Blackpool

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Blackpool

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Anyone have a stat on how much of the ball we had? Lads looked morr comfortable with it today then I have seen in a long time away from the 'Bok (last game I saw us away was at Sheffield). There second goal looked a real scramble but they hadn't threatened previous and didn't look like winning afterwards.

Despite that goal in the first half I thought Warnock did well to keep Ince quiet and Knight rose to his tole as Captain. Going forward we look good if not yet great. Eagles better on the right, Petrov enigmatic as usual and Lee can hopefully take some confidence from his goal and push on back to where he was beforr his brrak. NGog worked hard but not given much service.

A reasonable result, especially away from home, but we need to get the home form as close to perfection if we're to go up automatically this year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:25 pm

Played well enough. Should have seen it out. Fullbacks both roasted today but Ince and Phillips are both good players.

Midfield battled hard, still think that Andrews looks great in the holding role.

Our fans are thick as feck. Moaning when we keep the ball and build slowly, then also moaning when we launch it forwards.

We are miles better than we were under the clueless clown. Is that 1 defeat in 6 since he left? It's a start. Beat Barnsley at home next week and 8 points from 4 games will be excellent!

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:31 pm

The number of draws and losses this season after being in the lead is not acceptable

Forest H 2 2 after being in lead 2 1
Crawley A Lost 2 1 after being in lead 1 0
Hull A Lost 3 1 after being in lead 1 0
Leeds H 2 2 after being in lead 2 1
Wolves A 2 2 after being in lead 1 0
Boro A Lost 2 1 after being in lead 1 0
Blackpool A 2 2 after being in lead twice 1 0 and 2 1.

If we want to get anywhere this season, DF needs to make this his priority.
We're fine going forward, but attitudes need to change it's not coincidence that we concede so many when in front.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Played well enough. Should have seen it out. Fullbacks both roasted today but Ince and Phillips are both good players.

Midfield battled hard, still think that Andrews looks great in the holding role.

Our fans are thick as feck. Moaning when we keep the ball and build slowly, then also moaning when we launch it forwards.

We are miles better than we were under the clueless clown. Is that 1 defeat in 6 since he left? It's a start. Beat Barnsley at home next week and 8 points from 4 games will be excellent!

Agreed
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:44 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:Anyone have a stat on how much of the ball we had?
according to ye BBC - it was exactly 50:50

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Dougie says..
"It was a fantastic game of football, between two teams who wanted to win.

"We were in the lead twice and it was disappointing to concede, but over the 90 minutes, I felt a draw was a fair result.

"I thought we played some fantastic stuff attacking-wise and defended quite well.

"They never really cut us open that much so it was very pleasing from that aspect, and to get a couple of goals is also pleasing."
fantastic, fantastic, pleasing and pleasing with a hint of disappointing and fair

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:04 pm

Just got back in after ninety minutes sat on my hands with my gob shut in the home end. Their fans were increasingly nervous and frustrated. Ince excepted, they aren't a good team and given that he is apparently already lined up for OT in either January or next season, I can't see them challenging this year.

First half we looked calm, assured and steady on the ball. We used possession well and kept the ball, moving it quickly and keeping the pressure on. There was a yawning chasm between their centre backs which we exploited for the first goal, but after that we never managed to pick the right pass, despite N'Gog making the right runs. Their goal was a peach of a strike, but he ran with the ball from just inside his own half with no challenge. Poor midfield play for me.

The second half, we looked increasingly under pressure, yet never looked much in danger. I'd need to see their second goal again but it looked like we had chances to clear it and Spearing (?) left his post. Seemed like we had a couple of chances to win it at the end, but to be honest, I'm happy with a point and it gives us a base to push on from. 5 points from the last 3 matches is a good return in anyone's book.

Knight was the MOTM for me, again.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:29 pm

thebish wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Early days...points fine. We'd deffo of lost under Coyle. I'm hanging my hat on that, no matter what the pedant says. Shame we shiped equalisers twice but this is a massive mess for the Dougster to sort. Incremental improvements.

Interesting no Butterfield!
we'd definitely have lost if Butterfield had played....
Certain to. The guy must be 120 by now !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:43 pm

thebish wrote:Dougie says..

"We were in the lead twice and it was disappointing to concede, but over the 90 minutes, I felt a draw was a fair result.

"I thought we played some fantastic stuff attacking-wise and defended quite well.

"They never really cut us open that much so it was very pleasing from that aspect, and to get a couple of goals is also pleasing."
fantastic, fantastic, pleasing and pleasing with a hint of disappointing and fair
I like the fact he seems to be following the same games as us. Sounded like we defended quite well overall but switched off twice.Shouldnt need freedman to tell players to be sharp after we've scored.At least you get the feeling the goals will be analysed and learned from rather than put down to bad luck.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:

I like the fact he seems to be following the same games as us. Sounded like we defended quite well overall but switched off twice.Shouldnt need freedman to tell players to be sharp after we've scored.At least you get the feeling the goals will be analysed and learned from rather than put down to bad luck.
I could have sworn after we scored the first Dougie called two players over to the bench for a quick word. Maybe along the lines of 'don't get carried away' (purely guessing ofc)...shame it didn't work!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:15 pm

Ianmooreslovechild wrote:

Agreed

Under coyle it would be down to bad luck, injuries, decisions, god but under freedman you get the impression he'll work on the mistakes in training
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:21 pm

Hoe does fantastic rate against teriffic?

I'm a little unsure...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:31 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I'd need to see their second goal again but it looked like we had chances to clear it and Spearing (?) left his post.
The header back across goal was the problem. Totally unmarked player from a free kick.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:36 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

Hoe does fantastic rate against teriffic?

I'm a little unsure...
I'm sure "fantastic" is a very much upgraded and more competent version of "terrific"! 8)

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Bit gutted about it being a draw but still have the optimism. 3 games unbeaten (alright it's a win and two draws) but it's certainly something to build on
Pfffft.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Fcuk me. Just realised Kevin Phillips didn't score!

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 pm

How did Ngog do?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Reasonably OK, as a one-off result, but the trouble is Cptn. Chaos left us in such poor shape we need wins not draws.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Just a quick something I'm ashamed to say that I forgot to say earlier;

If you were there today then fair play to you. The fans today were amazing, never stopped singing. The bouncey thing looked fantastic from the other side of the stadium :oyea:
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:19 pm

As you walk in you see signs saying 'Please do not jump up and down' etc...

Felt like the beginning of a Final Destination film.

Got to say, Burys ground is better than that Piss poor shed of a stadium!