Wanderers v Cottagers

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lennon'sEleven
Reliable
Reliable

Wanderers v Cottagers

Post by Lennon'sEleven » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:49 pm

Game number one of two in quick succession, and with second being away to Newcastle United, a match we probably need to get something out of.

We were overrun for much of the first 60 mins against Wolves. Does that mean we will see a change in line-up? Or will the three points we brought back from the Wolverhampton mean an unchanged team?

This is a winnable game though. I'd say (attacking) 451, but then I always do. That probably means an out-of-position Eagles or a start for young Vela.

Alternative is 442 with round pegs in round holes. Klasnic probably didn't do himself any favours, whereas Kevin Davies did well and also scored. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ngog/Davo up front.

Early prediction: 1-1. However, if the luck of our last 3 games holds, we might edge it.
Formerly known as Meg'sEleven. And Owen'sEleven. And Dougie'sEleven. We're getting through them aren't we...

m_taylor
Promising
Promising

Re: Wanderers v Cottagers

Post by m_taylor » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:56 pm

The last time we beat them at home was 2007 and i think 3 out of the last 4 have finished 0-0 haven't they?

My bet would be if we play 4-5-1 a 2-1 win (as we always concede) and if we play 4-4-2 i see a 3-0 Fulham win.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:57 pm

Someone needs to do a job on Dempsey and we've a chance.

elfil76
Reliable
Reliable

Post by elfil76 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Take care'of the american and we might have a chance. I prefer a 451 with tuncay (hope we hane some news about him).

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:09 pm

Fulham are a decent side and I think it'll be much the same as last week, us defending for long periods and trying to keep Murphy, Johnson, Zamora and Dempsey away from our box. A homer at least reduces the pressure somewhat, but it won't be an easy game. They're a keep-posession side and won't be using much of the ariel stuff. I'd probably guess KD and N'gog up front with Klasnic a twenty minute sub. KD also has the better work rate by far and tends to favour the right side. I'd still like to see Tuncay aound the edge of the box and with Muamba and Pratley out it might just work. Much depends on whether Steinsson's fit and if so, will Rickets get the left back slot in favour of Alonso?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Davies was excellent as sub last weekend. However v hangeland its no contest. Hope he hasnt played himself into contention personally.

Klasnic scored a few against fulham?

In any case I would play 451 with tuncay in there...but that will never happen. Assuming pratley is out we will get 442. Must win, and hopefully we will win.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:21 pm

A passing keep-possession side against our 4-4-2...

mummy :( *sucks thumb*

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Fulham are a decent side and I think it'll be much the same as last week, us defending for long periods and trying to keep Murphy, Johnson, Zamora and Dempsey away from our box. A homer at least reduces the pressure somewhat, but it won't be an easy game. They're a keep-posession side and won't be using much of the ariel stuff. I'd probably guess KD and N'gog up front with Klasnic a twenty minute sub. KD also has the better work rate by far and tends to favour the right side. I'd still like to see Tuncay aound the edge of the box and with Muamba and Pratley out it might just work. Much depends on whether Steinsson's fit and if so, will Rickets get the left back slot in favour of Alonso?
Zamora is a decent player but doesn't have special powers to be in 2 places at once :P

I don't think QPR would be to happy with him running out for Fulham when they paid 5 million for him to wear a QPR shirt ;)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:00 pm

two goals in two games and I fear that Coyle might be blinded to the fact that KD has never had any joy against Hangeland...

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out 442 won't work against fulham but I fear he will

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:20 pm

We'll need a holding midfielder to look after Dempsey (as has been said) as he loves playing in the hole between the midfield and defence and drawing a defender out of position. He's one of the best in the league at that.

We could also do with Ricketts down the left to counter Duff, who's been playing well and would murder Alonso.

That Dembele is class too, but he's been playing centrally. Any news on Steinsson and Riley?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:32 pm

We'll get shat on. 0–3 to Fulham.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:00 pm

Relentless09 wrote:Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out 442 won't work against fulham but I fear he will
I have a mate who is a brain surgeon. Another who is a Nuclear Scientist and yet another who designs the next, next, next generatation of microchips.

Shall I ask if they'll have a word with him ??

If (S)KD's good 30m last week blinds anyone, most especially St. Owen, to the fact that Hangeland has never, ever, EVER lost even one header or tackle by KD... (did I say "ever" ?).
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:26 pm

ChrisC wrote: Zamora is a decent player but doesn't have special powers to be in 2 places at once :P

I don't think QPR would be to happy with him running out for Fulham when they paid 5 million for him to wear a QPR shirt ;)
Oops, working on memory always a mistake with me. :oops:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:54 pm

bobo the clown wrote:If (S)KD's good 30m last week blinds anyone, most especially St. Owen, to the fact that Hangeland has never, ever, EVER lost even one header or tackle by KD... (did I say "ever" ?).
Not enough.... the fella always manages to make SKD look shite...
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Apart from when for no apparent reason Clattenburg chalked off a perefectly good winner from Davo last season
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:39 pm

boltonboris wrote:Apart from when for no apparent reason Clattenburg chalked off a perefectly good winner from Davo last season
indeed - you're right - I had forgotten about that!!! b'stard!!! all of which adds weight to the "don't start KD" bandwagon... even when he DOES escape Hangeland the ref will always assume he must have cheated somehow!!

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:41 pm

Not looking forward to this ...

1-1 or 2-1 to the whites. Like what I did there?!?

2-1 Bolton, Dempsey, Klasnic & Mavies.

Ride that crest boys ride that crest.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:30 pm

pogbrenyak looks good as well
infact dembele pogbrenyak and dempsey...:eek:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:39 pm

officer_dibble wrote:pogbrenyak looks good as well
infact dembele pogbrenyak and dempsey...:eek:

is that Djibril Infact or Patrice Infact - I always get them buggers mixed up! 8)