Bolton v Wolves

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bolton v Wolves

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:19 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:No pal, that was for you
no it wasn't - it was for the poster who compared his performance with Vaz Te..

you're being nice to Rodders - which is lovely (and warms my heart) - I just can't see why you'd single him out for warm fuzziness...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:22 am

Rodrigo looked proper wank when he came on.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:24 am

Careful, someone has posts to boost.

He looks lively, but the lack of an end-product is a worry.

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:27 am

thebish wrote:
elfil76 wrote:
I agree.. Jussi didn't do anything much throughout the match due to toothless wolves attack and when he was needed, he was rooted to the ground yet again.

he was wrong-footed by a huge deflection - just as Al Habsi would have been and Bogdan.[/quote]
IMO (I anit is only IMO) Al Habsi and Bogdan would have at least made a movement towards the ball when they saw the deflection - they may not have got there, but the attempt would have been there -and they would have been nearer to it, and therefore in with a better chance of dealing with the rebound. Jussi stood like a statue legs akimbo and rooted to the spot.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:29 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Careful, someone has posts to boost.
indeed - currently 13.28 posts per day (and rising), I believe...

I'll stick with my much more modest and and withdrawn 6.69

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:31 am

Can't believe the utter bollocks about Jussi.

There was nothing any keeper in the world could have done about the deflection that left him completely wrong footed and unable to do anything but hope it missed.

If you're trying to make out he had a bad game last night because of that (or any other reason) then you're just blinkered and working far too hard.

Oh and I watched Habsi against West Brom t'other night. Good shotstopper no doubt, but commands his box even less than Jussi and flaps all over the show at times.

From what I saw and have seen, I'd still have Jussi as number one by some way!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:32 am

Bruno3 wrote:
thebish wrote:
elfil76 wrote:
I agree.. Jussi didn't do anything much throughout the match due to toothless wolves attack and when he was needed, he was rooted to the ground yet again.

he was wrong-footed by a huge deflection - just as Al Habsi would have been and Bogdan.[/quote]
IMO (I anit is only IMO) Al Habsi and Bogdan would have at least made a movement towards the ball when they saw the deflection - they may not have got there, but the attempt would have been there -and they would have been nearer to it, and therefore in with a better chance of dealing with the rebound. Jussi stood like a statue legs akimbo and rooted to the spot.
Maybe the mark of a really good keeper is that he knew he was beaten? If you're saying the other two wouldn't have got to it either, why dive? After all, with him still on his feet, if it (as it did) rebounds off the post he is in a better position to deal with any follow up.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:32 am

Bruno3 wrote: IMO (I anit is only IMO) Al Habsi and Bogdan would have at least made a movement towards the ball when they saw the deflection - they may not have got there, but the attempt would have been there -and they would have been nearer to it, and therefore in with a better chance of dealing with the rebound. Jussi stood like a statue legs akimbo and rooted to the spot.
we'll never know - but I still think it is a bit harsh to call Jussi for such a wickedly deflected shot...

(Al Habsi has been beaten at wigan a few times... :wink: )

spikeykev
Promising
Promising

Post by spikeykev » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:23 am

when they hit the post he was stood, yet again, with feet rooted to the spot - no reactions whatsoever

Give me a break no keeper in the league would've saved, or even got close to that. If he had dived and the ball deflected back off the post onto Jussi and went in you would still probably be whining like a baby, even though he made an effort to save it. He made some good saves in the cup match as well, still a quality keeper and would rather have him in goal than Bodgan any day of the week.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:28 am

correct me if I am wrong - but against chelsea Jussi was criticised for diving at a shot rifled in from the edge of the area... leaving him on the floor... that shot bounced off a defenders leg - back to the chelsea player who then scored...

seems Jussi is damned if he does - and damned if he doesn't.

I suspect that without that deflection - Jussi was perectly placed simply to catch the ball and bowl it out to Rodders who would have scampered up the other end and scored... :wink:

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:37 am

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/bolton/the-saviour-cometh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Match report by MJH-12.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Taylor never looked like scoring his chance to me.
Jarvis never looked like scoring his, to me.

Still some jaded eyes round here. Understandable. It wasn't a classic performance, it was a nervous one. But it was a win, with a clean sheet. Intriguing to see what happens next.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:47 pm

3 points, clean sheet, we can only get better, happy days!

Our forwards need to wake up tho'

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:07 pm

t_o_molloy wrote:I thought Rodrigo was extraordinarily shite last night.
Really? Him and Holden were the ones chasing the Wolves defence which lead to the goal, I said that was pretty important?
Pfffft.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:12 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:If you're saying the other two wouldn't have got to it either, why dive? After all, with him still on his feet, if it (as it did) rebounds off the post he is in a better position to deal with any follow up.
Exactly
Sto ut Serviam

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:15 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Really? Him and Holden were the ones chasing the Wolves defence which lead to the goal, I said that was pretty important?
And Rodrigo had the awareness to think "Give em a throw in and they'll feck it up".

Genius if you ask me!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:16 pm

DJBlu wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
And Rodrigo had the awareness to think "Give em a throw in and they'll feck it up".

Genius if you ask me!
:lol:

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:17 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:If you're saying the other two wouldn't have got to it either, why dive? After all, with him still on his feet, if it (as it did) rebounds off the post he is in a better position to deal with any follow up.
Exactly
Talking about this in the office today.

Had he dived it would have no doubt rebounded in off his back or would have fallen to the on coming attacker.

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:19 pm

DJBlu wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
Exactly
Talking about this in the office today.

Had he dived it would have no doubt rebounded in off his back or would have fallen to the on coming attacker.
Instead he managed to stay perfectly still for around 5 seconds and let Paul Robinson clear up the mess :wink:
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

t_o_molloy
Promising
Promising

Post by t_o_molloy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:19 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
His first touch was shite, some of his attempted passes were appalling, and he always tries cutting inside despite him already being on his stronger foot - he can't beat a man. I am a fan of Rodrigo, not buying into the ridiculous hype some fans have given him but I genuinely believe a fully fit Danny Ward would offer more than Rodrigo.