Bolton - Wet Spam

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Bolton - Wet Spam

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Gotta be a must win surely, hopefully Mavies is back, and according to SS Knight could be back for the cup final so if he's fit for this game do we risk him?
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bolton - Wet Spam

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Tals-biggest-fan wrote:Gotta be a must win surely, hopefully Mavies is back, and according to SS Knight could be back for the cup final so if he's fit for this game do we risk him?
Wheater is on 9 bookings. That could play a part with the Knight decision.

I don't think OC will risk Mavies.

I expect a similar sort of team possibly Knight if fit. Difficult balancing act between protecting players for the semi and not losing all momentum before it which we're in danger of doing as West Ham will be up for this, or at least they need to be!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:00 pm

I'm hoping the Spammers have had the wind knocked right out of their sails after losing heavily from a 2 goal lead.

I'm also wary of pre-Wembley injury avoidance.

So we need Davo to do his usual against these men.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Why in Gods name is it a must win

It's an irrelevance
Sto ut Serviam

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:06 pm

Draw would be nice. Win even more so. Truth be told, I'm just too excited for Wembley.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:11 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Why in Gods name is it a must win

It's an irrelevance

I think he possibly meant a nailed-on win rather than a must-win..

which it isn't either!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:12 pm

I think he meant so we can concentrate on the cup and not have to worry about the league.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:40 pm

I want a win. It's been too long since I've been to a home match now, and it's making me antsy. We want a good win, send us off to Wembley on a high!

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:40 pm

I'd like to see Taylor start in place of Cohen who was so far off the pace yesterday it was embarrassing at times. Save Mavis and CYL for the semi, if Knight is fit play in place of Wheater and save him for the semi a la Robinson.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Riviman wrote:I'd like to see Taylor start in place of Cohen who was so far off the pace yesterday it was embarrassing at times. Save Mavis and CYL for the semi, if Knight is fit play in place of Wheater and save him for the semi a la Robinson.
Yeah I'd go with that. And the worlds weakest fullback in the side as well....how many times did Alonso get bounced off by Larsson! They want to get him training against Kevin Davies this weak.

Other option would be Elmander in centre mid with Rodrigo wide right....I'm firmly in the save Chungy for the cup camp!

West Ham looking a lot tastier going forward at the moment, Noble/Parker/Hitzelsperger (decent record of scoring against us or is that just my memory playing tricks?) and Demba Ba/Pickyournose/Cantcontrol. Not bad that!

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:35 am

I'm coming up for this one. Really hope we win, but I too am more interested in the cup now.

I can't see the 9 of the 12 teams currently below ius all catching us up, so we're safe in the league. Let's beat them, as we normally do, but in a way that minimises bookings and suspensions.

My word do we need Mavies for Stoke after the Cohen-Muamba show.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:23 pm

Just had a scoot to the KUMB site. They don't seem over-optimistic and keep referring back to winning at Burnden in 1995. Wake up lads, that's sixteen years back. They do seem to think a little better of us than in the past if this is anything to go by. :wink:
Davies is still a very difficult player to play against and will, over 90 minutes, severely test Tomkins and Upson, as will Elmander too. He is excellent at creating space, both for himself and others in and around the penalty area and needs special watching. That Korean bloke Lee, needs close attention too and if we are to come away from there with anything, but if we do, it will be fully meritted. Personally, I have been immensely impressed with Bolton this season, they have played some great stuff and have even been very entertaining at times too. They are not 6th in that league nothing

Agree with all this and will add that Sturridge is on fire up there as well. They've got plenty of goals in them at the moment so I don't see us keeping a clean sheet, but, their defense is weakened with ..... (oh f**k it, I can't remember his name....) their best defender out for the rest of the season so we have to out score them (although I should add Wheater as a replacement is no slouch). At least it will be more a game of football than in the past, Coyle's got them playing a very watchable game now.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Just had a scoot to the KUMB site. They don't seem over-optimistic and keep referring back to winning at Burnden in 1995. Wake up lads, that's sixteen years back. They do seem to think a little better of us than in the past if this is anything to go by. :wink:
Davies is still a very difficult player to play against and will, over 90 minutes, severely test Tomkins and Upson, as will Elmander too. He is excellent at creating space, both for himself and others in and around the penalty area and needs special watching. That Korean bloke Lee, needs close attention too and if we are to come away from there with anything, but if we do, it will be fully meritted. Personally, I have been immensely impressed with Bolton this season, they have played some great stuff and have even been very entertaining at times too. They are not 6th in that league nothing

Agree with all this and will add that Sturridge is on fire up there as well. They've got plenty of goals in them at the moment so I don't see us keeping a clean sheet, but, their defense is weakened with ..... (oh f**k it, I can't remember his name....) their best defender out for the rest of the season so we have to out score them (although I should add Wheater as a replacement is no slouch). At least it will be more a game of football than in the past, Coyle's got them playing a very watchable game now.
It might be "complimentary" but its factually quite inaccurate!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:48 pm

do you think he is mistaking Holden for a defender?

or does he think Zat Knight or Ricketts is our "best defender"?

or... maybe he still thinks JLloyd is injured, and is still at the club - that'd make sense! :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:51 pm

thebish wrote:do you think he is mistaking Holden for a defender?

or... maybe he still thinks JLloyd is injured, and is still at the club - that'd make sense! :wink:
Indeed, but I'm glad we're 6th, was worried about being sucked into the bottom half there!

I assume he's just very confused all round.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:do you think he is mistaking Holden for a defender?

Indeed, but I'm glad we're 6th, was worried about being sucked into the bottom half there!

I assume he's just very confused all round.
I didn't check the date of posting but assume it's before Holden got injured and is referring to Zat Knight or maybe Rickets. Nothing's ever clear with Spammers.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:39 pm

Tickets selling well. South upper now open for home fans :pissed:
Attachments
west stand.png
west stand.png (25.17 KiB) Viewed 3412 times
north stand.png
north stand.png (26.09 KiB) Viewed 3412 times
east stand.png
east stand.png (24.1 KiB) Viewed 3412 times
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:39 pm

South Stand
Attachments
south stand.png
south stand.png (26.29 KiB) Viewed 3412 times
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:23 pm

That stand between FU1 and GU1 attract a rowdy element?
"Any useless person; any liar; any drunkard; anyone under the influence; anyone high on drugs; can talk on the Internet, and you read what he writes and you believe it."
- Muammar Gaddafi, 16/1/2011

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Grrrrrr.. It's the Lofthouse Stand.. Not the feckin' East stand!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"