Internet digging needed

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Internet digging needed

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:04 pm

Boys 8)

I'm in the process of trying to prove to the lads at work that Super Kev ( :pray: ) once scored a wonder goal for Southampton v Everton at Goodison, but I cannot for the life of me find it on't net.

So I ask you clever types to help....

ta in advance

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Internet digging needed

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:07 pm

It says he scored it on Wikipedia.

Hope this helps. :D
Businesswoman of the year.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Wasn't it goal of the season? '97 - '98 springs to mind.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:13 pm

If you scroll down, it describes it here under his time at Southampton:

http://www.gfdb.com/Player.3524.Kevin-Davies.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've tried looking before, never found it. Or that time he megged ferdinand before slotting hom against Utd. That was a class goal an all.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:If you scroll down, it describes it here under his time at Southampton:

http://www.gfdb.com/Player.3524.Kevin-Davies.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've tried looking before, never found it. Or that time he megged ferdinand before slotting hom against Utd. That was a class goal an all.
"Kevin Davies currently lives with Kevin Davies wife Emma"

Bet Kevin Davies ain't happy about that
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Southampton
Kevin Davies moved to Southampton F.C. in May 1997 and, in Kevin Davies first spell with them, scored nine league goals and impressed. Kevin Davies scored a great solo goal against Everton F.C. at Goodison Park and also headed the winner in a 1-0 win against Manchester United F.C..

All I've found so far.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:55 pm

His goal, after 53 minutes, was outstanding. Receiving the ball inside his half on the right wing he swept past an apology of a challenge from John Oster, cut inside Andy Hinchcliffe and left Craig Short and Danny Williamson in his wake before side-footing past Neville Southall.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 91794.html

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:34 pm

East Lower wrote:Boys 8)

I'm in the process of trying to prove to the lads at work that Super Kev ( :pray: ) once scored a wonder goal for Southampton v Everton at Goodison, but I cannot for the life of me find it on't net.

ta in advance
I win the prize but what is it?

Would I call it a 'wonder goal'. No but it's not bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXOdV0cBtVI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From 1min 08sec
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

chaddy_bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by chaddy_bwfc » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:07 pm

Just found this article and it reminded me that there was a topic in here about it.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... al_search/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KEVIN Davies is scouring the internet for his golden goal against Everton to provide him with a perfect pick-me-up for Sunday’s clash.

Just over 13 years since he stunned Goodison Park with a solo dribble from half way while playing for Southampton, the Wanderers skipper admits he wouldn’t mind another view of his handy work before taking on the Toffees again.

“I can’t find it on YouTube anywhere,” he said. “It was Southampton against Everton and I think it was my first season in the Premier League.

“I got it in my own half and went past a couple of players, I think Gary Speed was one of them, jumped past a few more and then slotted it past big Neville Southall.

However the video that used to be on youtube has been taken down because of copyright. Can anyone find another video of it?

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:46 pm

malcd1 wrote:
East Lower wrote:Boys 8)

ta in advance
I win the prize but what is it?

Would I call it a 'wonder goal'. No but it's not bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXOdV0cBtVI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From 1min 08sec
Blocked in your country for copyright reasons.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Surely he can afford to send off to Southampton for their 97-98 season review?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:22 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Boys 8)

ta in advance

Why not apeal to Davo directly he may have it, I'm 99.9% sure some of the players lurk round a few of the forums from time to time.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:37 pm

Hoboh wrote:

ta in advance

Why not apeal to Davo directly he may have it, I'm 99.9% sure some of the players lurk round a few of the forums from time to time.
He was interviewed on TV the other day and said that he didn't have a copy of the goal and would appreciate it if someone found it.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:58 pm

Riviman wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

ta in advance

He was interviewed on TV the other day and said that he didn't have a copy of the goal and would appreciate it if someone found it.
Seems to me malcd already did find it. Kev should read TW - tweet him someone.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:44 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Riviman wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

ta in advance

Seems to me malcd already did find it. Kev should read TW - tweet him someone.

content blocked, I'm afraid.

well I'm not afraid like, but it's blocked.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:54 am

coz of the music probably. da kids always put shit music on nearly silent vids..

its robbie 'pissed on his chips' williams. It used to work "in your country" but not now. its still up tho.

*cough*

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:06 pm

Verbal wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote: Seems to me malcd already did find it. Kev should read TW - tweet him someone.

content blocked, I'm afraid.

well I'm not afraid like, but it's blocked.
That's very odd because it works for me - usually videos are restricted to the UK but perhaps this is restricted from the UK. If I knew how to download it I'd try to get it you (but I don't). KD is much younger and thinner.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote: That's very odd because it works for me - usually videos are restricted to the UK but perhaps this is restricted from the UK. If I knew how to download it I'd try to get it you (but I don't).
its restricted becoz the stupid bastard that made it http://www.youtube.com/user/saintsforlife dubbed a robbie williams record over the top. kevindavies's twitter mates could mither him [this southampton fan] to put a 'clean' version up.

he'll probably dub a prince song over it next time so it'll get taken down even faster

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:24 pm

a1 wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote: That's very odd because it works for me - usually videos are restricted to the UK but perhaps this is restricted from the UK. If I knew how to download it I'd try to get it you (but I don't).
its restricted becoz the stupid bastard that made it http://www.youtube.com/user/saintsforlife dubbed a robbie williams record over the top. kevindavies's twitter mates could mither him [this southampton fan] to put a 'clean' version up.

he'll probably dub a prince song over it next time so it'll get taken down even faster
But why does it work for me? :conf:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:28 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
a1 wrote:

But why does it work for me? :conf:
cos it's baeen raeuploaded without the offaending copyright music?