an old burnley topic

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Re: a old burnley topic

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:44 pm

do you dislike me true white. oh and which one is invisible
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:46 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:i feel that from my own knowlege
So, apropos of absolutely feck all then!
May the bridges I burn light your way

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:48 pm

thats unfair are you implying i have absolutly no knowledge of anything to do with beni afobe at all despite having seen him play on saturday
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:54 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:thats unfair are you implying i have absolutly no knowledge of anything to do with beni afobe at all despite having seen him play on saturday
what for 20 mins orso
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:55 pm

Imply? Imply?
May the bridges I burn light your way

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:18 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:do you dislike me true white. oh and which one is invisible
The bullshit is seeing him play in pre-season, and for 20 minutes vs Burnley, and thinking he's a world-beater. When in actual fact, you've probably seen Sordell about as much, so making a snap judgement on Sordell being shite and Afobe being the saviour is amateurish at best.

The invisible bullshit is taking what your mates say as reason to make that exact same bullshit judgement. It's invisible because it's intangible, it's stuff you haven't seen with your own eyes, it's stuff you've heard and you choose to believe.

As to your first question, I decline to answer.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:41 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:thats unfair are you implying i have absolutly no knowledge of anything to do with beni afobe at all despite having seen him play on saturday
:lol:

Nice.

I love how people, like the poster above, take Dan too seriously.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:12 am

I think he's on the wind up
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:13 am

no seriously im not

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:49 am

david ngog still injured

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:00 pm

So Davo to start again then?
Businesswoman of the year.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:05 pm

well SKD dosent think he will start himself and has said earlier there will be changes to the team for tonight. apparently afobe is pushing for a start as is mills, wouldnt be surprised if afobe and a youngster like eaves or o"halloran started alternativly maybe he will play 5 in midfield and just afobe up front.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:09 pm

I think it'll be a 4-3-3 with Lee and Eagles either side of Afobe.

Pratley, Davies and Andrews in the middle.. They can all babysit each other in there. While Pratley tries his hardest to get near to the front man every now and again, but to no avail.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:10 pm

ye that would make sense as well

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:26 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:So Davo to start again then?
N'gog, for all his hype, has been a disappointment so far for me. How many full games has he played since we signed him? We need one of our strikers to step up, become a force and start scoring and become an automatic choice as front man. One real plus with KD, faults regardless, is he never cries off with injury. Afobe-one-kanobe is a loanee and we need Sordell or N'gog to start making their presence felt up front if we're going to build a permanent team.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:30 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
N'gog, for all his hype, has been a disappointment so far for me. How many full games has he played since we signed him? We need one of our strikers to step up, become a force and start scoring and become an automatic choice as front man. One real plus with KD, faults regardless, is he never cries off with injury. Afobe-one-kanobe is a loanee and we need Sordell or N'gog to start making their presence felt up front if we're going to build a permanent team.
If only he'd cried off on Saturday........ :wink:

We should play Sordell up with Eagles behind and use Afobe as the sub if we go 2 up or need to take Sordell off.

IF we HAVE to play 2 up, Sordell and Afobe, no question offers the best option as it stands.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Which might be a relevant comment if he were the only one who played badly. Like we'd have won if he hadn't played? We've become a slow, defence-minded side with a jittery midfield and too much going square and backwards. Burnley attacked us constantly but I'm struggling to remember too much of us doing the same in comparison. Find solutions, not victims.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Which might be a relevant comment if he were the only one who played badly. Like we'd have won if he hadn't played? We've become a slow, defence-minded side with a jittery midfield and too much going square and backwards. Burnley attacked us constantly but I'm struggling to remember too much of us doing the same in comparison. Find solutions, not victims.
KD's complete lack of movement on Saturday though was one of the major problems TD. Sordell was asked to do the drop back into midfield and work job. Davies proceeded to stand up front and back into centre backs, rather than offer an out.

When Afobe came on he dropped a few yards off to pick the ball up, spun, passed across the ground and brought the wide men into play.

As I say the two or three times Davies got the ball into feet, he tried to dink it round the corner and gave it away, passed it straight back to them, and thirdly passed it straight into touch.

Afobe didn't stand on his centre back, he moved them around, ran the channels and looked like he at least wanted to GIVE an option. By no means is he a perfect answer, or at this stage a particularly good player. But he had the sense to think that backing into your centre half for the thirty minutes he was on, was not the way forwards.

If KD is to play and be effective as it stands, he has to offer movement, and link up the play, and stretch the defence down the sides.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Defence minded????!!!!! When did that happen? :D

Davo was poor at the few things he should have done at weekend. Nothing to do with him missing 5 sitters or owt. That said, you could make a case for dropping 8 or 9 of Saturday's team on that performance, only one of 'em being Davo.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

We should play Sordell up with Eagles behind and use Afobe as the sub if we go 2 up or need to take Sordell off.

IF we HAVE to play 2 up, Sordell and Afobe, no question offers the best option as it stands.
sordell is average at best afobe is the only player in are squad who can become a true goalscorer and i think he is an excellent player, ngog is very good due to his pace and although cant score i think is one opf the teams biggest unsung heroes, SKD is still actully quite good although he is not the striker we once had