Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Re: Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:17 am

:pray:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:53 pm

Abs wrote:
Lofthouse Lower wrote:Ramsay and Wilshere? One about three foot tall and the other too scared to tackle again? Aye, proper dominant :lol:
yeah and nasri and fabregas is giants. It seems some bolton fans are still stuck with the allardyce mentality. Btw why the hell is bolton fans making fun of us? It seems you guys are angry that we are not willing to spend 17 million on your GOOD Cb? Dont worry other teams will spend that money on him and you get your money end of august
To be fair, you are on their forum.

Some of them (i m sure you can tell which by their posts) are complete muppets and will never welcome you, but the rest are really nice and if you keep your head down and don't give it the big I AM you can actually have a sensible discussion on football with them. :wink:

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:26 pm

and posting bikini photos with your waps hanging out once in a while doesn't do any harm ;)
Last edited by Lofthouse Lower on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Abs wrote:
mrpiccollo wrote::laugh:
Gooner Girl/Boy wrote:Finish 10th? What are you on? :lmfao:

I'm not stupid enough to think we will win the league (though we do have a chance) but we won't finish below top 5, I can be pretty sure of that.

If we lose all the players you suggest then of course wenger will buy rather then just promote from within. He's got the fans on his back and he's not stupid enough given the pressure is on him to win trophies to not spend any money. Clichy may be replaced by Gibbs but sounds pretty likely we will get a CB in and if both nasri and fabregas go some more quality in centre mid. I'm not saying we will do a city and throw the money about everywhere but wenger will certainly splash the cash.
mrpiccollo wrote: but you get my point honestly if arsenal arent carefull we could be seeing them finishing more like 10th that 3rd

imagine losing nasri fabregas clichy and arsharvin and promoting from whithin its not gonna be as pretty as you are used too

especially with all the clubs around not afraid to splash cash on anyone and everyone ala man city

you are clearly delusional if you think arsenal could get top 5 without the aformentioned players "and not buying replacements" perhaps you should read what i said again!

lets be honest without fabregas alone from my list of possible losses you arent as good as

utd
city
liverpool
totenham
chelsea

your teams been hanging on like liverpool did for years while everyone else strengthens you guys lose players and get weaker replacements and without a goalscorer a decent keeper experienced mid and none shaky defence well your in the s**t

so yea top 10 could be a big wakup call ill be laughing even more at your comments^^ as you sell all your players and slide down the league love
so tottenham has bought no one and is about to lose modric and they will finish ahead of us. Liverpool will buy henderson, downing and adam and they will finish ahead of us because those players are so great? to much exaggeration when it comes to arsenal nowadays. And Im pretty sure fabregas and nasri are still arsenal players. fabregas is a key player and world class....he will be massive blow. Nasri not so much and will be easily replaced. 3 great months dont make you world class player :oyea:

If Nasri will be so easy to replace why hasn't Wenger already flogged him. Nasri is class IMO and still only 24.

Amazing how players suddenly become labelled shit when they want to leave a club.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:and posting bikini photos with your waps hanging out once in a while doesn't do any harm ;)
:lol:

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:41 pm

Savic means no Cahill to City then.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:42 pm

ChrisC wrote:

If Nasri will be so easy to replace why hasn't Wenger already flogged him. Nasri is class IMO and still only 24.

Amazing how players suddenly become labelled shit when they want to leave a club.
I'd rather keep Nasri then Fabregas if i had to choose. He was quality this season and we'd get more for Fabs, though i'm not too happy about selling either of our best players, if they want to go is it right to stop them?

drummergeek
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by drummergeek » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:02 pm

i think with wilshere showing his class this year and ramsey coming back from injury you could afford to let one go. I dont think fabregas will go as barca don't want to spend all of thier money on him this year. he is seen as xavi's replacement but xavi would still be infront of him at the moment.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:13 pm

mrpiccollo wrote:these forums would be so much better without all the arsenholes in it seems they dont get that this is a bolton wanderers forum not a fecking arsenal rag

everything i stated is true arsenal are going down the shitter dont get upset ladies its true all your players are jumping ship and your manager wont spend and cant buy quality for the amounts he will spend balking at 17 mil for cahill is a joke i swear id rather gary go anywhere but arsenal atleast he wont get that arsenhole mentality and you never know he may actually win something somewhere else

oh and btw just because your from melborne and decided to support arsenal when they were the invincibles doesent make your oppinion more valid infact it makes you look more like a fecking glory seeking tit atleast bolton fans are from bolton and actually watch there team!
Abs- some prick arsenal fan wrote:so tottenham has bought no one and is about to lose modric and they will finish ahead of us. Liverpool will buy henderson, downing and adam and they will finish ahead of us because those players are so great? to much exaggeration when it comes to arsenal nowadays. And Im pretty sure fabregas and nasri are still arsenal players. fabregas is a key player and world class....he will be massive blow. Nasri not so much and will be easily replaced. 3 great months dont make you world class player :oyea:
tell me these easy replacements son ! >fact is they dont exist not for the cash you guys will offer anyway what will happen is your gonna sell all your top stars and promote from whithin and buy gervinho and some other random french player that wont suit the bpl or play well for 6 months then you will all be crying we knew we should have payed 17 for cahill look at our shambles of a defence!! :lol: :lol:

i'm not from bolton does that make me a tit :)
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

drummergeek
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by drummergeek » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:22 pm

your avatar is mesmorising :shock:

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:59 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

I'd rather keep Nasri then Fabregas if i had to choose. He was quality this season and we'd get more for Fabs, though i'm not too happy about selling either of our best players, if they want to go is it right to stop them?
Another new signing chooses to move elsewhere
Velez Sarsfield's Ricardo Alvarez has decided to skip the two years of moping about never winning anything at Arsenal and go directly to Inter for £10m instead.

Heat666
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Heat666 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:16 pm

FYI

Arsenal given a 10-day deadline by Bolton Wanderers to sign Gary Cahill

Trotters want a £17 million cash deal completed by the end of next week for their England centre-back, despite the Gunners offering Carlos Vela and Henri Lansbury in part exchange

Arsenal have been given a 10-day deadline by Bolton Wanderers to sign Gary Cahill, Goal.com has learned.

Bolton have become increasingly frustrated by Arsenal's failure to make a formal move for the England international, even though the two clubs have held discussions about Cahill making the move down south.

As revealed by Goal.com last month, Gunners chief executive Ivan Gazidis had a private lunch with his Wanderers counterpart, chairman Phil Gartside, in Doncaster last month during the two-day Premier League AGM.

Arsenal are reluctant to meet the £17 million release clause in the defender's contract and are confident they can agree a deal for around £15m given Bolton's financial problems, with the club revealing debts of £93m in their last set of financial accounts.

It has been reported that the Londoners have offered youngsters such as Carlos Vela and Henri Lansbury as part of the deal but Bolton would prefer a straight cash agreement.

"Bolton want the deal done as soon as possible so they have plenty of time to make preparations for the new season without Cahill and formulate their transfer strategy," a source close to the negotiations told Goal.com.

"Basically, they want it all sorted out by the end of next week and if it isn't, then they might close the door on any deal until the next window."

Cahill has told friends that he wants to move to Arsenal and test himself in the Champions League, and is now playing a waiting game while the two clubs agree a transfer. Tottenham have already pulled out of the running, although Bolton are hopeful Manchester City and Chelsea will follow up enquires with formal offers to hike up the price.

Arsenal are unlikely to want to engage in a bidding war with the two big spenders, who will be able to offer packages that are more financially attractive.

Bolton boss Owen Coyle went on the record earlier this week in a bid to flush out interest from the Premier League big guns, saying the lack of a "concrete bid" was disruptive.
"It certainly doesn’t help the kid or me as a manager," said Coyle. "We have a top class player in our ranks. It’s frustrating for him and for everyone. I don’t want to lose him but if there was the right thing there for him, the sooner it happens the better for Gary and everyone.”
Check out my House mixes too: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD3aHG ... SZ6kZOHjtQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Similar to what Cahill (or so the story went) told some bloke in a pub in Chorley, about there being a 2 week deadline to sign him at which point Bolton would stop negotiations.

Seems a fair plan.

One from Henry Winter: "certain #afc players lobbying for cahill #bwfc. As with all english players...added premium"

Gwan' Jack. Get lobbying.
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:44 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Finish 10th? What are you on? :lmfao: I'm not stupid enough to think we will win the league (though we do have a chance) but we won't finish below top 5, I can be pretty sure of that.
As sure as Liverpool fans were two summers ago, after finishing second?

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:52 pm

If anyone bids £17mil for Cahill in between now and September 1st, we will accept it.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:52 pm

Hell yeah.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Finish 10th? What are you on? :lmfao: I'm not stupid enough to think we will win the league (though we do have a chance) but we won't finish below top 5, I can be pretty sure of that.
Do you seriously think we will finish mid table too? I know we are weak but it would be a major disaster to sink that far down...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:17 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Do you seriously think we will finish mid table too? I know we are weak but it would be a major disaster to sink that far down...
Forced, I'd say you should finish in the top six next year. Depends on transfers, natch, and we're in the extrapolatory silly season, but my point is that Liverpool fans thought their good thing would last forever; it's quite hard to slip out of the oligarchical collective at the top of the Premier/Champions League but that lot managed it.

Take nothing for granted; there are shadows over your shoulder. Luckily for you you have the money in the bank, but I agree with those Gooners who worry about Wenger not spending it on the right players. With very select exceptions your defence (including goalkeeper) has been a weak point since Graham's back four died, but that's been outweighed by your attacking prowess. That ability would be seriously compromised if (there's a word) Nasri and Fabregas both leave - and there's no doubt they both want to, which tells its own story. Arsenal seem like a great club to play for but no longer a good club to win things at.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Forced, I'd say you should finish in the top six next year. Depends on transfers, natch, and we're in the extrapolatory silly season, but my point is that Liverpool fans thought their good thing would last forever; it's quite hard to slip out of the oligarchical collective at the top of the Premier/Champions League but that lot managed it.

Take nothing for granted; there are shadows over your shoulder. Luckily for you you have the money in the bank, but I agree with those Gooners who worry about Wenger not spending it on the right players. With very select exceptions your defence (including goalkeeper) has been a weak point since Graham's back four died, but that's been outweighed by your attacking prowess. That ability would be seriously compromised if (there's a word) Nasri and Fabregas both leave - and there's no doubt they both want to, which tells its own story. Arsenal seem like a great club to play for but no longer a good club to win things at.
Fair points there, you have pretty much summed it up. I'm holding fire on forming firm opinions about how we will do next season til after the transfer window closes, theres a lot depending on the next few months and i think its fair to say next season is make or break for Wenger, some fans are really starting to get on his back already and others (myself included) are starting to have doubts. As you say, defence (since the legendary back 4 and the invincible season) has been a weak point but we have always got by with fantastic attacking. I find it hard to believe he would let Nasri AND Fabregas go... :?

Anyway, sorry, this shouldn;t really be in the Cahill thread. Got a bit sidetracked. :oops:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Fair points there, you have pretty much summed it up. I'm holding fire on forming firm opinions about how we will do next season til after the transfer window closes, theres a lot depending on the next few months and i think its fair to say next season is make or break for Wenger, some fans are really starting to get on his back already and others (myself included) are starting to have doubts. As you say, defence (since the legendary back 4 and the invincible season) has been a weak point but we have always got by with fantastic attacking. I find it hard to believe he would let Nasri AND Fabregas go... :?

Anyway, sorry, this shouldn;t really be in the Cahill thread. Got a bit sidetracked. :oops:
You can be a bit of a distraction!!! even setting off the porn filter at work :mrgreen: