Bolton v Spuds

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Bolton v Spuds

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:12 pm

have I missed a thread on it, or does nobody want to post for fear of the thread being overtaken by negative wankers - (or football fans?)

Even the most satisfied of satisfied with out 0 points on Sunday must admit there needs to be a marked improvement from Sunday to get anything from this Tottenham team. These men used to be a nice 3 points for us at home, but they've spent big and in players like Modric, Pavy-doodah, Van der Vaart, Lennon and Bale have everything we hate playing against - pace and movement.

The thought of Bale attacking Steinsson for 90 mins is staggeringly frightening.

I think we can hurt them - they do concede and have struggled post-CL games - but we'll need to be at our best. Can't stagger and stutter like we did versus the Pool.

A loss, but enough positives from it to drown out any actual concerns about how we're progressing as a team.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:25 pm

I don't think it's the sort of game we can look at how much we've progressed. When did they last win at our place in the league?

These have been great games in the past couple of years as well. The first FA Cup match last season was the first time you'd seen a new Bolton, and the emergence of a new Elmander.

I'll take the easy option, though. A draw. Spurs are a good side now, although their defence still looks vulnerable as fook.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:46 pm

Steinsson's gonna be in an incredibale mess.

I've already got my coat.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Everyone's going to say it, but I'm going to agree....Bale v Steinsson :shock: :(

Not looking forward to that

Must play a lot better than Sunday cos we'll need to score. And we didn't really look like doing that on Sunday.

I am looking forward to seeing VdV and Bale playing though, thats why we are in the Premiership to see the best players - and they have been two of the best this season.

Used to fancy us against Tottenham, but there is more grit to them now, certainly against non big 4 teams. More likely to pick the points up away from home. Just hope Owen has done his homework and we are up for it from the start.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:32 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Everyone's going to say it, but I'm going to agree....Bale v Steinsson :shock: :(

Not looking forward to that

Must play a lot better than Sunday cos we'll need to score. And we didn't really look like doing that on Sunday.

I am looking forward to seeing VdV and Bale playing though, thats why we are in the Premiership to see the best players - and they have been two of the best this season.

Used to fancy us against Tottenham, but there is more grit to them now, certainly against non big 4 teams. More likely to pick the points up away from home. Just hope Owen has done his homework and we are up for it from the start.
As long as he sits deeper than normal he should be ok. Inter were caught out cause they had a high line. Something they didn't learn from the first game.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:32 pm

Over rated media darlings. We'll stuff em.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

as
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Bolton v Spuds

Post by as » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:19 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:have I missed a thread on it, or does nobody want to post for fear of the thread being overtaken by negative wankers - (or football fans?)

My boy Gretar will be reet against Bale, he'll study little Simon Charlton's performance against Henry that time.

Home win
No twitchy giving an interview after the game (which would feel almost as good as a home win for anyone with Sky Sports)
And Europe here we come
Troll and proud of it.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Bolton v Spuds

Post by jimbo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:06 am

as wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:have I missed a thread on it, or does nobody want to post for fear of the thread being overtaken by negative wankers - (or football fans?)

My boy Gretar will be reet against Bale, he'll study little Simon Charlton's performance against Henry that time.

Home win
No twitchy giving an interview after the game (which would feel almost as good as a home win for anyone with Sky Sports)
And Europe here we come
That's a bold statement

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:52 am

I think it'll be a case of them struggling to raise themselves after their performance last night.

Really looking forward to seeing Van der Vaart and Bale play, even though the outrageously off-form Muamba and the perma-shite Steinsson may take a beating. Always like seeing top players at the Reebok.

2-1 win to us.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:05 am

They don't like playing at Bolton so we will win. Bale can be quite fantastic but like eveyone else can have off games when he huffs and puffs with no end product (sounds like the whole Bolton team). He did just that after scoring a hattrick in their last European game, Steinsson will have him in his pocket :D

But a lot depends on how far they will come down after what was an excellent performance last night, but even so I still go for a Bolton win. 2-1 or maybe even 3-1.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

ebby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ebby » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:22 am

if we get anything i'll be more than happy, can't see it though...but spurs are a good side and will finish at least top 6 so i wont be too disheartened...davies usually has a good game against them so hopefully he will again

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:53 am

i predict the jammiest clean sheet in history (we're due one) and a 1-0 win...KdAv to score.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:54 am

i predict an absolute dicking with 7 Wanderers being sent off and Crouch scoring a double hat-trick

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:00 am

Stick Dan Smith at right back.

Or did we swap him for that Celtic fella?

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:05 am

Preview and report volunteers needed for this one.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:10 am

I don't often predict a loss home OR away.

So I won't. 2-1 to us (all penalties)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:45 am

ratbert wrote:Preview and report volunteers needed for this one.
if there are no takers - I'll be a backstop on the preview...

perfan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by perfan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:41 am

Gareth Bale is just going to rip us apart, I'm really concerned. I thought we performed well on Sunday but that was the worst Liverpool side I've ever seen. Saturday's going to be a nightmare and I hope I'm wrong.
Buster League Champion!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:45 am

Spurs win 2-1 (HT 1-0) Van der Vart & Pavlyuchenko, with Cahill heading in our consolation. Yellow cards for Davies, Steinsson, Muamba, Robinson and Gallas for them. Att; 18,541. Cloudy with occasional showers, and a light north easterly wind, 10°C.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:11 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Spurs win 2-1 (HT 1-0) Van der Vart & Pavlyuchenko, with Cahill heading in our consolation. Yellow cards for Davies, Steinsson, Muamba, Robinson and Gallas for them. Att; 18,541. Cloudy with occasional showers, and a light north easterly wind, 10°C.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"