Wanderers v Geordies

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:17 am

Hoboh wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:
Hoboh wrote:We've been there a few times only to be dumped at the alter
True enough, though a win against Blackpool next weekend is going end a perfect November (if it wasn't for those thieving scousers).
I wish we was playing Celsea next :mrgreen:
Aye - whatever the cost I am going to the Bridge on 28th December.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:26 am

Hoboh wrote:3 litres of Hardys Voyage (£13.98 @Asda) and a few earlier, 5 goals, first gifted by fatboy, one happy happy tramp.

Happy as a pig in shit to say yes Mandy can play just pissed he ain't done it before he's after a big payday.

Knight wants shooting for letting Carol go free for the goal, Holden is the biz, Lee is coming back on form and SKD is SKD a true feckin heroe.

Watch yer backs Red Shite the super whites are a coming.
To be fair it was Holden who pushed the ball through to Carroll when he tackled Ameobi on the edge of the box, I don't believe that it was an error by Cahill or Knight. Yes they gave Carroll some space but without Holden's "pass" the ball would never have got to Carroll. It was just one of those things that can happen when the ball bounces around in such circumstances, mind Jussi did a pretty poor job of trying to stop the shot but again he didn't have much time to react.

The goal stats are interesting in that we have the second best goals for (C, U and A all have 28 ) and the sixth worst goals against! So I do agree that a few clean sheets would be good for my heart!
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

LeeRoyBrown
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeeRoyBrown » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:29 am

Anyone got a link to highlihgts? Missed MOTD!!!!!! :(

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:47 am

LeeRoyBrown wrote:Anyone got a link to highlihgts? Missed MOTD!!!!!! :(
One was posted a few pages back.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:28 am

I haven't seen a beating like that since Andy Carroll's girlfriend cooked his steak wrong!

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:33 am

Newcastle's performance yesterday without Barton and Tiote does make me wonder how we'd perform without Moo and Stu in the middle..

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:39 am

You know between the Williamson headbutt, the Nolan barge, the Coloccini elbow, and the continued employment of criminals Joey Barton and Andy Carroll, the league should really look at fining Newcastle a few thousand pounds.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:53 am

Great result, great performanc, could not believe my ears when Charlie Nich was talking about us, he was almost creaming himself!
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:08 am

H. Pedersen wrote:You know between the Williamson headbutt, the Nolan barge, the Coloccini elbow, and the continued employment of criminals Joey Barton and Andy Carroll, the league should really look at fining Newcastle a few thousand pounds.
Christ lets not turn into those whining fans regarding contact even if we have strung a few great games together.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:09 am

Actually I even saw a Newcastle fan on his board saying that Williamson might be expecting some action taken over the head butt.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:17 am

TANGODANCER wrote:MOTD highlighted just how much Elmander was targeted by blatant fouls today. That head butt should be a ban when it's watched again and the forearm smash would have done credit to Mick McManus. Big credit as to how he replied. Thought Davo had blood on his mouth when he took the first penalty too. Dirty Bolton hey?

there's a name from the past! I always supported him cos my Uncle was also called Mick McManus...

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:54 am

LeeRoyBrown wrote:Anyone got a link to highlihgts? Missed MOTD!!!!!! :(

Here you are Lee Roy.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodispl ... d-7616245/

A full 10 minutes and 51 seconds from Match of the Day.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:58 am

Some donut on Sunday Supplement thinks the Premier League's standard has fallen this season. Evidence give? Well, Bolton are fourth and Liverpool nearly went into administration.

"We're seeing great matches, but the standards are falling"

:crazy:

On Liverpool's squad situation, another gets asked "is that not their financial situation", the reply "no cos they could have bought players if they wanted"

:crazy:

Southern tosspots they are.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:11 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote:"We're seeing great matches, but the standards are falling"
Football snob cop out.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Gaz Tomorrow
Promising
Promising

Post by Gaz Tomorrow » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:43 am

DJBlu wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:Is Elmander top scorer now?
That was his 8th this season.

Davies has 6.

Dunno if he is top in the League.
According to MOTD he is top scorer in the league but then again that is BBC :wink:

spikeykev
Promising
Promising

Post by spikeykev » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:46 am

Great performance yesterday, really hope Elmander signs up because I feel he's more important than Cahill, but not worrying about that for the moment. Should we beat Blackpool next week that will set us up nicely for Citeh away and I can't see any reason why we can't keep this run going. Our teams matches up well and we have some excellent players in every position and have a decent bench aswell.

Also, considering we're fourth and have a solid base of English players, of which it seems only Cahill can get a call-up (and this only when another defender is injured), which I feel is completly absurd. I'm not saying all our English players should be in the starting 11, but Cahill, Davies, Muamba and the much improved Knight should atleast be in/around the squad. Taylor should've got a call when he was on fire but hopefully he is starting to regain his form. He's very dangerous from set-peices and gets into good positions. Unfortuantly for Robbo we have Cole at left-back, but Robbo can inject some passion into the squad, something we are sorely lacking at this point.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:49 am

seanworth wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:You know between the Williamson headbutt, the Nolan barge, the Coloccini elbow, and the continued employment of criminals Joey Barton and Andy Carroll, the league should really look at fining Newcastle a few thousand pounds.
Christ lets not turn into those whining fans regarding contact even if we have strung a few great games together.
This. We're better people than that.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Bigzippy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bigzippy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:58 am

Running through some chalkboard stats this mornign and these all stand out.

Cahill 18 passes 100% success rate

Knight 14 passes 13 successfull

Robinson 34 passes 30 successfull, I didnt think Robinson had been that active!!!

Tackles attempted 14 each for Cahill and Elmo! Cahill with 9 good and Elmo with 8!

Good see the CB's passing the ball well and Elmo putting in one hell of a performance all round!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:45 am

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
Spartan wrote:And if we're not first on MOTD then shit it.
I'm fairly certain North London derby will be first on. Then Chelsea losing. Then Man U. then us.
Very good Baaaaaaaaaaaab - you forgot the article about Arsenal players supporting Centrepoint wedged in between though...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:17 pm

I'm not sure there's anything I can say that will make this feel any better.

But I think we finally well and truly laid the Megson argument to rest yesterday.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.