Make the most of Miyaichi

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wonderwanderer12
Hopeful
Hopeful

Make the most of Miyaichi

Post by Wonderwanderer12 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:45 am

Having watched the last 3 games, I've found Miyaichi is very useful. He almost scored against Wigan, scored a great goal against Millwall and he was the only dangerous player of us last weekend. Miyaichi's pace and speedy dribbling with the ball are really amazing, so we should make the most of him to stay up(to avoid relegation). Our players should give him the ball more often or just kick the ball toward the space ahead of him, at least he can take a corner kick easily like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxiLrG9OsY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just kick the ball like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQakmi-g8Fg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last edited by Wonderwanderer12 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Make the most of Miyaichi

Post by boltonboris » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:10 am

But what did he do with the final ball?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:25 pm

He did ok up to a point, but if he's costing us goals at the other end he's going to have to do better than a decent run finished off by him passing it to a defender.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Ryo should have tortured Ivanovic down that wing. He had one run at him and skinned him, but then never had the opportunity to do it again!

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:27 pm

The problem Miyaichi had when he skinned Ivanovic and Cahill and looked up Pratley decided to go and get marked instead of holding his jog so that Miyaichi could of give him the ball, Tuncay was free at the back post though but there was too many Chelsea shirts in the box to get the ball through to him. http://youtu.be/5LxiLrG9OsY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:38 pm

He's been named in the Japan squad

Wonderwanderer12
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Wonderwanderer12 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:58 pm

Gail Platz wrote:Ryo should have tortured Ivanovic down that wing. He had one run at him and skinned him, but then never had the opportunity to do it again!
It's because our players struggled to get the ball to Miyaichi(or they just didn't know how to make the most of him) and Chelsea are a bit too tough opponents for us now. Our possession rate against Chelsea was only 35% and including Miyaichi, all of our players were forced to defend hard instead of attacking. We had only 2 good opportunities last weekend, and both of them came from Miyaichi.

These were the best scenes for us, and both came from Miyaichi.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j4f2P-UPBU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxiLrG9OsY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last edited by Wonderwanderer12 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Scenes?

Scenes???

fecking scenes????

feck off. Now.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:03 pm

its clearly his brother or summat

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:29 am

I was expecting to find some useful tips on origami. Infact if Ryo stays up front on his own he could have time to construct an an entire blizzard of snowflakes on saturday while the rest of the team are preparing for the ping pong championships(obviously)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:28 am

And he's the king of all the scene, to be seen :D

Stuart Storer, Bernard Mendy, Roger Walker, Michael Brown. All were capable of pushing it past the full back and running onto it. All of them completely incapable of doing owt with it when they had. My jury's on yon Japster!
May the bridges I burn light your way

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:28 pm

He was sent here to learn and already it appears that we will have to depend on him for survival. At the moment he seems like the only one outside of Mark Davies in our team capable of doing something special to create a goal.

Also, our coaches and senior defenders need to understand that next time you send a player to the post for a corner, at least tell him how to position himeself properly, especially if he isn't a defender. I would have thought they would have corrected it after the first near miss. Remember he is a kid here to learn.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:41 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:He was sent here to learn and already it appears that we will have to depend on him for survival. At the moment he seems like the only one outside of Mark Davies in our team capable of doing something special to create a goal.

Also, our coaches and senior defenders need to understand that next time you send a player to the post for a corner, at least tell him how to position himeself properly, especially if he isn't a defender. I would have thought they would have corrected it after the first near miss. Remember he is a kid here to learn.

Exactly!
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:05 pm

Jokers in White wrote:
irie Cee Bee wrote:He was sent here to learn and already it appears that we will have to depend on him for survival. At the moment he seems like the only one outside of Mark Davies in our team capable of doing something special to create a goal.

Exactly!

feck me, I've never played outside the school playground and I know to stand inside the post.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:39 pm

Sponge wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:

Exactly!

feck me, I've never played outside the school playground and I know to stand inside the post.
it's simple... he's standing outside the post to try and stop it going out for another corner - which we are poor at defending - and so is a good thing! see - makes perfect sense! :wink:

Wonderwanderer12
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Wonderwanderer12 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:22 am

I totally agree with you. He is not ours but Arsenal's. I don't say OC is an able football manager, but at least, it seems OC has an eye for judging young promising talents, and I hope he discovers and get other young talents for us but not on loan. I've watched a lot of Miyaichi's videos on Youtube, and I've found that he is not only amazingly quick, but also he has a lot of "fun to watch tricks" such as stepover, flip flap/elastico and so on.

Miyaichi's stepover
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZKKfziNlFc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug81dqppokM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems Miyaichi is two-footed(can he play on right flank?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XboZGew9xG8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:27 am

Ah but he does have one minor problem which CYL will also face once fit. Sooner or later you have to pass the ball.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:52 am

Oh, feck* bore off with your Miyaichi bollocks. Yes he's young, yes he's fast. Get over yourself. His empty headedness cost us a goal on Saturday and he did feck all else up the other end. Yet somehow, our moronic fans are voting him as player of the month with over 50% of votes.

I'm sure he's a good player, but I'll pass judgement with my own eye, not a fvckin YouTube video of him doing a fvckin stepover and then ballsing up his final pass
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:13 am

boltonboris wrote:Oh, feck bore off with your Miyaichi bollocks. Yes he's young, yes he's fast. Get over yourself. His empty headedness cost us a goal on Saturday and he did feck all else up the other end. Yet somehow, our moronic fans are voting him as player of the month with over 50% of votes.

I'm sure he's a good player, but I'll pass judgement with my own eye, not a fvckin YouTube video of him doing a fvckin stepover and then ballsing up his final pass

Agreed

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:06 am

Wonderwanderer12 wrote:

I totally agree with you. He is not ours but Arsenal's. I don't say OC is an able football manager, but at least, it seems OC has an eye for judging young promising talents, and I hope he discovers and get other young talents for us but not on loan. I've watched a lot of Miyaichi's videos on Youtube, and I've found that he is not only amazingly quick, but also he has a lot of "fun to watch tricks" such as stepover, flip flap/elastico and so on.

Miyaichi's stepover
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZKKfziNlFc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug81dqppokM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems Miyaichi is two-footed(can he play on right flank?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XboZGew9xG8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The what now?

I really don't care how many skillz he can do, I'm more bothered with what he'll contribute to us staying up. The jury is still very much out on that.