a huge game.

it says summat that with the squad pared to the bone - Tuncay isn't even mentioned...

not - I hasten to add - because DSB has forgotten about him - but because of puzzlement as to where he actually is supposed to fit in...

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sat May 05, 2012 12:21 pm

i know he wasn't on for long but i was quite impressed with Vela - looked busy, nice range of playing short and ( the only mf to do so this season) long passing. went to search for possession rather than standing still.
hope he plays against WBA.

doesn't mean we'll win though
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 05, 2012 12:22 pm

thebish wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:NRC being injured would be a massive blow. However, it might (as PT notes) prompt OC into playing five in midfield. I'd say the likeliest line-up would be Eagles in front of Mavies & Vela. Then he could play Ryo wide right before a crowd-pleasing cameo from Chungy... Or, if he's confident in LCY's fitness, start him and bring on Ryo for pace later.

it says summat that with the squad pared to the bone - Tuncay isn't even mentioned...

not - I hasten to add - because DSB has forgotten about him - but because of puzzlement as to where he actually is...
cLEARED THAT UP FOR YOU BISH