Whites vs Newcastle

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Whites vs Newcastle

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:19 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
keveh wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:ffs who cares? does anybody ever read em anyway?
:pissed:
Some people would rather read the reports than read the crap that some members come out with on here.
To be brutally honest, Kev, that's shite.

'The crap that some members come out with on here' forms the very life of this place.

Run a poll as to how many actually read match reports on here.
Not sure it's shite Brucie. Some members may well prefer to read the reports. Not sure what a poll would achieve, particularly - oh look there's only 20 people read the reports and we have 4,000 members so lets stop doing reports? Do you then run a poll regarding what members "post shite that isn't the very life of the place"?

It's not that difficult. If you don't want to read them, don't, but why deny the opportunity for others to be able to do so?

:conf:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:26 pm

im getting quite giddy now, must go to bed. being picked up at 9am! trouble with being this excited is the harsh crest fall when it goes tits up!

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
'The crap that some members come out with on here' forms the very life of this place.
But presumably you don't read the reports because you think they're crap?

I enjoy reading them.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:44 pm

I read 90% of them and enjoy it. There's some quirky and talented writers hanging around this place.

sidewaysmove
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by sidewaysmove » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:58 am

Wandering Willy wrote:
sidewaysmove wrote:The earlier one buys train tickets, the cheaper they are! Therefore buying them in advance makes sense!
As for the match tickets, I just can't understand why we can't pay on the day if we haven't sold out...

I'll be surprised if you can't , though the BWFC site says not, they have been wrong before.

The game is not a sell out, home or away, so at worst get tickets with the home fans. I am sure you can do something at the ticket office when you get there. Maybe get a friendly Geordie to help out. Good luck.
Thanks mate. Yes, they have been wrong before, we are just going to set off. The home ends aren't sold out so I'm sure we'll be fine.
The infuriating thing is; why did BWFC leave it so bloody late to put it on their official site that we can't pay at the turnstiles?!?

sidewaysmove
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by sidewaysmove » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:09 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
sidewaysmove wrote:
sidewaysmove wrote:Does anyone know if Bolton fans can pay at the turnstiles for this?
Thanks for the replies :(

Once again the ticket office have let us down by not being clear on ticket info. We've booked train tickets, weeks ago, so just going to set off!

Everyone is a bit confused as to why we can't pay at the turnstiles but yet home fans can.
Hi Sidewaymove.

On the day that we played Wolves away I found myself leaving London earlier than I thought I would. As such, driving up the M40 I rang our ticket office to see if I could pay on the gate at Moulinex, as I was pretty much passing the place and what a wonderful unexpected opportunity.

The conversation went;

Me: Hi, can I pay on the gate at Wolves?
BWFC: We don't know yet; we're waiting on a call from their ticket office.
Me: Really? Ok, can you give me the number of the Wolves ticket office and I'll call them myself?
BWFC: Sure it's .......

Me: Hi, I'm a Bolton supporter. Can I pay on the gate today?
WWFC: We don't know yet. We're waiting on a call from BWFC to let us know how many tickets are unsold.

And that's what we're up against as football supporters. Absolute wankers who's very job it is to sort stuff as simple as buyer-meets-seller out.
You are obviously a calmer person than me! Every time I have phoned BW, I find my stress levels rise! Why they couldn't put the info on their website sooner than Friday evening, really does beggar belief.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:32 am

Presumably, if there are only say about 50 tickets left they wouldnt advertise that they were available on the day as they could be snapped up pretty quickly and that would leave some travelling fans disappointed, even tho the TO told them they would be able to pay on the day!? Those 50 tickets will be available tho, just get there early enough and explain.

Ive done it before where no away tickets were available bit it was by no means sold out, so we paid in the home end in the block next to the away end, then once inside explained our situation to a steward and they let us across the barrier. thet wasnt at NUFC tho btw, Middlesbrough iirc.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:54 am

Not sure if I should be looking forward to this game or not. Feel we could win 3-1 but could also very easily lose the game. Still my day has gone well so far, so predict a win with Sturridge to score again.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:23 am

Wandering Willy wrote:But presumably you don't read the reports because you think they're crap?
Not at all, fella. I've long been an advocate of these things being more of a 'personal experience' kind of thing rather than have people just type up stuff that everyone knows anyway kind-o-thang.
May the bridges I burn light your way

keithbwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by keithbwfc » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:36 am

come on you whites! really really really dont like newcastle :evil:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:45 pm

Anyway, bit quiet on here, so COYWM.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Lineup is

Jussi
Robinson/Cahill/Wheater/Alonso
Elmander/Holden/Muamba/Petrov
Sturridge/Davies

Davies/Steinsson/Moreno/Lee/Bogdan/Taylor/Klasnic

Strong bench, although not happy with Elmo plonked out on the right. Get Lee out there FFS!

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:23 pm

I guess Steinsson is super low on fitness too, hence Alonso/Robbo starting. He's probably on the bench as emergency cover?

chaddy_bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by chaddy_bwfc » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:26 pm

CarlosHernandez wrote:Lineup is

Jussi
Robinson/Cahill/Wheater/Alonso
Elmander/Holden/Muamba/Petrov
Sturridge/Davies

Davies/Steinsson/Moreno/Lee/Bogdan/Taylor/Klasnic

Strong bench, although not happy with Elmo plonked out on the right. Get Lee out there FFS!
Completely agree! It frustrates me that CY Lee has been dropped for a striker that isn't as that good out on the wing and leaves us exposed down the right!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Tbf Mandy didn't do too badly last time he played Newcastle...
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

chaddy_bwfc
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by chaddy_bwfc » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:29 pm

Verbal wrote:Tbf Mandy didn't do too badly last time he played Newcastle...
no but he played up front, not on the right wing

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Nolan and Coloccini have it in for Elmander anyway. Could do with a sending off again or penalty ;)

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:35 pm

Jose Enrique is probably their best player so Elmander on the right will have to do a job going backwards and has a tough test going forwards, as Lee would have.

I hope Elmo has been watching videos of the first game all week though. Colo and Williamson are probably glad he's not their direct opponent again.

Tiote is a good player but we know Nolan's not at his strongest in a 4-4-2 so hopefully the mobile duo of Muamba and Holden can do well. Expect Barton to tuck in a bit though so they might need some help now and then. When we have the ball it'll probably be Alonso who has to start a lot of our moves.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jussi_jaji
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jussi_jaji » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Lee dropped??? I'm going back to bed. . .

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:43 pm

although we've stuck at 4-4-2 for the last few games id like to see a positive 4-3-3 with that line up mentioned, like the rest I agree elmander isn't the best on the wing but upfront i think we would be deadly.