The Munich match thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:51 pm

Great stuff in that first half. feck* fantastic.

Shame Davo couldn't have made it 2-0 but we are doing ourselves proud out there.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:52 pm

Message to all referees around Europe: Book Kevin Davies as soon as he gets the ball

THE REFEREE IS A HOMER AND BAYER ARE A BUNCH OF DIVERS.

Are you proud to be Bolton? Great show all round and Ribery needs assassinating. The man's a menace but plays brilliant football. The ref is making me sick. He carded Bratten for nothing and is giving them everything. Don't they know it?

COME ON YOU WHITES.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:52 pm

Chuffin' Nora, we're playing some good football tonight considering the opposition. The balance of the team looks really good (with the possible exception of McCann at right-back - but he's not doing too bad for a square peg). Nuff rispec' to Megoo and the team!

BoltonFan1983
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BoltonFan1983 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:52 pm

Schweinsteiner missed an open net and an absolute sitter. Klose almost scores before the half time whiste. Bolton were brave for the first 25 minutes, but we've been totally outplayed the last 20 minutes. Quite lucky with the goal as it took a wicked deflection, and it looked like Gardner put too much power into that. But we could use any break we can get considering how unlucky we've been this season.

Ribbery is killing us on the right hand flank (not surprising). We're lucky that Bayern haven't capitalized on their chances, otherwise this could get ugly.

Best Player so Far: Ribbery by far, for Bolton, it's Davis

Good job, so far, b/c of mightiness of the opposition
Last edited by BoltonFan1983 on Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"One year I played 15 months" - Beckenbauer Franz

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:53 pm

John Barnes is a class A mug.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:54 pm

BoltonFan1983 wrote:Schweinsteiner missed an open net and an absolute sitter. Klose almost scores before the half time whiste. Bolton were brave for the first 25 minutes, but we've been totally outplayed the last 20 minutes. Ribbery is killing us on the right hand flank (not surprising). We're lucky that Bayern haven't capitalized on their chances, otherwise this could get ugly.

It could be 4-3.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:55 pm

Great half, well done all.

Scared of the second half as Bayern will get a half-time slap and we'll tire.

But good stuff.

If only the indefatigable Kevin Davies could pass or shoot...

(I've said that so he'll score in the second half)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:56 pm

BoltonFan1983 wrote:Schweinsteiner missed an open net and an absolute sitter. Klose almost scores before the half time whiste. Bolton were brave for the first 25 minutes, but we've been totally outplayed the last 20 minutes. Ribbery is killing us on the right hand flank (not surprising). We're lucky that Bayern haven't capitalized on their chances, otherwise this could get ugly.

Totally outplayed? Give us a bit of credit will you. Playing a makeshift side against Bayern Munich away and going in 1-1 at half time. Do me mate. We're playing football and I'm proud of the lads.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BoltonFan1983
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BoltonFan1983 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:57 pm

Whookam wrote:

It could be 4-3.
I have counted much more chances for them, but Davies shot was unlucky not to go in. So I guess it works both ways.

BoltonFan1983
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BoltonFan1983 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

Totally outplayed? Give us a bit of credit will you. Playing a makeshift side against Bayern Munich away and going in 1-1 at half time. Do me mate. We're playing football and I'm proud of the lads.
I'm very proud of Bolton as well. They are doing their job, I just hope that we can sustain the onslaught. We got a tough 2nd half - basically what I'm saying. Seems like Bayern are finding that open man and intensifying their attacks. Something they weren't able to do well in the first 25 minutes.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:59 pm

BoltonFan1983 wrote:
Whookam wrote:

It could be 4-3.
I have counted much more chances for them, but Davies shot was unlucky not to go in. So I guess it works both ways.
You can count shots all you want but unless they put them in they don't count. We've also had chances ourselves. The only one Bayern will be really disappointed about with be Schweinsteiger's miss.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:00 pm

Best player so far is indeed Ribery, excellent player.

I'd say our best player so far is Gardner, Guthrie or even Nolan.

Can't say Davies as he had a GLORIOUS chance he should of scored and what the hell he was thinking when Guthrie made that run and he just played in to nobody. His booking was a complete farce though, the ref even stopped the match to give it, he's done nothing wrong apart from mouth off, which is very unlike him.

We could win this, excellent game so far.

Ref is a c*nt, home advantage beyond a joke ,they are diving but so is Braaten, pathetic, he's a big lad but would rather go down than hold the ball etc, Big Sam would love him.

Worst player though? Cid! God knows why I thought he was a left back, he's all over the place, dragging Braaten waaaaay back into our left back area. He's making tackles and missing, his timing is well off and the best chance for them he stood there and watched them shoot, then watched them shoot again on the rebound.

He scares me to death.
Last edited by FD on Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:00 pm

Lubo's having a belting game next to O'Brien. Keep it up lad!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:01 pm

americantrotter wrote:1-1 at half. Not so bad, seem to be playing good.

Come on lads, shock the germans. They dropped a bomb on Bolton in WWI remember?
don't know which is worse, the jingoism or historical inaccuracy
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:01 pm

John Barnes wrote:..., that's Sam Allardyce's team
(or said)

Bollox, you nobber! Cid, Michalik, Braaten, Guthrie, McCann, O'Brien, Ricky right midfield, Jussi left out? Have a word with yourself, you plonker.

BoltonFan1983
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BoltonFan1983 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:03 pm

FD wrote:Best player so far is indeed Ribery, excellent player.

I'd say our best player so far is Gardner, Guthrie or even Nolan.

Can't say Davies as he had a GLORIOUS chance he should of scored and what the hell he was thinking when Guthrie made that run and he just played in to nobody.

We could win this, excellent game so far.

Ref is a c*nt, home advantage beyond a joke ,they are diving but so is Braaten, pathetic, he's a big lad but would rather go down than hold the ball etc, Big Sam would love him.

Worst player though? Cid! God knows why I thought he was a left back, he's all over the place, dragging Braaten waaaaay back into our left back area. He's making tackles and missing, his timing is well off and the best chance for them he stood there and watched them shoot, then watched them shoot again on the rebound.

He scares me to death.
Gardner has been very excellent. Remember that Ribery started on the left hand side, now all of his attacks are coming from the righthand side because Gardner did such a good job clamping-down on the Frenchmen.

The ref is a c*nt indeed, gave Bayern two opportunities right on the edge of the box, and they were soft touches.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:05 pm

Isn't that Gardner's first goal in nearly 200 games? :shock:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:05 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:Isn't that Gardner's first goal in nearly 200 games? :shock:
boxing day 2002
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

BoltonFan1983
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BoltonFan1983 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:06 pm

No changes so far, 2nd half started.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:06 pm

Hope this is the rebirth of Nolan