Wanderers V Wanderers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Elmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:17 pm

cheer up Mick.....

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:21 pm

thebish wrote:just watched elmo's goal again - that is fecking delightful!
hell fire, i had no idea it was that good!

Spartan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Spartan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:24 pm

thebish wrote:
Spartan wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Spartan wrote:We can never control a game. I just don't understand how a team winning 3-0, can in ten minutes be favourites to draw/lose. CRAZY!
Aye, it was only a Premiership team who are in form we were playing and took three points off, and not even on our own ground at that. Disgraceful. :roll:
You're totally getting the wrong message. Coyle has transformed us into an attacking, confident, entertaining and succesful team and yet another brilliant result. I'm not disputing that.

But! If you watch the Liverpool game as a good example, when there was time added on and even a bit before that there was almost zero chance of us scoring, one of their players faked and injury for 2mins walked off slowly then back on, they passed it round the back, then made a sub, etc., etc. broke the game up and completely controlled it in the last few minutes. It's just a frustration and nerve-wracking that we can't seem to, we're more er... rollercoaster.
hmmm... but then - when we were nervously and edgily dragged back to 2-1 against the 'Ammers - what did we do? - ran up the other end and made it 3-1 - game over...

and

when we were nervously dragged back to 3-2 by the spuds - what did we do? - ran up the other end and made it 4-2, game over

today - yes we weathered a storm - but Davo was a coat of paint away from making it 4-2 game over...
Those examples prove my point. We are superb at attacking and counter attacking, but can't close games out. We are relying on scoring 3/4 goals to win and even at 3-0 still nervous. I think most teams at 3-0 start showboating, fans shouting "ole" with every pass, wheras we start panicking. And *maybe* just a bit of gamesmanship and clever football would sort it. Certainly would have at Everton. Still I have no complaints with the tactics overall, they have been spot on all season.
Nach dem Spiel ist vor dem Spiel.

LeeRoyBrown
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeeRoyBrown » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Awesome Elmo goal, their is a great beleif in the team at the minute. Elmo has so much confidence now it fantastic to see. Shame there is a chance he may be leaving us now...

COYW!!!

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Well feck me with a rag man's trumpet, that is a stunning goal.

Even better when wolves players score 3 and ours score 2 and we come away with 3 points.

Very, very happy tonight.

Well done lads.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Just got back - fantastic day out! Bolton fans were great and the atmosphere we generated was awesome. "Can you hear the wolves sing? I can't hear a f*****' thing!"

Got very nervous after going 3-2 but we held on well and I'm a very happy Wanderer. Looking forward to watching the highlights! And the whites go marching on on on!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:24 pm

Was trying to wait for MotD to see that goal but couldn't...

How does he do it? What footwork, great finish as well.

Awesome.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:40 pm

It's almost Messi like.

Please Uncle Eddie can we have one of those Elmo's for Christmas?
Pfffft.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:43 pm

A good one though.

Not the cheapo version from Argos that Megson bought.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:50 pm

hopefully elmo will have a virus nxt week aswell

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:01 pm

got back from the game, superb away day, yes very nerve wracking but i think now that comes with being a white, and i'd much rather be a nervous wreck now than the nerves i suffered with that ex nameless manager, good footbal. great atmophere from our fans and only one team played the ''hoof'' game. brill day thanks all at bwfc,

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:43 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Spartan wrote:We can never control a game. I just don't understand how a team winning 3-0, can in ten minutes be favourites to draw/lose. CRAZY!
Aye, it was only a Premiership team who are in form we were playing and took three points off, and not even on our own ground at that. Disgraceful. :roll:
In-form is a bit strong for the side sat second bottom, already five points adrift.

That's being pedantic though, I agree with you. 7 points from Spurs (h), Everton (a) and Wolves (a) is exceptional, although I wish we'd have seen it out more comfortably.

Please sign Elmander up Owen, and try hypnotising him to believe we play away from home every week..
After previous confidence that we're in the box seat for his signature on a lowered contract, I'm now worried. People are starting to notice theres been a wee bit of a change in our Elmo.

Still, 19 points and 5th in mid November? I'd have ripped your hands off for that 12 months ago. Just hope January isn't too much of a fire sale, cos I'm really starting to enjoy this.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:48 pm

My away-day curse is finally lifted! It only took 8 years, get in there Whites!

Great afternoon despite me going there alone, spending a couple of hours on a coach with some miserable blokes saying they wished we had stayed in the Carling Cup so the team would be more tired and lose more league games so we didnt get in Europe again (!), and then being turned away from a number of pubs in the town centre - did you make it into the Litten Tree General Mannerheim?!

Fantastic result and a couple of great goals. Stuart Holden, what a player he is in this team - did he mis-place a single pass or come away from a skirmish without the ball at any point today? Horrible final few minutes watching that, but I'm absolutely delighted!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:48 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
In-form is a bit strong for the side sat second bottom, already five points adrift.

That's being pedantic though, I agree with you. 7 points from Spurs (h), Everton (a) and Wolves (a) is exceptional, although I wish we'd have seen it out more comfortably.

Please sign Elmander up Owen, and try hypnotising him to believe we play away from home every week..
After previous confidence that we're in the box seat for his signature on a lowered contract, I'm now worried. People are starting to notice theres been a wee bit of a change in our Elmo.

Still, 19 points and 5th in mid November? I'd have ripped your hands off for that 12 months ago. Just hope January isn't too much of a fire sale, cos I'm really starting to enjoy this.

indeed! I'd quite forgotten being a Bolton fan could be this much fun!

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:58 pm

P.O.S. wrote:My away-day curse is finally lifted! It only took 8 years, get in there Whites!

Great afternoon despite me going there alone, spending a couple of hours on a coach with some miserable blokes saying they wished we had stayed in the Carling Cup so the team would be more tired and lose more league games so we didnt get in Europe again (!), and then being turned away from a number of pubs in the town centre - did you make it into the Litten Tree General Mannerheim?!

Fantastic result and a couple of great goals. Stuart Holden, what a player he is in this team - did he mis-place a single pass or come away from a skirmish without the ball at any point today? Horrible final few minutes watching that, but I'm absolutely delighted!!
Loved it! Great noise from the Bolton fans today.

Where did you sit?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:02 pm

thebish wrote:cheer up Mick.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 187187.stm
monotone, professional Yorkshireman, fake Paddy, miserable feck !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:09 pm

thebish wrote:cheer up Mick.....

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:12 pm

HMX wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:My away-day curse is finally lifted! It only took 8 years, get in there Whites!

Loved it! Great noise from the Bolton fans today.

Where did you sit?
About half way up the stand, right next to the partition - in fact I could well show up for a fleeting few seconds on MOTD in a bit! Moved further back in second half, I was getting tutted at for standing up in the first half by some people behind me so I moved away. Where abouts were you sat?

How bad were those Balti Pies by the way? Balti pies have become one of my favourite things about match days, and the ones at Wolves looked great - but mine tasted terrible!

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:14 pm

P.O.S. wrote:
About half way up the stand, right next to the partition - in fact I could well show up for a fleeting few seconds on MOTD in a bit! Moved further back in second half, I was getting tutted at for standing up in the first half by some people behind me so I moved away. Where abouts were you sat?

How bad were those Balti Pies by the way? Balit pies have become one of my favourite things about match days, and the ones at Wolves looked great - but mine tasted terrible!
My away day curse was also lifted! From 8 away games, the first Prem win, fantastic!

Didn't try the pies - could smell 'um though! I couldn't keep sat down to be honest - I was row M, not far up towards the right hand side, near to the stewards in the corner really. So other side to yourself.