Semi Final Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Semi Final Match Thread

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Bolton News are describing this as "arguably the most dissapointing result in the clubs history".

Ouch.
I know it's obviously it's still fresh in everyone's minds, but I don't think that can be argued with much. IIRC, it is the worst dicking any side has ever got in an FA Cup game played at Wembley.

Being as much of our entire history is built around that Cup and that place (the White Horse final, the Matthews final and Nat in '58), it's definately not a glorious addition to our CV.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:37 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLP4FSel ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The reason Ali should be our number one for next season is for saves like these
Pfffft.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKOJYy669CM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sto ut Serviam

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:34 pm

we can all do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li_JerJ- ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:35 pm

Tombwfc wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Bolton News are describing this as "arguably the most dissapointing result in the clubs history".

Ouch.
I know it's obviously it's still fresh in everyone's minds, but I don't think that can be argued with much. IIRC, it is the worst dicking any side has ever got in an FA Cup game played at Wembley.

Being as much of our entire history is built around that Cup and that place (the White Horse final, the Matthews final and Nat in '58), it's definately not a glorious addition to our CV.
Bob on

I can't imagine anything worse ever happening on a football field!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:38 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
we can all do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li_JerJ- ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Indeed we can

But some of us wouldn't suggest decisions should be made cos of a game a few years ago

My view, fwiw, is that Jussi should've saved the second one

The other 4...nah
Sto ut Serviam

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Fair does

And re game a few years ago - Munich? He was pretty good in the run in that season as well IIRC.

But yeah its a view aint it. For me Jussi's on the wane and Al Habsi is looking better...and Bogdan, who knows? Might be better yet.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:46 pm

He was good...very good

Nowt to match Jussi at Hull, though

tbh I don't care what Coyle does...theres more important things in life than getting worked up over football
Sto ut Serviam

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:20 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
we can all do this

Indeed we can

But some of us wouldn't suggest decisions should be made cos of a game a few years ago

My view, fwiw, is that Jussi should've saved the second one

The other 4...nah
Wasn't basing my decision on just one match CAPS. He's become increasingly slow and alright the other four goals he couldn't do much about them but it's not like Al Habsi hasn't been Pie-eaters player of the season so far. I fear for when Jussi comes out of his goal, he doesn't command his area enough and we've all seen it in the last couple of seasons
Pfffft.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:02 am

I wonder, I just wonder, if OC has casually leaked the possibility of Jussi-dropping to test the waters, to test Jussi's mettle, to keep Bogdan happy, to tempt AAH back...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:04 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I wonder, I just wonder, if OC has casually leaked the possibility of Jussi-dropping to test the waters, to test Jussi's mettle, to keep Bogdan happy, to tempt AAH back...
I suspect this too. Nixon is his mouthpiece, so he has used the chance to perhaps ruffle a few feathers. Perhaps that is what needed to happen after Sunday.

Nobody should be sure of a place. Nobody. They should all have to earn one from scratch.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:18 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Nobody should be sure of a place. Nobody. They should all have to earn one from scratch.
Trust can be built up over years... but it can be destroyed in a day.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:34 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
P.O.S. wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Anyway, I went to the garage earlier and went to pull my wallet out, and out falls the match ticket and train tickets from the day...

I decided they're still going in the memorabilia box with the Bristol, Torquay, Tranmere, Liverpool, Reading, Watford, Preston, Villa, Middlesborough, Madrid, Munich, Sevilla, Aris, Lisbon, Wigan away, Birmingham away etc etc etc (ad infinitum) stuff. Its all part of the rich tapestry of following The Wanderers.

Even though sometimes it hurts.
Mines there too - my ticket from Wanderers 1-5 Coventry is in there still as well, it can go down at bottom of the pile with that one
Yep. The day before, asked by daughters, I pulled out all my old tickets and we sorted them into a photo album. At Wembley they were delightedly hoarding their tickets, train tickets and programmes - then on the way out (at about 7.30pm - we stayed behind to start to drink the pain away) they were handed scarves by some street sellers packing down. All this clart was lying around the DSB domicile till last night, when I had to say - you can keep it, by all means, but put it away in your bedroom... I don't want to see it staring up at me every day.

By the way, out of very minor interest, I wrote the two pages about the Burnden Disaster (and BW-SC 1993). Just saying, like. I wasn't the only TW contributor either...
To out myself... I wrote of Nat's 1953 season and the player profiles, and felt privileged to be asked... and i haven't even seen the programme yet... I'll look forward to reading yours, DSB... I gather they did include my dedication to my dad... My daughter said she cried when she read it... I did when I wrote it... And she bought me a copy 'just in case'...

Hey, ho, football... In our family we hug each other in defeat and victory, and always have... :D

I don't know of DSB's feelings, but i'd like to know if you guys felt we did well by the club... and say no if you didn't... For me, i felt i really needed to try and articulate what Nat meant... And that seemed a genuine responsibility... Scary one really...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:48 am

As said, I couldn't go. I got a friend to buy me a programme though. Whilst respecting and indeed enjoying the known TW contributors, I haven't been able to open it yet. Not sure I ever will. It could well go in the memorabilia bag unopened. Do. Not. Want. To.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:41 am

I must be the only person who didn't even SEE a programme seller.

Are they available online?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:37 am

You can have mine Gary for free if you like, PM me
Pfffft.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:01 pm

There is a contribution in the programme from one of our regular posters....

In terms of "value" and "Wembley", it was one of the better purchases of the day...

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Mine bloody wasn't. Picked it up at the end of the match only to find beer had cascaded down, soaked right through the programme and stuck most of the pages together.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:25 pm

Worthy4England wrote:There is a contribution in the programme from one of our regular posters....

In terms of "value" and "Wembley", it was one of the better purchases of the day...

:oyea: I noticed that as well....................

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:23 pm

Worthy4England wrote:There is a contribution in the programme from one of our regular posters....

Two...