The Macron Stadium

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: The Macron Stadium

Post by Andy Waller » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:52 am

bobo the clown wrote:
YtarmyYtarmy wrote:It could always be worse

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... trance.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do people shuffle along that entrance ?

I don't know, but that programme seller looks like she can take four fingers...

(sorry)
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:44 am

Apology accepted (snigger).

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:16 pm

Dr.Karl wrote:does the mooted £400k figure make much difference? Rather have a name of the stadium that I'm not embarrassed of.
You're not the first to say that. So, post-QuickQuid, start a campaign. Suggest that every one of the (eg) 10,000 ST holders will pay an extra £40 each per year and we'll call it the Reebok, New Burnden, Lofthouse Way or some other name to be decided by a poll of ST holders.

I mean, everybody would back their opinions with cash, right?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Dr.Karl wrote:does the mooted £400k figure make much difference? Rather have a name of the stadium that I'm not embarrassed of.
You're not the first to say that. So, post-QuickQuid, start a campaign. Suggest that every one of the (eg) 10,000 ST holders will pay an extra £40 each per year and we'll call it the Reebok, New Burnden, Lofthouse Way or some other name to be decided by a poll of ST holders.

I mean, everybody would back their opinions with cash, right?
Wanna bet on that?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:35 pm

It'll be what it'll be now. Everything starts some where. My real interest in names ended with Burnden, but I'm a yesterday man now. On with it. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:41 am

Seems like a decent deal for where we are at the moment. Macron are much more well known in Italy, supplying Napoli (that camo kit is a bit naff mind) and Lazio amongst others, but they've decided to spend some money on us. Fair play to them. I think there's a lot of snobbishness around kit suppliers, the idea that Nike/Adidas/Puma are proper and everything else is crap. It's all the same stuff really just a different logo.

One thing to add though; as their client base isn't as big as other brands, it does mean that we will feature more prominently in their marketing (if they do any) considering the stadium is now named after them.

Question though. What is the actual name of the ground minus the commercial naming rights? Middlebrook Stadium? With it being built as 'The Reebok Stadium' has it ever had a more traditional name in case of no naming rights holder? Bolton Wanderers Football Ground?

I like the suggestions of 'Lofthouse Macron Stadium' or something along those lines. Incorporate the sponsor into a proper name, like F1 teams do with title sponsors.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:13 am

I'd rather keep Lofthouse's name out of it. Otherwise, in 4 years time we could be calling it the Lofthouse Royal Kebab Stadium or something equally depressing. A decent half time kebab might be good though :D

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:14 am

danardif1 wrote:Seems like a decent deal for where we are at the moment. Macron are much more well known in Italy, supplying Napoli (that camo kit is a bit naff mind) and Lazio amongst others, but they've decided to spend some money on us. Fair play to them. I think there's a lot of snobbishness around kit suppliers, the idea that Nike/Adidas/Puma are proper and everything else is crap. It's all the same stuff really just a different logo.

One thing to add though; as their client base isn't as big as other brands, it does mean that we will feature more prominently in their marketing (if they do any) considering the stadium is now named after them.

Question though. What is the actual name of the ground minus the commercial naming rights? Middlebrook Stadium? With it being built as 'The Reebok Stadium' has it ever had a more traditional name in case of no naming rights holder? Bolton Wanderers Football Ground?

I like the suggestions of 'Lofthouse Macron Stadium' or something along those lines. Incorporate the sponsor into a proper name, like F1 teams do with title sponsors.
Middlebrook?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:30 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:A decent half time kebab might be good though :D
I'm struggling to make sense of that. :)

Who gets so drunk by half time?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:41 pm

Enoch wrote:

A proper kebab is a wonderful thing. Not yer 2am pitta with a pound of cabbage and onion.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:42 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Enoch wrote:

A proper kebab is a wonderful thing. Not yer 2am pitta with a pound of cabbage and onion.
Note, I resisted the obvious "the football is that dire" comment :P

Dougie out.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:44 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Enoch wrote:

Note, I resisted the obvious "the football is that dire" comment :P

Dougie out.
I'm not gonna set 'em up, if you refuse to knock 'em down!!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:51 pm

Enoch wrote: I'm not gonna set 'em up, if you refuse to knock 'em down!!
Me out :mrgreen:

...and Dougie

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:03 pm

danardif1 wrote:Question though. What is the actual name of the ground minus the commercial naming rights? Middlebrook Stadium? With it being built as 'The Reebok Stadium' has it ever had a more traditional name in case of no naming rights holder? Bolton Wanderers Football Ground?
"The Theatre of Draws"
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:08 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
danardif1 wrote:Question though. What is the actual name of the ground minus the commercial naming rights? Middlebrook Stadium? With it being built as 'The Reebok Stadium' has it ever had a more traditional name in case of no naming rights holder? Bolton Wanderers Football Ground?
"The Theatre of Draws"
The Macron Mediocritydome.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:02 pm

Enoch wrote:

Usually all the poor bastards watching us play, who didn't manage to get pi$$ed before kick-off.

Holden midfielder
Promising
Promising

Post by Holden midfielder » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:00 pm

We should call it the "Big Mac" and embrace change. I have loved the Adidas kit and am sorry to see them go, our shirts these past two seasons have been top class. I would say Macron popularity wise is pushing for a top four position after Nike, Adidas, and Puma. Toss up between Macron and Errea with Warrior also getting a shout. A mate gave me a Ternana Calcio top and it is of very good quality, not sure about the training gear.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:59 pm

Same here, Addidas clothes have been top quality.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Seamus' good leg
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Seamus' good leg » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:25 pm

Yes sad to see the 3 stripes go (takes me back to my casuals days!). Not convinced about the quality though - the tracksuit that my lad sports could be any old blue adidas trackie with a fabric badge sewn on, rather than a nice embroidered effort - it had a short term/ temporary look to it from the start.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 03, 2014 4:38 pm

will it cost more or less than the sponsorship deal to re-arrange all those seats that spell Reebok against the blue seats to spell Macron?