Bolton v Spuds

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Just shows what absolute bollox goes on in football. Huddlestone knew fxxking well what he was doing because the ball was long gone. It was a really dirty attack that got away with murder. Clicks my mind back to Gerard on Nolan ( He wouldn't do it on purpose, he's my mate) and Dion Dublin on...? Can't remember who right now, but I sure remember the stamp near the corner flag.
it really wasnt that bad.
If Paul Robinson or Steinsson had done it it would have been akin to a jail sentence with the media.
Imagine if Davies did it to Bale... They would be burning effigies of him in Larndan
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:20 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
FaninOz wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote: I was just watching that with my gob open. Unbelievable!
A pairing of Davies and Carroll up front would be good to watch against the French, wouldn't mind that. Both had very good games over the weekend.
Oh I agree, fella. My aghast-ness (can I have that?) and Ebby's too, I guess, came from the fact that Redknapp didn't even mention the very fella who, on the day before, ran his own father's side a merry dance.
I watched the Sky replays twice on Sunday morning.

Not too much different than the Andy Gray commentary during the game. Just about everything was Tottenham did, rather than Bolton did.

1st goal - Tottenham gave the ball away too easily - nothing to do with Bolton harrying
3rd goal - Asshole Ekottu gave away a really soft penalty - not CYL actually left him with very little choice
4th goal - Tottenham pressing for an equaliser, got caught on the break. Not Holden puts in a great challenge to rob Gallas(?) of the ball and Bolton break quickly.

Everything was about what Tottenham were doing, bugger all about what Bolton were doing.
Just a question, do we expect owt else from Sky? Andy Gray and the rest of them, bar I think Alan Smith think we're crap and have for years

I watched the game against L/pool and thought Andy Gray was spot on. No bias, just good commentry. For the Spurs game, the complete opposite. I think he may of been too easily led by that Spuds loving commentator Alan Parry. Spurs this, Spurs that. Neither of them gave Bolton any recognition for what we were doing, which was taking apart the 'glory' team who had just beaten the european champions. Feckin' muppets the pair of 'em. I don't usualy let commentators get to me, as everyone has their opinion. But these two T*ats spoiled it for me on saturday. Then I listened to Shearer on MOTD. He's had a bit of a soft spot for us over the years, and on saturday gave us nothing but praise, including the manager and players. Realy bigged us up, which is a refreshing change.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:33 pm

Listening to the Spurs fans on the BBC and reading their comments on The Guardian website I was pretty unsure as to what they expect from their team.

It was a good end-to-end game. We had lots of chances, so did they. They scored two great goals but missed a couple of clear cut chances and hit the woodwork - so did we.

It could have quite easily been 2-4, 3-3, 4-4, 0-4 or anything. goals win games, we edged them out and WERE the better team but for them to moan that they were 'rubbish' and 'normal service resumed' seems a bit OTT. I know we all get carried away but I thought Spurs played well.

Err that's it really.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:37 pm

Il Pirate wrote: Then I listened to Shearer on MOTD. He's had a bit of a soft spot for us over the years, and on saturday gave us nothing but praise, including the manager and players. Realy bigged us up, which is a refreshing change.
Shearer is an old school contact football type. Like him or hate him he was a KD type player who was never afraid to get stuck in. "Absolutely brilliant" was his description of us on MOTD. A perfect foil for Spurs loving Linnekar and his biased dribble.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:32 pm

For a Leicester fan, Mr Lineker can't help going on & on about his old club.

Better to ignore him really, with him turning into Mr Celebrity with his fame-hungry missus, it's not long until MOTD give someone else a chance while he's boring the nation to death on I'm A Celeb.
Troll and proud of it.

cophilie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cophilie » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Just shows what absolute bollox goes on in football. Huddlestone knew fxxking well what he was doing because the ball was long gone. It was a really dirty attack that got away with murder. Clicks my mind back to Gerard on Nolan ( He wouldn't do it on purpose, he's my mate) and Dion Dublin on...? Can't remember who right now, but I sure remember the stamp near the corner flag.
it really wasnt that bad.
If Paul Robinson or Steinsson had done it it would have been akin to a jail sentence with the media.
If Joey Barton had done it...

It's good to know Huddlestone won't be banned though. I'd hate for London players to think they couldn't get away with stuff like that. It might make them cry.