Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Official Gary Cahill transfer thread

Post by Athers » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:38 am

Think he'll face the same issues the rest of the team are facing with the AVB issue of toned down philosophy...

He can't do any worse than just falling over while van Persie strolls through to goal though eh? :)

I reckon he wants to play Cahill and Luiz together...
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:46 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Indeed, Bozzer. And he'll get a lot more kudos when he's tidying up behind John Terry than Zat Knight.
I hope this meant in a footballing sense - otherwise I've got a mental image that's gonna put me off my dinner

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Athers wrote:Think he'll face the same issues the rest of the team are facing with the AVB issue of toned down philosophy...

He can't do any worse than just falling over while van Persie strolls through to goal though eh? :)

Good mate down here is a Chelsea fan, and this is what he thinks and indeed wants, given his appraisal of Terry this season.

My own take is that I think that Cahill could make up for the pace Terry now lacks and would benefit from playing alongside an experienced, commanding talker like Terry.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:48 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Athers wrote:Think he'll face the same issues the rest of the team are facing with the AVB issue of toned down philosophy...

Good mate down here is a Chelsea fan, and this is what he thinks and indeed wants, given his appraisal of Terry this season.

My own take is that I think that Cahill could make up for the pace Terry now lacks and would benefit from playing alongside an experienced, commanding talker like Terry.
he'll also benefit from playing with a team that has some of the possession!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:52 pm

thebish wrote:

he'll also benefit from playing with a team that has some of the possession!
Well, quite!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Until he shags his misses...
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:56 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:My own take is that I think that Cahill could make up for the pace Terry now lacks and would benefit from playing alongside an experienced, commanding talker like Terry.
Indeed... for club and country.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:12 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:My own take is that I think that Cahill could make up for the pace Terry now lacks and would benefit from playing alongside an experienced, commanding talker like Terry.
Indeed... for club and country.
I just saw a spitfire flypast and heard the strains of an orchestra playing the dam-busters... had to wipe a tear from my eye...

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Aww, he's so nervous!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... sea-bolton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:50 am

He's gone, move on' lock thread!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:16 am

Wish him the best, now let`s move on.

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:56 am

Hoboh wrote:He's gone, move on' lock thread!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:10 am

2399 wrote:
Hoboh wrote:He's gone, move on' lock thread!
:D

n035209
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by n035209 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:18 pm

He cant get in the team, even with Terry out. On the bench tonight. Get him back on loan. Job done.