BWSA Social Meeting with Matt Taylor and Fabrice Muamba

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWSA
Hopeful
Hopeful

BWSA Social Meeting with Matt Taylor and Fabrice Muamba

Post by BWSA » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:54 pm

The next BWSA social night is on Tuesday 23rd November in the Lion of Vienna Suite at the Reebok Stadium. The evening starts at 7.30pm and will be compered by stadium announcer Colin McGreavy.

Guests include Matt Taylor and Fabrice Muamba plus ex-players, quality raffle prizes, Roadrunner videos and even Buzz Hawkins (of The Bradshaws fame) doing a 30 minute set. There will also be a 9 dart player challange.

Entry is free but you can join on the night (especially if you've enjoyed it).

Goto http://www.officialbwsa.org for more details.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:13 pm

I really need to get hold of some of the old Roadrunner season reviews converted onto dvd, this could be my chance!

BWSA
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWSA » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Jimmy from RoadRunner will be there on the night. You can order with him directly.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:06 pm

P.O.S. wrote:I really need to get hold of some of the old Roadrunner season reviews converted onto dvd, this could be my chance!
I did my entire collection about a year ago. Brilliant. Could make a fortune if I were so inclined.

BWSA
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWSA » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:10 pm

All Roadrunner 'videos' are now available on DVD although the covers are still the similar design for "nostalgic" effect (in other words they've never been redesigned).

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Re: BWSA Social Meeting with Matt Taylor and Fabrice Muamba

Post by fatshaft » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:10 pm

BWSA wrote:
That's just a holding page? Where's the website?

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:19 pm

I'd love to come, but first answer me this - is it still run by that committee of old biddies?

BWSA
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: BWSA Social Meeting with Matt Taylor and Fabrice Muamba

Post by BWSA » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:47 pm

fatshaft wrote:
BWSA wrote:
That's just a holding page? Where's the website?
It's being done as we speak. Probably won't be ready in time for the 23rd which is why the holding page has been put up. We had to wait for some sponsorship money to land before we could go ahead with it. Just one of those things.

BWSA
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWSA » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:52 pm

East Lower wrote:I'd love to come, but first answer me this - is it still run by that committee of old biddies?
Average age of the committee is now about 41. The aim of the next 12-24 months is to get a more accurate cross-section of supporters involved.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:45 pm

East Lower wrote:I'd love to come, but first answer me this - is it still run by that committee of old biddies?
You should have come to the last meeting when the "old biddies" in the audience were giving the prospective new committee members a right old shouting at!!! 3 or 4 new members who I think are attached to various fan websites - like this one-were voted on to the committee as it was pointed out that if this didn't happen then in all likelyhood BWSA would fold.

If the advert for the next meeting is a sign of what's to come then it has to be better than 20 or 30 people in a room that holds a couple of hundred and was on many occasions an embarrassing turn out of supporters to greet players and officials from BWFC.

Although I have enjoyed attending the BWSA meetings in the past I have to say I am really looking forward to future meetings if this is the sort of thing that will be on offer.

One complaint that is nothing to do with BWSA - watch the bar prices they are rather steep !!!

See you there.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

BWSA
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWSA » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:08 pm

You're spot on about the bar prices and it's on the list of things to get sorted. One of the ways it will be resolved will be if more people turn out and the demand at the bar is higher - that way we'll be in a stronger position to argue the case for a subsidy.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:15 pm

I'm more intruiged about these roadrunner vids - can they be ordered online?

BWSA
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWSA » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:24 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:I'm more intruiged about these roadrunner vids - can they be ordered online?
Not at the moment. Jimmy who filmed them and owns the rights doesn't really push them as a business. Basically you can ask him for any game from 88-95 and he'll have it. It's worth coming on the night - we'll try to get a table set up for him with some contact details and booking forms. Plenty of time for all orders to be delivered in time for Christmas as well.

I went into sales speak mode there for a minute...

T's & C's apply. Your home is at risk if you do not keep up payments.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:29 pm

Is this all about that 'gang of four' business? Heard some old crows moaning about it on the way to Wolverhampton.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:06 pm

BWSA wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:I'm more intruiged about these roadrunner vids - can they be ordered online?
Not at the moment. Jimmy who filmed them and owns the rights doesn't really push them as a business. Basically you can ask him for any game from 88-95 and he'll have it. It's worth coming on the night - we'll try to get a table set up for him with some contact details and booking forms. Plenty of time for all orders to be delivered in time for Christmas as well.

For all those of us bolton exiles but still in this country where its easy enough to ship too...any chance you could see what the crack would be about ordering a few? An email address ro what have you would be good.

I'm thinking Swindon carling cup semi (already have the VHS but no player!), a couple of the Wolves victories....probably some of the white hotters as well...pretty obvious choices really.

I'm not travelling 2 hours for a meeting, good luck to you guys, but if anyone can ask about the above - muchos gracias.

BWSA
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWSA » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:31 pm

Officer dibble, we'll have a word with Jimmy from Roadrunner about getting a definite list uploaded somewhere online (probably on the upcoming BWSA website which can then be copied by all the forums). There are a few highlights videos and a couple of 'specials' that need to be confirmed but we need to check with him what's the best way to order and pay for the DVDs or videos. I'll update you after Tuesday night - hopefully we'll have a better idea of how to sort it by then but certainly there shouldn't be an issue posting them to exiled Whites anywhere in the world.

Those who do attend on Tuesday will be able to ask Jimmy himself about the collection and we'll have some order slips sorted as a temporary measure.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:40 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
BWSA wrote:

For all those of us bolton exiles but still in this country where its easy enough to ship too...any chance you could see what the crack would be about ordering a few? An email address ro what have you would be good.

I'm thinking Swindon carling cup semi (already have the VHS but no player!), a couple of the Wolves victories....probably some of the white hotters as well...pretty obvious choices really.

I'm not travelling 2 hours for a meeting, good luck to you guys, but if anyone can ask about the above - muchos gracias.
I've still got a VHS player just for the roadrunner vids, and off-air recordings of Wanderers matches... sometimes it's fab to look again at Arsenal in the cup (highlights - both games - great interviews with Bruce), Sinstadt commentating on the 2-0 victory at Anfield in the cup... Hull away on a Friday night... :D

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:12 pm

You da man William.....still got some games kicking about on VHS somewhere but bought some on DVD now, but obviously not the roadrunner ones...

BWSA fella, that would be great mate and much appreciated

In time for Christmas - even better! :mrgreen:

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:41 pm

I've not seen Jimmy Phillips' wonder strike against Wolves in the 5-1 since the day it happened, if I can pick up the review dvd from that season then Christmas will have well and truly come early

BWSA
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BWSA » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:45 pm

P.O.S. wrote:I've not seen Jimmy Phillips' wonder strike against Wolves in the 5-1 since the day it happened, if I can pick up the review dvd from that season then Christmas will have well and truly come early
That was Feb 1995 so the full game will be available and probably that goal will feature in the highlights DVD.