Where are they now? - Michael Ricketts

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

dodgykipper
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by dodgykipper » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:43 pm

youngmc wrote:I used to live near him at the middlebrook, when he got his England cap we dropped of a card to say well done etc etc .
I asked him a few days later if he got the card, he grunted then fecked off in his porsche, fat fecking wanker could not have happened to a bigger tw*t. :D
You should drop him off a Get Well Soon card now. Looks like he needs it. Think he has some kind of wasting disease.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:33 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:
Verbal wrote:Kinda sad
Yet, at the same time, hilarious.
At what point does it become even mildly amusing? Let alone, hilarious? :conf:
At no point at all... just totally, totally sad to see serious talent wasted... His goals got us promoted and, arguably, kept us in the premiership for that vital first season for the first time... So now we think it ok to sneer :crazy:

I seem to remember the late lamented tripe and trotters doing a goals per game table (counting sub appearances as half) which showed Ricketts on top... have I invented this DSB?

I can't believe the way his career has just shrivelled - we are the only club he could really score for... But he did that, for sure - and I don't want to forget it... With you, Senor Rioja...

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:44 am

Batman wrote:
Muse wrote:
sluffy wrote:Bump!

His career is still spiralling downwards!

The last we heard about the one cap wonder was that he went to Walsall on loan from Oldham.

Well the latest news is that Oldham have now cancelled his contract - which means that the 29 year old now becomes a free agent without a club!!!

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co. ... 66,00.html

What has happened to him? I can't believe he's still only 29. What a waste.

Look at the state of him, he looks like this tramp that knocks around outside the Corn Exchange in Preston smelling of piss
Nah, he has ginger hair. :D
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:22 pm

William the White wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:
At no point at all... just totally, totally sad to see serious talent wasted... His goals got us promoted and, arguably, kept us in the premiership for that vital first season for the first time... So now we think it ok to sneer :crazy:

I seem to remember the late lamented tripe and trotters doing a goals per game table (counting sub appearances as half) which showed Ricketts on top... have I invented this DSB?

I can't believe the way his career has just shrivelled - we are the only club he could really score for... But he did that, for sure - and I don't want to forget it... With you, Senor Rioja...
T'bloke got too big for his boots. I bet he hasn't heard in a while from the agent who swelled his ego to the point where he thought he was above Bolton. I agree that it's sad, not funny, now; must admit I didn't lament his failure at Boro but now he's not a rival it's terrible to witness him plummet.

William, I can't recall a goals-per-game thing in T'n'T - by that time I'd prised my arse out of the editor's chair - sounds like Alan Dodd's Fabian Ratings...

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:27 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
William the White wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:

T'bloke got too big for his boots. I bet he hasn't heard in a while from the agent who swelled his ego to the point where he thought he was above Bolton. I agree that it's sad, not funny, now; must admit I didn't lament his failure at Boro but now he's not a rival it's terrible to witness him plummet.

William, I can't recall a goals-per-game thing in T'n'T - by that time I'd prised my arse out of the editor's chair - sounds like Alan Dodd's Fabian Ratings...
The Fabian Ratings link does not seem to be working for me.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:29 pm

sluffy wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:sounds like Alan Dodd's Fabian Ratings...
Sorry Sluffy, working for me, checked it before posting and just double-checked via the post... I'll print it out and post it to you... :)

Electric Gretar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Electric Gretar » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:34 pm

sluffy wrote:
Sorry Sluffy, working for me, checked it before posting and just double-checked via the post... I'll print it out and post it to you... :)
working for me, very interesting stuff

Ta.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:34 pm

William the White wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:

Gunlaugsson above Ricketts and Djorkaeff?

Scott Green above Frankie Worthy??

Holdsworth above anyone??? :shock:

A clear case of lies, damn lies and statistics! :wink:
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:36 pm

sluffy wrote:
Working ok now thanks.

Must just have been my pc having a funny turn.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:26 pm

Bump!

Striker Ricketts back at Walsall

Walsall have re-signed former England striker Michael Ricketts.

Birmingham-born Ricketts, 29, began his career with the Saddlers before moving to Bolton in 2000 and then to Middlesbrough for £3.5m in 2003.

He returned to Walsall on loan for three months in 2007/08 scoring 5 goals in 16 appearances.

"It's good to be back. This club is really moving forward and I'm delighted to be part of it," Ricketts told the Walsall website.

"It's nice to be coming home. This club means a lot to me and having spent the summer with Anthony Gerrard, he convinced me that we are really going places under Jimmy Mullen."

Ricketts won his only England cap against the Netherlands in February 2002 and was allowed to leave Teesside for Leeds in the summer of 2004.

He then had loan spells with Stoke and Cardiff before signing for Southend in June 2006.

Free transfer moves to Preston and Oldham followed before his second spell at Walsall.

As for the Saddlers' boss Mullen, he is thrilled to have made Ricketts his fifth major signing of the summer.

"I'm delighted to have signed a player of Michael's quality.

"He has proven his ability over the years and, during his loan spell here last season, he proved what he is capable of.

"We'll be looking to get that on a regular basis," Mullen said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 526203.stm

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:42 am

Birmingham-born Ricketts, 29, began his career with the Saddlers before moving to Bolton in 2000 and then to Middlesbrough for £3.5m in 2003.

He returned to Walsall on loan for three months in 2007/08 scoring 5 goals in 16 appearances.

"It's good to be back. This club is really moving forward and I'm delighted to be part of it," Ricketts told the Walsall website.

"It's nice to be coming home. This club means a lot to me and having spent the summer with Anthony Gerrard, he convinced me that we are really going places under Jimmy Mullen."

Ricketts won his only England cap against the Netherlands in February 2002 and was allowed to leave Teesside for Leeds in the summer of 2004.

He then had loan spells with Stoke and Cardiff before signing for Southend in June 2006.

Free transfer moves to Preston and Oldham followed before his second spell at Walsall.

As for the Saddlers' boss Mullen, he is thrilled to have made Ricketts his fifth major signing of the summer.

"He has proven his ability over the years and, during his loan spell here last season, he proved what he is capable of.

lol
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:14 am

Shame. He is a total wanker but was an unbelievable talent!

P.S. HAHAHAHAHA Michael Barrington Ricketts. Brilliant stuff!
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:22 am

sluffy wrote: Image
Is it me or does he look like a black Pvt Gomer Pyle?

Sir, the private's weapon's name is Charlene, sir!

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:28 am

MichaelJohn12 wrote:P.S. HAHAHAHAHA Michael Barrington Ricketts. Brilliant stuff!
Didn't Barrington Belgrave play against us for Yeovil in the cup a few years ago?
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:29 am

Leyther_Matt wrote:
MichaelJohn12 wrote:P.S. HAHAHAHAHA Michael Barrington Ricketts. Brilliant stuff!
Didn't Barrington Belgrave play against us for Yeovil in the cup a few years ago?
Good spot of trivia there Matt! :pray:
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:33 am

PMSL, I love the way they come out with that. He played one frendly and was shit!

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:39 am

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:PMSL, I love the way they come out with that. He played one frendly and was shit!
Wasn't he played hopelessly out of position for 45 minutes and then brought off? Huge waste of talent but all of his own (and his agent's) doing.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:15 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:
sluffy wrote: Image
Is it me or does he look like a black Pvt Gomer Pyle?

Sir, the private's weapon's name is Charlene, sir!
That's ace. If anything Pyle is slimmer though

Ray_Deakin_Maldini_Mk1
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Ray_Deakin_Maldini_Mk1 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:39 pm

bobby5 wrote:

lol
Jimmy Mullen, former Burnley manager says it all really.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:32 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:
Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:PMSL, I love the way they come out with that. He played one frendly and was shit!
Wasn't he played hopelessly out of position for 45 minutes and then brought off? Huge waste of talent but all of his own (and his agent's) doing.
ISTR he was up front in a 4-3-3...