Trotters take aim at The Gunners - Match Thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Trotters take aim at The Gunners - Match Thread

Post by elfil76 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:35 am

James B wrote:expecting a win against a far superior team just because of a huge disappointment is daft really. get real.

i think by the time this game comes around arsenal will be more or less be done in terms of the title race and the pressure will have eased off them a bit. i fear the worst.

hopefully we put in a dogged tough performance and try and defend well but hard to see that happening and i would say the same regardless of yesterday.
totally with you... I don't think this is the match that make us turn the corner. I am happy if we don't go into a bad run.
Last edited by elfil76 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:15 am

Optimism time....

It was confirmed today that if City win the league and finish 5th, Stoke won't get into Europe and it'll go to 6th place.

We're 6 points behind Liverpool with a game in hand and roughly even goal difference. Win all six, hope for a Spurs run of form and get the passports sorted.

No? Alright then.... :(

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:19 am

Tombwfc wrote:Optimism time....

It was confirmed today that if City win the league and finish 5th, Stoke won't get into Europe and it'll go to 6th place.

We're 6 points behind Liverpool with a game in hand and roughly even goal difference. Win all six, hope for a Spurs run of form and get the passports sorted.

Possible... But could we still possibly be relegated? Seems about as likely I'm afraid...
Even if we made sixth they'd still try and find a way to give the scousers the place.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:19 pm

I'm working at my parents house, digging trees up and moving stuff about, sounds far more interesting to me at them moment
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Sounds therapeutic, Raven.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:26 pm

What gardening!

Better than Sunday I guess
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:27 pm

If you need any advice, I know a guy in Sheffield....
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:49 pm

Raven wrote:What gardening!

Better than Sunday I guess
Digging trees up! :oyea:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:36 pm

officer_dibble wrote:the only thing that could make me show any interest in this match is if he says no-one who started sunday starts for this
OK, I'll play along. Presumably: Bogdan; Gardner, Wheater, Connolly, Alonso; Taylor, Cohen, Mavis, Moreno; Blake, Sturridge.

We'd get bummed. I'm not sure we want that again.
LiOC wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:Optimism time.... It was confirmed today that if City win the league and finish 5th, Stoke won't get into Europe and it'll go to 6th place. We're 6 points behind Liverpool with a game in hand and roughly even goal difference. Win all six, hope for a Spurs run of form and get the passports sorted.

Possible... But could we still possibly be relegated? Seems about as likely I'm afraid...
Six points and two places behind 6th. Ten points and ten places above 18th. It might feel about as likely, but it's quite simply not.

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:50 pm

If we play like we did on Sunday, we will be annihilated. Exactly what Keveh said....just some serious effort would be nice!
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:42 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Optimism time....

Where were we in February 2004? In my head we were midtable, lost in that debacle, then went on to put a run together and finish 8th?

OPTIMISM BRIGADE!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Prufrock wrote:Where were we in February 2004? In my head we were midtable, lost in that debacle, then went on to put a run together and finish 8th?

OPTIMISM BRIGADE!
Before Cardiff: 10th
Then: LLLWLDWWWWWL
End of season: 8th

But Lge Cup final's in February, not April

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:12 pm

Ah, so we went shit straight after, then good. Dammit. Optimism brigade hereby disbanded.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Prufrock wrote:Ah, so we went shit straight after, then good. Dammit. Optimism brigade hereby disbanded.
Two of the three games immediately thereafter were Chelsea and Arsen... oh.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:16 pm

I don't know, there's a run of five wins and a draw in that lot. Lets do that.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:22 pm

We've still got the best value season tickets in the league, I don't want that loss column to tick up to 3 without a fight. Arsenal have spanked us about 10 times in a row and have the best away record in the league but they're probably as mentally fragile as we are right now, so you never know really.

Keep going til the end, they might find a new way to screw up and not beat us...
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:25 pm

i feel terrible for posting this in this thread after the thought of all them 'bandwaggoners' who went to Wembley and won't be there on Sunday, but...

is this on SKY with it being on a sunday?
i'm away for an extended weekend (courtesy of the Mrs) but if it is on TV, i'll move heaven and earth to find a TV with it on!
would bloody love to be there at the Reebok on Sunday. I feel wierd for having the highest passion to be there, after Sundays inept rubbish, but i feel i want to be there to get behind the wounded Whites and show them who they are doing it all for!

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:28 pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:i feel terrible for posting this in this thread after the thought of all them 'bandwaggoners' who went to Wembley and won't be there on Sunday, but...

i'm away for an extended weekend (courtesy of the Mrs) but if it is on TV, i'll move heaven and earth to find a TV with it on!
would bloody love to be there at the Reebok on Sunday. I feel wierd for having the highest passion to be there, after Sundays inept rubbish, but i feel i want to be there to get behind the wounded Whites and show them who they are doing it all for!
Yes, it's on SKY - 4pm

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:29 pm

HMX wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warrior wrote:i feel terrible for posting this in this thread after the thought of all them 'bandwaggoners' who went to Wembley and won't be there on Sunday, but...

Yes, it's on SKY - 4pm

that'll bloody do for me!
i'll be sat in a pub in Wales with my BWFC shirt on. wearing it as proudly as i did 7 days previous in Brent, North London!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:51 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:the only thing that could make me show any interest in this match is if he says no-one who started sunday starts for this
OK, I'll play along. Presumably: Bogdan; Gardner, Wheater, Connolly, Alonso; Taylor, Cohen, Mavis, Moreno; Blake, Sturridge.

We'd get bummed. I'm not sure we want that again.
Cheers for playing

Team looks fine to me. I'd probably play Fabrice actually as for me he was the only one who stood up in that first half and I think its unfair to tar him with the same brush as every other bastard.

I'd rather be bummed with that team...if the "first" team play and win I'll be f*cked off cos they bottled it when it mattered. If they lose i'll be f*cked off cos they haven't gone for the jugular and tried to win. Draw either of the above depending on the nature of it.

At least if the stiffs play anything they get will be a bonus.

I'm still numb....I know this is exactly why I could not manage Bolton Wanderers, care too much and hurting too much right now...I know Coyle won't do the above and I know he's probably right, but thats how I feel - I cannot bear to see Jussi/Steinsson/Robinson/Cahill/Knight/Elmander/Davies/Petrat/Klasnic in our team at the moment...not forgiven!!!