Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Jaffka's gossip thread on the ins and outs at the 'Bok

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:59 am

dasher wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Well, Swansea have bid £4M for Mark Davies, an amount you were I believe urging the club to sell for just a few days ago.....
aye - but, important as I am (and - thanks for the credit you give me!) - the amount I might theoretically let him go for during a rant over how crap we were at Portsmouth is hardly the benchmark for a serious bid - is it??
Isn't your word gospel though Bish ? :D
8) sadly - that's not how it works!

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:20 pm

dasher wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Well, Swansea have bid £4M for Mark Davies, an amount you were I believe urging the club to sell for just a few days ago.....
aye - but, important as I am (and - thanks for the credit you give me!) - the amount I might theoretically let him go for during a rant over how crap we were at Portsmouth is hardly the benchmark for a serious bid - is it??
Isn't your word gospel though Bish ? :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:23 pm

thebish wrote:
What is the benchmark for a serious bid then?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:36 pm

B.N has Martin Jol hinting at a 3m bid for N'gog. Be crazy to take any notice of that.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

It'd be somewhere close to what we would sell him for, no?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:53 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

I'm not so sure it is. Otherwise when we bid for Rhys Williams and Zaha last January (below the valuations of Boro and Crystal Palace respectively) we were just pissing around and not putting "serious bids" in.

I'm not sure at the time you would have been on criticising Bolton for "not being serious".........

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

I'm not so sure it is. Otherwise when we bid for Rhys Williams and Zaha last January (below the valuations of Boro and Crystal Palace respectively) we were just pissing around and not putting "serious bids" in.

I'm not sure at the time you would have been on criticising Bolton for "not being serious".........

not really sure what you mean. If a club really rates a player and wants him - then they will eventually bid somewhere close to what the club will actually sell for.

yes - it makes sense sometimes to test a club's resolve with a "cheeky" bid - but if you're serious - you will then come back with a serious one.

I haven't seen that happen yet for any of our squad.. we'll wait and see...

are you REALLY still persisting with your claim that MOST of our squad is obviously a cut above championship level? really???

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:14 pm

thebish wrote:
not really sure what you mean. If a club really rates a player and wants him - then they will eventually bid somewhere close to what the club will actually sell for.

yes - it makes sense sometimes to test a club's resolve with a "cheeky" bid - but if you're serious - you will then come back with a serious one.

I haven't seen that happen yet for any of our squad.. we'll wait and see...

are you REALLY still persisting with your claim that MOST of our squad is obviously a cut above championship level? really???
My point being that one club's cheeky bid is anothers "top dollar".

I think any formal bid is serious....even if one side considers it derogatory.

Anyway, I do think when you put our squad down in this division if its managed well enough its the best squad in the division. Thats my opinion. I do believe most in our squad could play in the premiership.

Thats not to say other teams haven't been in the same position and struggled. But player for player, I can't see a squad I'd swap with.

Its up to Coyle to make them perform!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Its up to Coyle to make them perform!
on that we can agree!

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Not sure if he's been mentioned as a possible defensive midfield target, but what about Maurice Edu? Rangers aren't in a position to drive a hard bargain and he'd fit right in with Holden and Ream.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/maurice-ed ... --sow.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:12 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:Not sure if he's been mentioned as a possible defensive midfield target, but what about Maurice Edu? Rangers aren't in a position to drive a hard bargain and he'd fit right in with Holden and Ream.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/maurice-ed ... --sow.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Scotch 3rd Division ?!?!? Really ? Have we stooped so low ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:16 am

Haha. Anyway, I'm seeing the rumored price as £300,000, which I think he's worth.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:56 am

H. Pedersen wrote:Haha. Anyway, I'm seeing the rumored price as £300,000, which I think he's worth.
We added a couple of US players in the last couple of years. We're now one Division lower.

We need to sign people from footballing nations.

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:38 am

Worthy4England wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:Haha. Anyway, I'm seeing the rumored price as £300,000, which I think he's worth.
We added a couple of US players in the last couple of years. We're now one Division lower.

Absolute balls to our best player just happening to be a Yank?

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:31 am

Worthy4England wrote:

Holden and Ream are the reason we got relegated?

Seriously?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:15 am

I can see Worthy's tongue - it's bursting through his cheek ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:18 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I can see Worthy's tongue - it's bursting through his cheek ;)

Bender

:)
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:19 am

Worthy is obviously trolling a little bit... but Ream is dogw*nk and a major part of why we were relegated in my opinion.

Watching him flap about against West Brom at home in possibly the worst defensive performance by any Bolton player in the last 5 years doesn't fill me with confidence
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:59 am

I think you are a little harsh on Ream boris...though I know you've stuck to your guns on him. Gerald Cid he aint, and for the end of season games he was 'protected' by Mark Davies and an injured Reo Coker. In a 442. I have sympathy.

However he can't head a ball. He's a.non heading centre half. I think positionally he's ok and he's a footballing centre half...but seems a bit soft. I'm hoping Mills is a hard man.

I can't stand Knight, but I'd start with him and Mills I think.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Edu isn't the greatest of player, he struggled for Rangers when they where in the Scottish Premiership