Where are they now? - Michael Ricketts

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:39 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Him and newly-freed Lee Hughes up front. If it works, they won't miss Chris Porter at all. If it doesn't...
Oh God - I'd forgotten about that. You're right. Potentially they could have scored 20 goals each by Xmas but more than likely they'll both be in rehab by then.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

NumptyNumbNuts
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by NumptyNumbNuts » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:39 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I cant believe Oldham have given him a 3 year contract. Its no wonder teams in the lower divisions are skint if they offer him a contract that long after the last 5 seasons he's had. How many goals has he scored since he left us?

£10 says Oldham will be looking for a mutual termination by Xmas :crazy:
I'll have a wager with you on that - I reckon it's last chance saloon for fatty boy at Oldham & he seemed to be getting his act together at Preston. By all accounts he was released due to having a less than positive attitude in the dressing room as opposed to being overweight. So if he gets his noggin right then he should score a panful in div2 or whatever it now is!

I can't really lose cos if he does end up being chucked out again it'll be worth a tenner just to see his career finally end in the gutter where he belongs. :evil:

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:53 pm

Bump - best start saving up Numpty!

Ricketts rejoins Saddlers on loan

Striker Michael Ricketts has rejoined his old club Walsall on a three-month loan from League One rivals Oldham.
The 28-year-old came through the ranks for the Saddlers and made 90 first-team appearances, scoring 15 goals.

Ricketts left in 2000 to join Bolton Wanderers and moved to Middlesbrough two years later.

He has since appeared for Leeds United, Stoke City, Cardiff, Burnley, Southend and Preston before agreeing to go back to his roots in the West Midlands.

Ricketts has scored two goals in 12 appearances with Oldham this season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 074795.stm

The gossip on ww is that Ricketts was playing well at Oldham and even won the Man of the Match at the weekend but was suddenly dropped for the midweek match and now he finds himself out. Attidude problem persisting perhaps?

A big thank you to DSB for updating me on the still only 28 year old, one cap wonder.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:58 pm

sluffy wrote:the still only 28 year old, one cap wonder.
And that is surely the saddest bit!
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:19 pm

Aye, sad decline. :?
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:20 pm

said it before
say it again

what a fat waster

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:49 pm

No problem, Sluffy. I know Ricketts came through the yout' ranks at Walsall but 15 in 90 isn't exactly a startling ratio - one in six, according to my toes. He also only scored two after February in his last season. Kudos then to the scout who noticed his potential, and Allardyce for bringing it out of him. Let's hope summat similar happens again for us soon.

aucklandbwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by aucklandbwfc » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:47 am

why cant he re gain his previous best...? he's only 28 and did well for us for 2 years which should say he had ability as well as potential to get better...

is it management? or him..

i saw him and nolan in the ten pin bowlin place down at the reebok about 6 years ago after a game, i was with the ex missus, and after what was a dissapointin game that day thought id show the lads how to hit the back of the net on the elctronic game where u actually kick the ball attached to the string.

me missus scored, i missed, pulled a muscle in me leg in the process, and to cap it off had ricketts and nolan laughin at my performance. not long after the missus dumped m for some guy from bristol she met at uni. it was a bad year.

however i did have a minor laugh - as rickets had bog roll stuck to his flashy shoes. fat waster.
"Manny Road...give us a song, manny road, manny road....give us a song"

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:31 am

it's been a while since i said this (it was nov last)

what a f ucking fat bastard he is.

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:01 am

Bump!

His career is still spiralling downwards!

The last we heard about the one cap wonder was that he went to Walsall on loan from Oldham.

Well the latest news is that Oldham have now cancelled his contract - which means that the 29 year old now becomes a free agent without a club!!!

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co. ... 66,00.html

Muse
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Muse » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:30 am

sluffy wrote:Bump!

The last we heard about the one cap wonder was that he went to Walsall on loan from Oldham.

Well the latest news is that Oldham have now cancelled his contract - which means that the 29 year old now becomes a free agent without a club!!!

What has happened to him? I can't believe he's still only 29. What a waste.

SuperWhiteWarrior
Promising
Promising

Post by SuperWhiteWarrior » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:09 am

What a waste of talent :|
Where The One And Only Wanderers

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:52 am

Kinda sad
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:41 am

Muse wrote:
sluffy wrote:Bump!

What has happened to him? I can't believe he's still only 29. What a waste.

Look at the state of him, he looks like this tramp that knocks around outside the Corn Exchange in Preston smelling of piss

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:34 am

Look at the state of him, he looks like this tramp that knocks around outside the Corn Exchange in Preston smelling of piss
He still lives in Preston then?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:53 pm

Verbal wrote:Kinda sad
Yet, at the same time, hilarious.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

durham_wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by durham_wanderer » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:12 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
He still lives in Preston then?
He used to live in the new development of houses on middlebrook, used to know his little brother Marvin back in them days. Strange, Ricketts used to have danny higginbotham's signed derby shirt hung on his living room wall. Wierd.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:15 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:
Verbal wrote:Kinda sad
Yet, at the same time, hilarious.
At what point does it become even mildly amusing? Let alone, hilarious? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:25 pm

Muse wrote:What has happened to him? I can't believe he's still only 29. What a waste.
I think someone should put a Freedom of Information request in to check his birth certificate - he's never 29 going by that picture.

youngmc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by youngmc » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:40 pm

I used to live near him at the middlebrook, when he got his England cap we dropped of a card to say well done etc etc .
I asked him a few days later if he got the card, he grunted then fecked off in his porsche, fat fecking wanker could not have happened to a bigger nice person. :D
CHOO CHOO CHOOCHOO TRAIN!