Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Post by Jokers in White » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm surprised about the 3year contract thought it was going to be 2, but he's here now so hopefully he will have an impact straight away. I've got a feeling he is going to be a good signing.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Jokers in White wrote:I'm surprised about the 3year contract thought it was going to be 2, but he's here now so hopefully he will have an impact straight away. I've got a feeling he is going to be a good signing.
Assuming Holden comes back & recaptures even 80% of his form & Mavis stays then I fear for Pratters. After all the good work he did last year too !! :(
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:18 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:I'm surprised about the 3year contract thought it was going to be 2, but he's here now so hopefully he will have an impact straight away. I've got a feeling he is going to be a good signing.
Assuming Holden comes back & recaptures even 80% of his form & Mavis stays then I fear for Pratters. After all the good work he did last year too !! :(
Given Coyle's pig-headedness, particularly in relation to his own signings - who knows? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Given Coyle's pig-headedness, particularly in relation to his own signings - who knows? :conf:
mmmmm. A distressingly valid point.

Do you think Pratters can tackle ? Full-backs are always wanted. Or that #2 keeper vacancy ?
Last edited by bobo the clown on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:16 pm

Andrews is a very good signing, I think. I like him a lot.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Chuffed with Andrews tbh. At the least he seems to have some level of consistency (Pratley, Mavies i'm looking at you!) if not quite the same level of talent as the latter . He also seems to be less of a gamble then throwing a relatively untested Vela, or a 'maybe, might be fit' Holden into the deep end from the off. Would be nice to have options at the middle and I feel Andrews is a solid, if not quite an inspiring, signing and hopefully Coyle is able to continue to adapt the squad to the gritty, determined championship mould whilst keeping some of his tippy tappy principles intact.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:13 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:Chuffed with Andrews tbh. At the least he seems to have some level of consistency (Pratley, Mavies i'm looking at you!) if not quite the same level of talent as the latter . He also seems to be less of a gamble then throwing a relatively untested Vela, or a 'maybe, might be fit' Holden into the deep end from the off. Would be nice to have options at the middle and I feel Andrews is a solid, if not quite an inspiring, signing and hopefully Coyle is able to continue to adapt the squad to the gritty, determined championship mould whilst keeping some of his tippy tappy principles intact.
What are you basing this on?

I've heard nothing but bad things about Andrews, admittedly from our friends up the road.

I haven't seen him play much though, have you?
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
wanderers_on_tour wrote:Chuffed with Andrews tbh. At the least he seems to have some level of consistency (Pratley, Mavies i'm looking at you!) if not quite the same level of talent as the latter . He also seems to be less of a gamble then throwing a relatively untested Vela, or a 'maybe, might be fit' Holden into the deep end from the off. Would be nice to have options at the middle and I feel Andrews is a solid, if not quite an inspiring, signing and hopefully Coyle is able to continue to adapt the squad to the gritty, determined championship mould whilst keeping some of his tippy tappy principles intact.

I've heard nothing but bad things about Andrews, admittedly from our friends up the road.

Hodgson signed him January last season and he played 14 times for West Brom. Purely on that basis I suspect he will be ok if not spectacular.

As a Prem side this would be a pretty depressing signing.

In the champ it's probably a relatively big coup to get someone with premiership and international experience.

That's the reality of where we are I guess.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:31 pm

The reality is we'd have probably signed him whichever division. Thats the reality of where we are. And despite all the self flagellation, we need players to get promoted from the Championship this season. Absolutely nothing else matters.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:32 pm

Wandering Willy wrote: I haven't seen him play much though, have you?
Ah, good, good. I always feel like the site dimwit as soon as we sign anyone as I won't know anything of them whatsoever. I'm sure that there'll have been people on here claiming to know all about Dwight Pezzarossi when we signed him. :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:35 pm

Mark Davies being linked with a 6M move to Liverpool in the mirror (not Nixon). I will start the engine for that sort of fee.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:54 pm

Is he in contract talks by any chance?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:23 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:

Being born in Castlebar haha (Mums Irish, Dads a Bolton-er, I now live in Leeds, go figure :wink: )
Ok, seriously i've probably seen him play 20 times (few times against Bolton, twice in Irish friendlies on mi jollies and of course MOTD). Out of those perfomances he's probably shone in a half dozen of em but against that i've never seen him have to much of a mare or seen him as a liability. Do I think i've seen him enough to give a full scouts guide to his strengths/weaknesses? not really but enough to think (or more hope) that he'll add something to the side. It's the time of year to be positive WW, you can pull me up in 12 months time if (when) it all goes balls up :D

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote: I haven't seen him play much though, have you?
Ah, good, good. I always feel like the site dimwit as soon as we sign anyone as I won't know anything of them whatsoever. I'm sure that there'll have been people on here claiming to know all about Dwight Pezzarossi when we signed him. :conf:
Usually I recognise the name but can't put it to the face!

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:49 am

I'd be surprised if any Bolton fan could.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:52 am

Two for one

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... Liverpool/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/s ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Pfffft.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:24 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Is he in contract talks by any chance?
Mark Davies? Contracted till 2015, so I doubt it.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:32 am

If liverpool want davies he is off. Can see him being a brendan rogers player. £6mil for someone with no end product will do for me...

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:37 am

officer_dibble wrote:If liverpool want davies he is off. Can see him being a brendan rogers player. £6mil for someone with no end product will do for me...
No firm offer yet. £6m is a lot to consider
Pfffft.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:51 am

TKIZ! wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:If liverpool want davies he is off. Can see him being a brendan rogers player. £6mil for someone with no end product will do for me...
No firm offer yet. £6m is a lot to consider
they can fck-off. 3 years left on his contract, young, English.

Lerpool are constantly linked with loads of players in the £12m - £15m backet (though more to appesase the fans I think, as they never seem to get them). So if they want Mavis £6m is just the starting price. £12m or fck off scouser. If you haven't got it then go & rob it.

I can imagine how underwhelmed their stupid fans would be with Mavis as a purchase. Still dreaming of Xavi, Iniesta. I even saw Pirlo being mentioned this week. Still living the dream over there. Their reality is different & Rodgers will be there to start finding bargains & getting them playing while the fans don't notice the lowering of fees wages & expectations.

I do wonder tho. if Andrews means Cptn. Chaos is looking to cash in. If we do then at least max the value.