Wanderers v The Delusional (Mackems)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Re: Wanderers v The Delusional (Mackems)

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:29 pm

Seriously in that you didn't understand Gary's post?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:40 pm

It was just a joke!

Down here you hear da yoof constantly saying 'Ax' or even 'Arks' instead of Ask. Axman, your name just reminded me of that and so I asked you who was 'AXing'.

As I say, just a pun, a play on words. No offence meant. And hello.

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:12 pm

Axe him. Undercover mackem. ITK
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:It was just a joke!

Down here you hear da yoof constantly saying 'Ax' or even 'Arks' instead of Ask. Axman, your name just reminded me of that and so I asked you who was 'AXing'.

As I say, just a pun, a play on words. No offence meant. And hello.
Hello too. Cheers, no offence taken.

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:31 pm

BwfcDan wrote:Axe him. Undercover mackem. ITK
Hee hee. I don't think Mackems are sophisticated enough to understand the concept of being an undercover Mackem.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:27 pm

We have to be looking at getting 6 points from this and Stoke at home.

This match, because they're in a rut and the fans/players have basically lost faith in Bruce.
Stoke because they're playing in Tel Aviv on the Thursday night and we've got a week off. Also, they're very poor away from home.

(I know the Swansea game is in the middle of these, but they've actually got a solid home record).

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:28 pm

I'm s hittin' me'self 'cos they're a massive, massive club; with the best fans in the world and a world class manager. If we get anything from this game, I'd be truly thankfull. ..............But not at all surprised

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:32 pm

Cant say i have a problem with sunderland fans! Think I say this every year but living in the Ne Toon fans = deluded, Mackems generally alright!

Plus they are one of the clubs who always seem to cock it up more than us!

Anyway not a game we've won for a while...last years failure still on the mind and absolutely spectacular in its shittyness...eventually costing us a few million. Team owe the home fans a performance.

Be nice if Coyle could open his eyes and drop Robbo and SKD but cant see it...could go either way...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:09 am

I think we'll see our first(?) unchanged side of the season on Saturday. Probably rightly so, despite our week left flank. Although I reckon they'll put Bardsley at RB to give our powder puff a nudge and completely ruin his afternoon in the first 5 minutes by merely looking at Petrov menacingly.

Richardson left back to use his pace to counter Eagles. I think we can get at them though. And if we get in front, we'll see them cave a little
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:54 am

I see this as a must win match. Even this early in the season, if Bolton lose, then I don't think we will escape relegation and will probably stay in the bottom three throughout the entire season - how depressing is that?
I think it is very winnable, but it depends on how early OC substitutes. I think he will start with last week's lineup (it would be suicidal to start having a rotational policy like the Manc clubs; BWFC're too poor for that, both financially and talent-wise), and Sunderland will probably score first (through Larsson, is my guess). It then comes down to how soon OC realises that N'gog/SKD ain't working and brings on Klasnic (and Tuncay). Just my opinion, but I'd hate to see Klasnic on late trying to get two or more goals in less time than it takes to make a decent bacon sarnie.

Trotski
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Trotski » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Bendtner to score. Seem to be firing on all cylinders now after leaving the mess that is Arsenal.
Oh coitus!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:56 pm

The Axman wrote:I see this as a must win match. Even this early in the season, if Bolton lose, then I don't think we will escape relegation and will probably stay in the bottom three throughout the entire season - how depressing is that?
I think it is very winnable, but it depends on how early OC substitutes. I think he will start with last week's lineup (it would be suicidal to start having a rotational policy like the Manc clubs; BWFC're too poor for that, both financially and talent-wise), and Sunderland will probably score first (through Larsson, is my guess). It then comes down to how soon OC realises that N'gog/SKD ain't working and brings on Klasnic (and Tuncay). Just my opinion, but I'd hate to see Klasnic on late trying to get two or more goals in less time than it takes to make a decent bacon sarnie.
"We"?? you support Buxton.

martin1877coywm
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by martin1877coywm » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:13 pm

The Axman wrote:I see this as a must win match. Even this early in the season, if Bolton lose, then I don't think we will escape relegation and will probably stay in the bottom three throughout the entire season - how depressing is that?
Larsson is suspended :wink:

Caro-Kann
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Caro-Kann » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:05 pm

You've started to get me worried about travelling to this match by train now.
I'm on an early train from Glasgow with my wee boy so expect to arrive around noon so
don't anticipate any problems then, however, I'm now concerned about the train back from
Horwich Parkway to Preston. Has there been a lot of trouble on previous Sunderland visits?

Will the fanzone be open in the Premier Suite?

The last two Bolton matches we've been at have been scoreless, so a
goal would be nice and a win even better.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:28 pm

Can't see why Fanzone wouldn't be open for this game considering our opposition and there's a decent game on in the early kick off.

Train should be alright I imagine.

I know what your username is about, wonder if anyone else is cool enough to :)
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:05 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
"We"?? you support Buxton.
I was using the royal We, as in you.

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:08 pm

martin1877coywm wrote:
Larsson is suspended :wink:
really, well he won't be scoring then... (and to think I was considering putting a tenner on him as the first to score. D'you think the bookies would have let me know??)
I think that definitely improves chances for (us/you) Bolton supporters.
Last edited by The Axman on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Trotski wrote:Bendtner to score. Seem to be firing on all cylinders now after leaving the mess that is Arsenal.
He's scored one goal in 356 minutes for Sunderland, so "by the law of averages" (which football fans only ever invoke to predict doom) we should be alright unless we play till 1am.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:21 pm

TV star engages in reverse jinxism shocker. :mrgreen:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:23 pm

Further fascinating fact: in Sunderland's only win this season (v Stoke), Bendtner didn't manage a shot.