Fulham on Sunday - FA Cup

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Fulham on Sunday - FA Cup

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:08 am

Mummy wrote: "I had a quick Doom Bar in the Eight Bells before the game - didn't see you, Enfield?"

No, my trip to the bar was doomed. :(

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:58 am

Mummy wrote: "How the f*ck does Enfield not know how to use the quote function after all these years?!"
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:07 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:He's got a good first touch, he can tackle and he can head. I've also noticed that he's quickly learning to get stuck in. He's no slouch either.

I'd say a youngster with those core attributes has a better chance than most to develop.
Not sure about the first touch... certainly his distribution and crossing are dreadful, though I accept he has yet to have time to get used to the faster game in the UK.

He can tackle... in that sort of last ditch out-of-position way that Hunt could.

My feeling is that he's not got it. But I'd love him to prove me wrong and do the business for us.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:32 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote: Not sure about the first touch... certainly his distribution and crossing are dreadful, though I accept he has yet to have time to get used to the faster game in the UK.
He can tackle... in that sort of last ditch out-of-position way that Hunt could.
My feeling is that he's not got it. But I'd love him to prove me wrong and do the business for us.
He has got enthusiasm and energy and I'm sure, with a bit of time and experience, he'll come good. His second half last week was way better than the first. I think he's a prospect and just needs a bit more familiarity with the players around him..
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:30 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Mummy wrote: "How the f*ck does Enfield not know how to use the quote function after all these years?!"

I know how to do this:

:fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :fingers: :grin:

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:19 am

:lol: