Game Against The Scouse

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Game Against The Scouse

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:48 am

5.30 kick off... Andy Carroll to bang in 3 cuz thats what we do, we make shit players look quality!

Ngog facing his old club, hopefully with a point to prove, go 5 in midfield again and then have Mo do the job on Gerrard.... realisticly we could actually get something from this, theres no Suarez to completely tear our back 4 apart.
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Game Against The Scouse

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:44 am

I saw Norman Hunter at a sportsman's dinner once. He tells the story about being in the England dressing room prior to a game against Scotland.

He said he never heard Sir Alf Ramsay swear once during the whole time he knew him but before the game he came up to him and said 'Norman, I f**king hate these Scottish c**ts.'

And that was it.

Replace the word 'Scottish' with 'Scouse' and you've got my team talk prior to Saturday.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:50 am

4:30AM Start down here, lucky I have no money so no need to go to the Sunday Market :pray:

Though it would be nice to go to the market at 6:30AM after having seen Bolton Win!

Bolton winning 4-0 or 5-0 are paying good odds!

0-0 paying $13!
Last edited by 2399 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:53 am

2-1 bolton win
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:58 am

First Bolton sending-off around 25th minute following a Gerrard dive.

That has man marker Moo taken off & replaced with the "greater mobility" of Pratley.

Second sending off around 75th minute.

4-0, at least one penalty.

Or am I just being negative ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:07 am

Back to the system that worked against Everton? I should say so, especially as Liverpool will let Gerrard off the leash (as noted, Muamba should stick to him like shit to a blanket) and they've frequently been playing three at the back. If they do that and we play with two wide attackers, it pins their wingbacks into defensive duty, while the three centre-backs only having one centre-forward to mark means we're overloading elsewhere.

Even if Liverpool don't play three at the back, I would still prefer us to play the 'Goodison' system. Some might call it 4-5-1 but with the ball it's more 4-2-3-1: Petrov, Mavies and Eagles pushing on to join Ngog, while Muamba man-marks Stevie Me and NRC patrols.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:17 am

I expect us to carry our good form into this game for at least 43 minutes.

Then a soft goal.

Then Owen's famed half time rousing team talk.

Then capitulation.

Face facts. We've gone.
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Lose 3 - 0

Carrol, Bellamy and a Gerrard Penalty


The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Ideal time to strike. At home to a team that can play poorly against underdog opposition, and with a week to go in which they play two big matches. When liverpool are hovering 'below the salt' they quite often give away draws or even losses to teams they are expected to beat, and then when all the doomsayers are giving it large, out they trot and stuff the likes of ManU and Chelsea: which is precisely the scenario we have in front of us. They lose/draw at Bolton then triumph over Citeh on Wednesday and Mank on Saturday.
Points make prizes. I predict a 1-0'er to BWFC. N'gog poncing about for 70 mins being ineffective in ways so far undreamt of, then late sub Ivan scoring the winner late on. What's the odds on that then - I'm off to stick a tenner on it.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Going to this one! I have the internal body warmth of a lizard so will be wrapping up.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:25 pm

11-2 (Bolton win) and 6-1 (Ivan scores first) in a combo. £150 odd quid coming my way.

The Axman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by The Axman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:Going to this one! I have the internal body warmth of a lizard so will be wrapping up.
Don't worry, BBC says it'll be warmer this weekend.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:02 pm

The Axman wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:Going to this one! I have the internal body warmth of a lizard so will be wrapping up.
Don't worry, BBC says it'll be warmer this weekend.
I hope so! Last night was so cold my knees actually froze and I couldn't walk!


boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Liverpool WILL get a penalty. We'll have 2 stone wallers turned down. We WILL also have a player sent off for getting too much joy out of marking Gerrard.

We have to deal with the fact that we won't get the rub of the green and hope that on the day, our 10 players are better than their 12.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:39 pm

Haven't had the usual RAWK invasion this year.

I miss those guys.......................

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Every time I think about that thug Gerrard I always see him flinging himself on the floor v Olympiakos in the last minute as they cheated their way to Euro Glory.

Benitez - Prick.

twitter @thetonycoffey

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:42 pm

boltonboris wrote:Liverpool WILL get a penalty. We'll have 2 stone wallers turned down. We WILL also have a player sent off for getting too much joy out of marking Gerrard.

We have to deal with the fact that we won't get the rub of the green and hope that on the day, our 10 players are better than their 12.
Well, that's the good news taken care of then.

What we need is a team performance. Too much emphasis on this and that player playing well/not playing well, but really - as shown against Everton and first half last night- if the team play well we have something to offer. Sure, we'll be under the cosh in parts, but we are capable of turning things around. We can't lose any points and only a win will really help much. Get in there and start a turn around. Not many options left but to do it somewhere and beating the Scousers would be a real boost.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

chris33
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by chris33 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Gotta be 4-5-1 for me same team as Man U even if Jussi is fit Bogdan deserves to stay in.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Going to this one, getting off work early to be there. The only other game I've been to so far this season was the 1-1 at Wolves. Make of that what you will?

1-6 Liverpool. N'Gog's arse cheeks grab us a late consolation after a pile driver shot from Paul Robinson
Pfffft.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:03 pm

I looked at the odds for Carroll to score first as he's pretty much nailed on to get at least 1 goal but they surprisingly aren't that great. Maybe the bookies have clocked on to our amazing ability to gift shit/out of form players with the chance to revive their careers?

Would love nothing more than to stuff these lot, even though it's not going to happen. They're as plastic as their red Manchester counterparts.

COME ON YOU WHITE MEN please!!!!!