Burnley vs Bolton

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Burnley vs Bolton

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Chrisfu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Chrisfu wrote:Yep, with English commentary on Al Jazeera (JSC) Sport +3. Most pubs that have a dish pointed at 13e will have it (the cards are only like £70 for 12 months). Streams will be all over the place.

If you have an unused dish on your house, you can do much worse than get a cheap receiver and the aforementioned card. Lots of Npower Championship matches to be seen on there. If you have such things you create your own streams for friends and family too...
Or....if you live in the NW get down the Reebok and cheer the lads on live. Less faffing, and far more satisfying/soul destroying in equal measure! :mrgreen:
Had a season ticket for 20 years up until a couple of seasons ago, so I know full well the benefits of getting one. Unfortunately, two kids in quick succession means that for a few seasons, season ticket/parking/concourse/petrol is out of my reach. Next year should see my return to the realms of regular attendance, thank fook.
Wasn't having a pop, just putting the "live" case across.

I've enjoyed the odd stream of away games last season as I can no longer do every away game as I used to!

Think we'll struggle for streams this season sometimes though. Especially if the "crackdown" extends to the football league....

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Too many legal hurdles for the crackdown, I reckon.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:Allocation now sold out according to Twitter.
It is - I rang this morning.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Chrisfu
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Chrisfu » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Chrisfu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Chrisfu wrote:Yep, with English commentary on Al Jazeera (JSC) Sport +3. Most pubs that have a dish pointed at 13e will have it (the cards are only like £70 for 12 months). Streams will be all over the place.

If you have an unused dish on your house, you can do much worse than get a cheap receiver and the aforementioned card. Lots of Npower Championship matches to be seen on there. If you have such things you create your own streams for friends and family too...
Or....if you live in the NW get down the Reebok and cheer the lads on live. Less faffing, and far more satisfying/soul destroying in equal measure! :mrgreen:
Had a season ticket for 20 years up until a couple of seasons ago, so I know full well the benefits of getting one. Unfortunately, two kids in quick succession means that for a few seasons, season ticket/parking/concourse/petrol is out of my reach. Next year should see my return to the realms of regular attendance, thank fook.
Wasn't having a pop, just putting the "live" case across.

I've enjoyed the odd stream of away games last season as I can no longer do every away game as I used to!

Think we'll struggle for streams this season sometimes though. Especially if the "crackdown" extends to the football league....
No worries. Sorry if my reply came across as overly defensive, just had my fill of people suggesting that watching streams makes you some sort of colossal bell, even after a couple of decades attending every home match. :)

I have a feeling I'll be able to pull in most of the matches. In fact, I think it'll be easier than the latter half of last season in the Premiership. The PL decreed mid-way though that each sat provider could only show one 3pm kickoff each; most selected the "biggest" match in terms of names, leaving absolutely no one showing some of them. This only extended to Europe, but alas the Americas and Asia sometimes show the matches delayed. No such problem in the Championship, and down here we're somewhat of a name. Quietly optimistic.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Well, the Daily Mail reckons it's us and the Foxes for automatic promotion

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Did you know..........................?

That the supporters of Burnley still, to this day, call John McGinlay 'Cheating John McGinlay' all because he didn't give them the ball back after they'd kicked it out for us once?

Sooooooo bitter. :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:44 pm

What was the animal called who finished (effectiveley) simon colemans career? a far worse offence!

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Did you know..........................?

That the supporters of Burnley still, to this day, call John McGinlay 'Cheating John McGinlay' all because he didn't give them the ball back after they'd kicked it out for us once?

Sooooooo bitter. :lol:
I was at Nelson vs Atherton LR the other week and got talking to an old bloke in a Burnley top and his face went redder at the mention of Super John than it did Coyle, Eagles or Mears! Not sure I can put in to print what he described Tal Ben Haim as, mind.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:04 pm

It's now 2pm Friday and my stomach is already starting to churn. By 2.59pm tomorrow, I'll be a mess, only relieved by a whistle. I can't remember such uncertainty about a match for years :?
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:It's now 2pm Friday and my stomach is already starting to churn. By 2.59pm tomorrow, I'll be a mess, only relieved by a whistle. I can't remember such uncertainty about a match for years :?
Its a bit like going into the unknown isn't it? And we haven't had that in 11 years, so a relatively unusual feeling.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:24 pm

There's a family do on tomorrow, so I won't have any direct access to the game - radio, tv or whatnot. I will, however, be checking the scores every 5 minutes on my phone.

Genuinely looking forward to this. I'm always buzzing when a new season comes around, but there's something about this season that's increased the feeling tenfold. Maybe it's the prospect that we could actually win some silverware this time!!

JoshBWFC26
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JoshBWFC26 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Looking forward tomorrow. Getting to the Reebok early to make sure I don't miss my coach.

On the team selection side of things, I hope he doesn't go for Vela as he is an absolute wanker! I would like something along these lines.

Bogdan
Alonso Mills Knight Mears
Petrov Davies Andrews LCY
Eagles
Sordell

Alonso has been one of our best players in a piss poor pre season.

But I imagine Coyle will go for N'gog/KD up top which is stupid. I seriously hope we get rid of N'gog 3 goals a season is not good enough.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:39 pm

have been taught you're left and right yet?

scotty
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scotty » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:48 pm

JoshBWFC26 wrote: I hope he doesn't go for Vela as he is an absolute wanker!
Why??

Back up that statement if you're going to make derogatory comments about people.
Who's that coming up the hill boys,
The Wanderers are coming up the hill boys,
They all laugh at us, they all mock at us,
They all say our days are numbered,

Born to be a Wanderer, victorious are we....

JoshBWFC26
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JoshBWFC26 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:50 pm

scotty wrote:
Why??

Back up that statement if you're going to make derogatory statements about people.
Have you seen the screenshots of him slagging off Bolton fans on facebook just for saying he isn't ready for the first team yet?

Take a look and you would agree with me.

Telling one of our fans (an ex solider) that he is going to get his dad to beat him up lol.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:53 pm

officer_dibble wrote:What was the animal called who finished (effectiveley) simon colemans career? a far worse offence!
that were derby.

nicky spooner got effed at burnley.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:01 pm

JoshBWFC26 wrote:
scotty wrote:
Why??

Back up that statement if you're going to make derogatory statements about people.
Have you seen the screenshots of him slagging off Bolton fans on facebook just for saying he isn't ready for the first team yet?

Telling one of our fans (an ex solider) that he is going to get his dad to beat him up lol.
So he's a wanker for thinking he's ready to go ahead and do the job he's paid (handsomely) for and disagreeing with those who don't??

JoshBWFC26
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JoshBWFC26 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:06 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:
JoshBWFC26 wrote:
scotty wrote:
Why??

So he's a wanker for thinking he's ready to go ahead and do the job he's paid (handsomely) for and disagreeing with those who don't??
If he was disagreeing he could have just said "I think I am ready to play in the first team" he didn't have to start saying "I'll get my dad to beat you up when I see you" and he also made derogatory statements about this guy. You really can't understand without seeing what he sent. Then when the other guy made it clear he has took pictures of the messages he backtracks and tries to get out of it because he knows he looks like an idiot. He acts like a 2 year old child.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Anyway for what it's worth...I think we'll go...

------------ Bogdan-------------
Mears---Knight---Mills--- Ricketts
---------------------------------
Lee---Davies---Andrews--- Petrov
---------------------------------
------- Eagles-------------------
------------Ngog----------------

Maybe Sordell up front in a 2 when Eagles wears himself thin but for the first 60 we'll need his work ethic and he'll definitely have a point to prove. I can see him having a stormer tomorrow if all goes right.

edit; On paper that central midfield really does look light!

JoshBWFC26
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by JoshBWFC26 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:13 pm

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 3241_n.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 2753_n.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6634_n.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here they are. Take a look tell me what you think.