Bolton v Liverpool Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:44 pm

fecking Typical

Why the feck can't we defend for 90 minutes.

feck all threat then that.

Absolute shite.

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:46 pm

DJBlu wrote:fecking Typical

Why the feck can't we defend for 90 minutes.

feck all threat then that.

Absolute shite.
¨

What he said.
Oh coitus!

jussi_jaji
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jussi_jaji » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:47 pm

%#$%^&%&*^*&^*&(^%&^%*&

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:47 pm

Oh well. We're still top half.

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:48 pm

Didn't say it at the time but I thought Coyle was tempting fate by swapping Elmo for Ivan - would have rather brought Mavis on for Young Fabrice to keep some fresh legs in midfield. Can't see what we're going to do with Blake.
"Any useless person; any liar; any drunkard; anyone under the influence; anyone high on drugs; can talk on the Internet, and you read what he writes and you believe it."
- Muammar Gaddafi, 16/1/2011

Gaz Tomorrow
Promising
Promising

Post by Gaz Tomorrow » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:48 pm

could not be more pi*sed off right now! All attack from us, one break and they score. Total joke and theres no way in hell they deserved a goal!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:51 pm

Gaz Tomorrow wrote:could not be more pi*sed off right now! All attack from us, one break and they score. Total joke and theres no way in hell they deserved a goal!
You mean the 2 penno's turned away?

That sort of joke.

Sick of having feck all luck.

cecil.bob
Reliable
Reliable

Post by cecil.bob » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:52 pm

Why can't we finish?

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:55 pm

Not me either. They were shite, this is like losing at home to a promoted side.

We really should have taken our chances. By far the better team in the 2nd half.

Right, I'm going to bed!
Oh coitus!

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:55 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Gaz Tomorrow wrote:could not be more pi*sed off right now! All attack from us, one break and they score. Total joke and theres no way in hell they deserved a goal!
You mean the 2 penno's turned away?

That sort of joke.

Sick of having feck all luck.
Are you referring to the plays where CYL was brought down in the box and Carragher handled the ball on Taylor's cross? It seems like the ref feels that the 'pool can do no wrong in these cases...

And what an undeserving and shitty win for those bastards. I can at least hold out hope that we'll dick them in similar fashion when we visit them.
Last edited by SonsOfThunder on Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:56 pm

cecil.bob wrote:Why can't we finish?
You mean why can't Elmander finish?

Home games, start with Klasnic, swap with Elmander if playin shite.

Do the opposite away.

Can't believe how shit Liverpool were, as usual we obliged and gave em 3 points.

Disgraceful.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:57 pm

Can't believe we've lost that. The poorest Liverpool side I've ever seen. We weren't any better though
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

SonsOfThunder
Promising
Promising

Post by SonsOfThunder » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:00 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Can't believe we've lost that. The poorest Liverpool side I've ever seen. We weren't any better though
Yes we were. We just shut off for a second in typical fashion and got punished for it. 70-30 possession in our favor suggests we were a little bit better though.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:00 pm

SonsOfThunder wrote: Are you referring to the plays where CYL was brought down in the box and Carragher handled the ball on Taylor's cross? It seems like the ref feels that the 'pool can do no wrong in these cases...
Or even the most obvious blatent shove in the back on Davies I've seen this season? Thing is, this is constant and it's costing us points we need. Refs are absolute rubbish these days. Scrikeyerknickers off jumps all over Davies..nothing. Cahill wins two headers, their player goes down..free kick.
Last edited by TANGODANCER on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:01 pm

Never a game we should have lost, we had enough chances to win that with two possible penalty calls. They have one shot on goal, a toe poke at that, and Jussi lets it go under his body. Mind a good backheel from Torres to set Rodriguez up but Jussi should have saved the shot.

We played a very attacking game but they did always look dangerous on the break and we fell for the sucker punch.

BBC stats say that they got 4 shots on target but I didn't see the other three and we got 10 from which we should have scored. What do we have to do to beat one of these "top" teams?????

I feel as sick as a parrot after that loss.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:08 pm

DJBlu wrote:
cecil.bob wrote:Why can't we finish?
You mean why can't Elmander finish?

Home games, start with Klasnic, swap with Elmander if playin shite.

Do the opposite away.

Can't believe how shit Liverpool were, as usual we obliged and gave em 3 points.

Disgraceful.
Definitely not disgraceful just very unlucky and all the major decisions went against us, the Davies push in the back was an obvious penalty but he went down too theatrically I guess.

I thought that we played well, took the game to them but always looked a little suspect when they broke and fell for a sucker punch at the end. You can't blame Elmander for the loss and Klasnic would never put in the amount of effort and running that Elmo does.

I do agree however that Liverpool were very poor for most of the game with only two or three good flowing moves and didn't deserve the win. Yet its goals that win games and they got one and we didn't. End of story
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:09 pm

Really gutted, we defended sloppily at times, and I think the first half performance was much better than the second.

Referee not doing his job again; two pretty clear penalties.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:11 pm

FaninOz wrote:Never a game we should have lost, we had enough chances to win that with two possible penalty calls. They have one shot on goal, a toe poke at that, and Jussi lets it go under his body. Mind a good backheel from Torres to set Rodriguez up but Jussi should have saved the shot.
Maybe he should have saved it, but let's have it right; he stopped the shot and it went on to hit the bar and come down in the net. He had a great game apart from that.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:11 pm

and to rub salt into the wound?

listened on R5 - it had to be alan green commentating as they scored didn't it - and to hear the sheer relief in his voice as they did....

(I think he came in his vast pants)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:12 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
FaninOz wrote:Never a game we should have lost, we had enough chances to win that with two possible penalty calls. They have one shot on goal, a toe poke at that, and Jussi lets it go under his body. Mind a good backheel from Torres to set Rodriguez up but Jussi should have saved the shot.
Maybe he should have saved it, but let's have it right; he stopped the shot and it went on to hit the bar and come down in the net. He had a great game apart from that.
own goal then... :wink: