WBA Parking

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

GeraldCid
Hopeful
Hopeful

WBA Parking

Post by GeraldCid » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Im driving down to The Hawthornes on Saturday, does anybody know of a place thats a happy medium between being ripped off and having my tyres stolen?
French centre-back currently without club, will consider any role. Experienced plumber.

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: WBA Parking

Post by Salford Trotter » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:20 pm

GeraldCid wrote:Im driving down to The Hawthornes on Saturday, does anybody know of a place thats a happy medium between being ripped off and having my tyres stolen?
Last season we parked in Batleys car park which is in the industrial estate nr the ground, its literally about 500 yds from the M5 junction. From memory it was about £6 and we had no problems getting away though I would try and get into a position near the exit as the estate is very popular with the locals
The Voice Of Reason

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:32 pm

Off the roundabout, to the left, groundwards, theres pay parking in units on the right hand side of the road...short walk

Alternatively, off the roundabout to the right, take your chances with on road parking - it'll be free when you find a spot...longer walk
Sto ut Serviam

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:36 pm

I'd take the longer walk. I parked near the ground last year and it took forever to get out.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

GeraldCid
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by GeraldCid » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated.
French centre-back currently without club, will consider any role. Experienced plumber.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:00 pm

Get to one of the Metro tram park and rides (early, mind) and catch a tram to The Hawthorns. Doesn't take long and avoids the jams at the end.

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/metro/trammap.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:44 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Off the roundabout, to the left, groundwards, theres pay parking in units on the right hand side of the road...short walk

Alternatively, off the roundabout to the right, take your chances with on road parking - it'll be free when you find a spot...longer walk
I've done that one as well... In fact, ISTR, there were several options...

Not at all a bad getaway...

GeraldCid
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by GeraldCid » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:03 pm

ratbert wrote:Get to one of the Metro tram park and rides (early, mind) and catch a tram to The Hawthorns. Doesn't take long and avoids the jams at the end.

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/metro/trammap.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thats a good shout, Ill look into it now. If nothing else it'll provide a decent distraction from work for a while!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:15 pm

The tram will be heaving post match

I'd avoid
Sto ut Serviam

GeraldCid
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by GeraldCid » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Regretting not opting for the free travel now! Decisions decisions

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:39 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:The tram will be heaving post match

I'd avoid
Every 5 mins. Don't have to wait long.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:35 pm

I always park by the Moat House, although it's not called the Moat House now. It's on your right as you come up the slip road. Get to the roundabout, go round it taking your third exit, up there a bit turning first right across the opposite carriageway, along there outabout 50/60 yards and take the first right, and park anywhere down there. Will take you 5 mins to walk to the ground but you'll sail out later.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eloy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:30 pm

Lol at you English.. I have no idea how you can live in Europe. Everything is so close together and cluttered. You can't even park.

Here, in Canada, if I need parking, I just park in the middle of the prairie. So much room. And you should see the width of our lanes!

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eloy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:31 pm

I guess this is why fans always leave games early in England... So they don't spend eternity trying to get home?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Eloy wrote:I guess this is why fans always leave games early in England... So they don't spend eternity trying to get home?
Yep. Presumably when Vancouver play at Toronto, the Whitecaps fans leave three weeks before the end.

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eloy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:19 am

Presumably.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Why would anybody from Vancouver want to travel to Toronto? :wink:

DIPS
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DIPS » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:40 pm

Whoever suggested getting a tram thanks :oyea: Got on free to and from the stadium aswell.

Got free parking at Meadwell? and got back to bolton in 1hr 15mins. No traffic what so ever. Home for 7 :mrgreen:
walter Mackem wrote: Lets get this clear, we can come and take what we want from your tawdry little club whenever we want.

Eloy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Eloy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:30 am

seanworth wrote:Why would anybody from Vancouver want to travel to Toronto? :wink:
How dare you, good sir?!? :evil: