Sturridge redeems himself?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Sturridge redeems himself?

Post by Hoboh » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:56 pm

DANIEL Sturridge had some words of comfort for Ivan Klasnic as he kept up his goal-a-game run for Wanderers.

The on-loan Chelsea striker got the nod ahead of Klasnic up front in Saturday’s 1-1 draw against Newcastle United, seizing his opportunity with a fourth goal in as many appearances since arriving from Stamford Bridge.

But Sturridge admits it was hard luck for the Croatia international, pictured, who had scored in consecutive cup games to help the Whites reach the FA Cup quarter finals before finding himself on the bench at St James’ Park.

“It’s not about me, it’s the team, and I was in Ivan’s position when I was at Chelsea,” said the 21-year-old striker. “I was coming in and scoring goals in the cup when I was there last season, got four in my first three games, and then didn’t play again.

“It shows you that it doesn’t matter how many goals you score, it’s the manager’s decision. It’s unlucky because Ivan has played well but the most important thing is the team mentality, driving forward as a team and not just as individuals.”

Sturridge had been cup-tied for previous victories over Wigan and Fulham, having netted twice for Chelsea in a 7-0 rout against Ipswich in the third round.

And while the England Under-21 international reckons it was hard to watch Klasnic and Co take centre stage, he will be backing them all the way to the final.

“I’m devastated to have missed out,” he said. “The side has been playing some excellent football without me, and I just hope they can go as far as they can in the cup.

“To win it would be fantastic and I’d certainly be going to Wembley to cheer them on. I won’t be getting a medal, which is unlucky for me, but the most important thing is the team and the winning mentality.

“I really do hope they go to Wembley and get a win because I think the team deserves it.”

Sturridge had made 21 appearances for Chelsea in all competitions this season, but had started just two Premier League games in 18 months prior to his decision to move out on loan.

And while he turned his back on the Champions League to move to the Reebok, the gamble has paid off handsomely for both sides.

“I’m delighted to be playing every game and playing 90 minutes, that’s the main thing,” he said. “As I’ve said before, the goals are not the issue for me. I’m not going on to the field and worrying about them.

“The goals are coming for me and I’m delighted with that, so if I can continue doing what I’m doing then it’ll be a great future for myself. I’m trying to work hard and the manager has instilled a lot of confidence since I have been here and let me play football the way I like to play it.

“I get to express myself on the pitch and go out there with no fear.”

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Re: Sturridge redeems himself?

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:18 pm

OMG!

lol

He's ace, the greedy nice person :doh:

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:42 pm

What exactly did he need redemption for?

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:49 pm

truewhite15 wrote:What exactly did he need redemption for?
I'm with you here.

We can afford around £40k a week. He's ambitious so of course he wants more money and more Champions League and more International caps etc. Not to mention we couldn't afford to buy him from Chelsea. He was just stating the obvious the other week, in a less than tactful way perhaps.

Some nice quotes here though.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:53 pm

truewhite15 wrote:What exactly did he need redemption for?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:21 pm

Redemption from planet hoboh... :mrgreen:

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:56 pm

He might have just got himself into hot water with tonight's tweets.
Arsenal's Defence Lack Communication And Authority Which Is Bred By Brits. We Dont Have That Problem And Neither Do Man United.
Chelsea Have/Had Joe Cole Ash Cole, Frank, JT and Myself. To Win English Prem You Need An ENGLISH Backbone. Sir Alex Will Attest I Assure.
Arsenal Have Amazing Indidual Players But Since They Lost Keown/Paurlour etc they Had No British Backbone To Help Them Win Titles And Cups
Bolton Gave Me My Chance And I Owe A Lot To Them. But I Showed My Ability Day In And Day Out At Chelsea And What Did It Get Me???
I Don't Care If What Im Saying Is Not Politically Correct. The Truth May Get Some Uptight People Huffing An Puffing But Thats Their problem.
Birmingham Winning The Cup = A Positive Day For English Football. The More Deserving Team Won! Arsenal Are A Disgrace!
I Admire Arsenal And Their Talent But They Need To Start Giving The Young English Lads Like Justin, Henri,Craig &Mark Randall A Fair Chance.
I Have No Problem OnA Personal Level Wit The Foreign Lads-Some Of My Closest Friends Are From Abroad- But I Am A Patriot And U Should Be To!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:05 pm

has he been on the ale?

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Actually, could be a fake profile, the other Bolton players aren't following him.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:24 pm

We should give the boy his own air rifle.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:57 pm

I don't do twatter but I've tried to search him and can't find that stuff
Sto ut Serviam

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:08 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:I don't do twatter but I've tried to search him and can't find that stuff
That suprises me, considering you're a........
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:14 pm

http://twitter.com/dannysturridge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Didn't search very hard. :D

If it is him, then he's deleted the tweets.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:33 pm

He could be a distant relative of Gordon Brown or Haperpersons love child for all I care as long as he averages a goal a game I'll forgive him.

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Why Does He Talk Like This? Very Annoying.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:52 pm

I'm still failing to see what he has to redeem himself from...

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Bad Grammar?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:25 pm

And while we're at it, is it such a difficult task to include the H on with?

I mean, if you're shortening a long word, then there may be an argument. But its one f*cking letter. You bastards.

Not that it makes my blood boil or anything. When there are far bigger things to be worrying about and stuff.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:40 pm

I'm down wit dat

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:01 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... SgA#t=548s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.