Bolton vs Chelsea

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Bolton vs Chelsea

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Can OC not just say whatever he says at halftime before the match?
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:31 pm

Coyle can, rightly. point at the loss of 2 or our best 3 players

He can point towards the slide in performance of 2 manistays of our recent succesful period

I'll give him akll that

I'll point at the fact this is his team, with his signings, and he looks totally unable to send ateam out to make it difficult for the opposition

We actually played some decent stuff first half, but every time they came forward, they looked likely to score

They strolled through us time and time again...what was this great plan that allowed their Campo to continually run 60 yards unchallenged

Schoolboy errors
Sto ut Serviam

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Aye, but Lee and Megson never managed a goal at the Bok against Chelsea. Neither did Allardyce for the last 5 years. We have the worst run of results against Chelsea of any match up of teams in the Premier League. Before today. Its not like we've been covering ourselves in glory against them previously.

And its not like piss poor performances at Wigan when in desperate need of a result have ever lead to a manager being shown the door here either.
Being bottom of the league though with a PPG of less than 0.5 has though. And we are in that kind of territory. We are so bad it's beyond a joke. Can't see Eddie Davies letting this run of defeats go on much longer can you?
Having witnessed the debacle of Megson, I would say yes, til about christmas.
We were still getting at the least a PPG under Megson so we were always in touch fact is we are miles worse currently, because we are gifting teams goals with no pressure, and we have no fight or battle at all!

Question, if we can't get 3 points against Wigan or Norwich which teams would you earmark to get us up to the 40 total?
Coyle's PPG is still better than Megson's. But only just. You can't take a run of games like we've just had, and draw a general comparison. Over the last 38 games with Coyle in charge, we've managed 40 points - Megson's last 18 we managed 36.

That said, we are a disorganised rabble and the performances have been unacceptable. The performace against Norwich, for me was more worrying than today's, because we clearly had little clue against a recently promoted team with little spending power.

What's really worrying is the fact he seems to have no notion what our best team/formation is. How anyone could dream that Petrov, Pratley, NRC and Gardner constitued a decent midfield is completely beyind my comprehension.

I don't agree that he has until Christmas. Think if he's not got us out of the shite by end of November, then we need to do some serious thinking. Don't think I'd want a new manager to come in just in time for January's fixtures.
My point was we've had tough fixtures, but if it doesnt change in the next 2/3 we will be PPG (this season) miles worse off than anything Megson produced. He hung on till christmas because he managed 18 from 18. If we have say 3 or 4 from 10 then I can see Eddie and Phil having a think at least! Otherwise might be too late to turn things round!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Can OC not just say whatever he says at halftime before the match?
We're not chasing a game before it starts, so that wouldn't work.

MorphOS2.6
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by MorphOS2.6 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:35 pm

Indeed, Chelsea were in cruise control no need to break sweat in the second half

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:39 pm

are we still bottom then?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:44 pm

bbc wrote:Bolton boss Owen Coyle after his side's disastrous display against Chelsea, which included a couple of goalkeeping howlers in a 5-1 defeat: "Adam Bogdan knows he's had a difficult day today - the third and fourth goals should have been easily mopped up. That gave us an absolute mountain to climb."
I hope coyle doesn't imagine that Bogdan was the reason we lost....

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:46 pm

thebish wrote:
bbc wrote:Bolton boss Owen Coyle after his side's disastrous display against Chelsea, which included a couple of goalkeeping howlers in a 5-1 defeat: "Adam Bogdan knows he's had a difficult day today - the third and fourth goals should have been easily mopped up. That gave us an absolute mountain to climb."
I'd have said being 2 nil down before I'd got in my seat was a bit of a mountain

Singling out Bogdan is pathetic
Sto ut Serviam

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:47 pm

I think that's harsh when there was already a mountain at two nil, and Boggers had naught to do with those

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:47 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
thebish wrote:
I'd have said being 2 nil down before I'd got in my seat was a bit of a mountain

Singling out Bogdan is pathetic
Agreed, pick on a young lad over half a dozen experienced pros. Did the same with Boyata t'other week.

Signs of a man under extreme pressure if you ask me!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:49 pm

Signs of a striker-lover. He wants to start singling out Petrov for strolling around the pitch like a prima donna

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:50 pm

thebish wrote:
Sounds like it to me.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:My point was we've had tough fixtures, but if it doesnt change in the next 2/3 we will be PPG (this season) miles worse off than anything Megson produced. He hung on till christmas because he managed 18 from 18. If we have say 3 or 4 from 10 then I can see Eddie and Phil having a think at least! Otherwise might be too late to turn things round!
Would agree, we've managed 1 win in 6 at the DW, and Swansea have turned over Stoke today and haven't lost at home yet this season. Then there's Sunderland who have beaten us 3 out of the last 7 at home (to our 2 wins and 2 draws).

Then we get Stoke (H), WBA (A) and Everton (H) before the end of November...Stoke, we've not lost against at home in the last 4, but wouldn't bet on it the way we're defending, not won at WBA (A) in 5 and it's toss a coin v Everton at home W4; D4; L4.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:51 pm

Worthy4England wrote: That said, we are a disorganised rabble and the performances have been unacceptable. The performace against Norwich, for me was more worrying than today's, because we clearly had little clue against a recently promoted team with little spending power.

What's really worrying is the fact he seems to have no notion what our best team/formation is. How anyone could dream that Petrov, Pratley, NRC and Gardner constitued a decent midfield is completely beyind my comprehension.
Totally agree - shambolic and totally disorganised, Coyle is like a rabbit caught in the headlights - he's changing the side week in week out with no thought, shape, tactics or formation - its done just in hope that if he keeps changing 4 or 5 players every week eventually it may work. The players look like they don't know each other and have never trained together before (apart from at table tennis, darts and go karting etc...they are supposedly quite decent at those !)

And Bogdan FFS - I still think that Jussi is and has been a liability for at least the last 2 years but I have to say what others have said in previous weeks, Bodgan really is garbage he's actually an exact clone of Jussi but much worse and I doubt he'll improve - it does beg the question though who the hell is our goalkeeping coach and what are his / her credentials (perhaps he's another one of Coyle's relatives that he's given a job), how can a prem club have a No2 that bad, and if the staff know he's that bad - why on earth did the club santion Al Habsi's move unless we really did have no money.

Only plusses today N'gog, Pratley who I thought worked his socks off and Knight when he came on (he actually played half decent), and Boyata wasn't too bad - but surely its time for people close to Kevin Davies to be kind to him and tell him that he's well and truly past it (like a old carthorse), and to hang up his boots and the same for Robinson he really is a poor imitation of a LB

I think that Coyle still has time, perhaps another 6 games....but he needs to toughen up big time and get shut immediately of his entire ex Burnley assistant & coaching staff (sorry I meant mates...) and bring in an assistant & some coaches with some decent premiership coaching experience - and he also needs to search the world's out of contract player lists and bring in a keeper and a LB asap.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:55 pm

Just back, after a couple of pints at The Finishers. Never in the field of human conflict was beer more needed.

We have to stop leaking goals. We have the means to do this, and saw a hint of it in the second half with Ricardo giving Robinson the kind of assistance that is totally missing from the defensive vacuum that is Petrov.

Keep that. (There is no better, fit left back at the club than Robinson, so until January at least he plays).

Play both Muamba and NR-C in front of the back four. Do this against everyone, Wigan, Sunderland, Swansea... everyone... stop the goal glut. It's more important than anything else and we have the personnel to do it. Keep Knight and Cahill in the centre and Boyata on the right - we were tons better in the second half... .

Muamba would be first name on the sheet for me.

Get Jussi fit as soon as possible, and get his contract sorted out - delaying on this may contribute to his unusually shaky form. Forget the fantasy that Bogdan is a ready-made replacement. I felt sorry for the baptism of fire he faced, but he's clearly not ready yet for the Prem. but he may be eventually - as Jussi was...

Al-Habsi is gone - that debate is pointless...

Defenders on the post for corners and set pieces - purlease. Recognise our vulnerabilities and at least TRY to deal with them!

4-2-3-1 for me. And work, work, work. We have (just about) enough decent players to make a success of this... Help the defense!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:57 pm

How frustrating is it to see Fat Frank smiling on TV having "silenced the critics". We are an absolute gift

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:00 pm

William the White wrote:Just back, after a couple of pints at The Finishers. Never in the field of human conflict was beer more needed.

We have to stop leaking goals. We have the means to do this, and saw a hint of it in the second half with Ricardo giving Robinson the kind of assistance that is totally missing from the defensive vacuum that is Petrov.

Keep that. (There is no better, fit left back at the club than Robinson, so until January at least he plays).

Play both Muamba and NR-C in front of the back four. Do this against everyone, Wigan, Sunderland, Swansea... everyone... stop the goal glut. It's more important than anything else and we have the personnel to do it. Keep Knight and Cahill in the centre and Boyata on the right - we were tons better in the second half... .

Get Jussi fit as soon as possible, and get his contract sorted out - delaying on this may contribute to his unusually shaky form. Forget the fantasy that Bogdan is a ready-made replacement. I felt sorry for the baptism of fire he faced, but he's clearly not ready yet for the Prem. but he may be eventually - as Jussi was...

Defenders on the post for corners and set pieces - purlease. Recognise our vulnerabilities and at least TRY to deal with them!

4-2-3-1 for me. And work, work, work. We have (just about) enough decent players to make a success of this... Help the defense!

Why not just put Gardner at left back and be done with it?

He's not a midfield player anymore for me, especially in games we need to win. Yes we need to be more solid, but we also need to score and win!

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:01 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:How frustrating is it to see Fat Frank smiling on TV having "silenced the critics". We are an absolute gift

beat me to it

i really do hate that cvnt
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:01 pm

Worthy4England wrote: That said, we are a disorganised rabble and the performances have been unacceptable. The performace against Norwich, for me was more worrying than today's, because we clearly had little clue against a recently promoted team with little spending power.

This. Much as I dream that Coyle can turn this around, todays team selection was very worrying and suggests he really is struggling to find an answer. If Gardner is fit enough then play him left back FFS. Much as I love the guy he is not a Premiership central midfielder.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:02 pm

William the White wrote:Just back, after a couple of pints at The Finishers. Never in the field of human conflict was beer more needed.

^^
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience