Wanderers v Geordies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:59 pm

lonestar wrote:
lonestar wrote:
Horza wrote:Hope to be wrong but I smell our first big (non-Arse) loss of the season.
can only agree with this carrol will knock lumps out of cahill and knight will go missing jussi will flap at everything that comes his way . nolan will have them well briefed over jussi's inadequacies score line 1-3
i do love it when i get it soooo wrong :oops: :oops: :D
Very happy to be off the mark too :D :pissed:
"Any useless person; any liar; any drunkard; anyone under the influence; anyone high on drugs; can talk on the Internet, and you read what he writes and you believe it."
- Muammar Gaddafi, 16/1/2011

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:01 pm

What a game,

from start to finish.

Not one player on that field can be critized today.

Elmander rightly man of the match.

Could have been any number of em.

Taylor, I don't know what you are having in your breakfast but keep having it. Better and better with each game.

5-1 ha.

Thought it was going to be a tough 1-0 battle.

4th in the table. Loving it!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:01 pm

every player outstanding if owen can keep this team together than europe is a real possibilty

jussi_jaji
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jussi_jaji » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:02 pm

Any photos
AAnd another penalty. Cool

Yeah 5 FFS!!!

Lol. . .yes. . .but never mind. . .she has the face of beyonce and looks like Nici Minaj. . .

I'm sooooo *(^*%*&^*(^(*^*(&&*&* happy!!!!!!!!!!!

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:02 pm

Absolutely sensational! There's so much to say so will save it for tomorrow... but a bloody proud time to be a Wanderer! Loved the commentator at the end saying Bolton sending out message that they are a force to be reckoned with in the Premier League.

Oh, and what a difference some confidence and self belief makes!

COYW!!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Is Elmander top scorer now?

Spartan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Spartan » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:05 pm

Anyone remember the start of the Sammy Lee season when Alladyce went to Newcastle and they tonked us 4-0 at home? What a turn around. Also i think i remember Nolan and guthrie?? being in our midfield that day. Both completely outplayed again.
Nach dem Spiel ist vor dem Spiel.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Ianmooreslovechild wrote:Don't think I've ever been a happier wanderer
Really? :?
Really really :D
in terms of potential and watchability at this level and given the lack of consistency from the big 4 I think these are pretty exciting times

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:06 pm

E I E I E I O, up the football league we go! :pissed:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:07 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Is Elmander top scorer now?
That was his 8th this season.

Davies has 6.

Dunno if he is top in the League.

fentoozler21
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by fentoozler21 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:08 pm

just got in from my own footy, am i reading this right??

feck - i was nervous for this one aswell!!!!!

weekend made!

Will still be last on MOTD, well, maybe before West brom v Stoke?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:09 pm

Treeeeeeeeeemendous.

We hammered em. Could easily have been eight. Great show all round. We played up-pitch granted, but kept them under pressure the whole game. Holden and Muamba looked like they were on meths. Really good performance and the commentators gave us full credit. Elmander's rejuvenated. Lee was terrific and covered miles. Totally happy chappie. :D
Last edited by TANGODANCER on Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:09 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:Is Elmander top scorer now?
That was his 8th this season.

Davies has 6.

Dunno if he is top in the League.
Joint top with Carroll on 8
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:09 pm

The last time we scored 5 in a competitive match was Aston Villa in THAT League Cup semi-final game in 2004.

The last time we scored 5 in a league match was against Leicester in August 2001 (Final score 5-0).

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:12 pm

malcd1 wrote:The last time we scored 5 in a competitive match was Aston Villa in THAT League Cup semi-final game in 2004.

The last time we scored 5 in a league match was against Leicester in August 2001 (Final score 5-0).
Aye, Malcd1, and that was the year Leicester went down. Though I think it was the first game of that season. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

longy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by longy » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:17 pm

hope Mark Hughes' boys get one over on Citeh tomorrow, keeping us in the TOP 4

:twisted:

My birthday weekend would be complete :mrgreen:

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:25 pm

oh to be a white, what a superb performance, a little difficult to see everything on the stream but what a team performance,
hope football fans everywhere will :davies: the thugs in stripes, they really are a set of villians.

coyw

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:32 pm

Had to give away my season ticket away today knowing full well we would turn them over, had to attend a 90th birthday celebration lunch. Had the text messages flooding in throughout the meal.

Watched final score on the bbc with a Blackpool season ticket holder in the second half, unbeknownst to me was owner of Pontins Group (nice bloke considering the latest circumstances). Absolutely made up with the result! They couldnt stop praising Mandy. Speechless!!!

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Great game to watch and an excellent performance from every Wanderer. Too difficult for me to chaose a mano ft the match as almost everyone was just so good.

Their goal was a great pity as Holden went in for another tackle on the edge of the penalty area, won the ball only to push it through to Carroll in the penalty area who had an easy finish. Very sad as it was their only shot on target, it appears that Carroll hitting the bar doesn't count as on target!!!

Thankfully Nolan was never in the game after the first minute when he had a snap shot that went over the bar and the first penalty of course. We harressed them so much that they just gave the ball away time after time and as Tango said we could have had 8. Mind they got a couple of good crosses in but there was nobody there to put them in. I was also impressed with Carroll he showed why he should be in the England squad, he got a hell of a shot in both feet and heads the ball well.

But then on that performance so should Davies he had another great game today, and Holden well he just gets better and better and better. Taylor must be on something that I hope they don't test him for as he is a revelation, fitter, faster and more committeed than last season. Mumaba played very well again as did Lee who also had a great game, and I don't believe that he was offside for the goal. For me he was level when the pass was made, but what a great finish. The defence also played very well and were very unlucky to give a goal away.

And finally Elmander, well what can anyone say. So committed, covers miles every game, gets stuck in, goes for and wins headers and today scored two excellent goals with great ball control and coll clinical finishing. Absolutely fantastic.

Great to be a Wanderer tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by FaninOz on Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:35 pm

http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/ind ... ic=35302.0

praise indeed from our friends in the north east
The Voice Of Reason