Spuds at Home

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Spuds at Home

Post by Salford Trotter » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:17 am

Is this a 'must win' or a 'must not lose' game? Either way the boys from Narth Landan will be chomping at the bit to secure a win to put pressure on Arsenal for that third spot. What we do know is that it's not going to a night for the feint-hearted.

1 - 1 Davies always scores against them att 25569

Will be great to see Fabrice at the game aswell as Dr Andrew Deaner and the team that saved his life

COYWM!!!
The Voice Of Reason

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: Spuds at Home

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:23 am

Salford Trotter wrote:Is this a 'must win' or a 'must not lose' game? Either way the boys from Narth Landan will be chomping at the bit to secure a win to put pressure on Arsenal for that third spot. What we do know is that it's not going to a night for the feint-hearted.

1 - 1 Davies always scores against them att 25569

Will be great to see Fabrice at the game aswell as Dr Andrew Deaner and the team that saved his life

COYWM!!!

i think that's exactly the lift the team needs that and a near full house we'll shit em

im going for it again 2-1 us

COYW
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:27 am

Spurs havent won an away game in 2012

Spurs havent won at the reebok ever

This is ours for the taking, if we keep up the fight we've been showing recently then we can take all 3 points

mrpiccollo
Promising
Promising

Post by mrpiccollo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:36 am

3 points in this game and our season is completely changed

a loss in this game and we put our survival in the hands of other teams

with our recent form and skd coming back with force i belive we can get something from this game if we do i belive we will end up in the prem again next year

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:44 am

Jez wrote:Spurs havent won an away game in 2012

This is ours for the taking, if we keep up the fight we've been showing recently then we can take all 3 points

Jinx
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:13 am

Are you really a bolton fan? Thay's just fecked it up! Do you not realise we are the proverbial gift horse? :hang:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:14 am

plymouth wanderer wrote:

Jinx
i'm here with the antidote... we are domed, domed and thrice domed...

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 am

god i hope i'm wrong but all i see from this game is

pain
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:54 am

William the White wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:

Jinx
i'm here with the antidote... we are domed, domed and thrice domed...

But really – we are...

DIPS
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DIPS » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:10 am

Massive game for us. Il go with 2-1 Whites. The season may hinge on this game. Let's get down to the 'Bok and cheer the lads on.
walter Mackem wrote: Lets get this clear, we can come and take what we want from your tawdry little club whenever we want.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:33 am

I want the Spuds to win a scrappy, nasty, horrible, tiring game today, with them getting loads of injuries & a couple of sendings off and 'Appy 'Arry be announced England manager on Monday and them be charged with perjury following his recent "who me" Court case.

Here's hoping.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:35 am

If only we knew someone who had some influence with the fellah upstairs.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:40 am

Spurs seems a better team when they have Adebayor playing.. when we played them in the cup first leg they was doing much of anything before the stoppage.. second leg they seemed much better when Adebayor comeing back into the side.. i think he makes things happen more for them in the final third and will come out and get the ball etc.. Whereas Defoe tends to just try and get on the end of balls played through..

I can see a draw in this one.. so i will go 1-1

Wouldn't be surprised if either team nicked it late on though.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:41 am

So that's a draw or a win for either team then. :)
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:44 am

mrpiccollo wrote:a loss in this game and we put our survival in the hands of other teams
Our survival is pretty much already in the hands of other teams. If QPR, Villa, Wigan and us all won our remaining games, then we'd all end up on 43 points (potentially with Norwich and Stoke who might in this particular freaky scenario not pick up another point). Out of the six teams, we're still plenty of goal difference adrift and hardly banging them in for fun. So in my book, we still need other teams to lose (or at least not win) to have any chance of survival, which means that is't not in our hands.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:58 am

Worthy4England wrote:
mrpiccollo wrote:a loss in this game and we put our survival in the hands of other teams
Our survival is pretty much already in the hands of other teams. If QPR, Villa, Wigan and us all won our remaining games, then we'd all end up on 43 points (potentially with Norwich and Stoke who might in this particular freaky scenario not pick up another point). Out of the six teams, we're still plenty of goal difference adrift and hardly banging them in for fun. So in my book, we still need other teams to lose (or at least not win) to have any chance of survival, which means that is't not in our hands.
100%. But this was different before Sunderland, and may be different after QPR and Blackburn played today. Looking at the table right now this second it doesn't look like we have a game in hand.

All this cold and rain is spuds weather, bring 'em on!
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
100%. But this was different before Sunderland, and may be different after QPR and Blackburn played today. Looking at the table right now this second it doesn't look like we have a game in hand.

All this cold and rain is spuds weather, bring 'em on!
Well that's because right now, this second, we don't. :-) We've all played 35 games (us, QPR and Blackburn)

QPR and Blackburn will be looking at this exactly the same way we are. That both could be above us either on points or GD by winning.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Please beat them! :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Winnable. I reckon we need four points from three games; I'd rather get it sooner than later.

Spurs are on awful form and hate coming to Bolton. Let's keep that going.

It's in our hands.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:58 pm

I wanted four points out of Sunderland and Spurs so I'm hoping for a win here. Then again I think the way QPR have been panned at Chelsea and if Spurs do the same to Blackburn I think I'd be happy with a draw.

I think we need to remember that this is a game in hand and in my opinion this is a "bonus" game. If we get something, great, if not then we're not really any worse off than where we were prior to kick off, unless you really want to be picky and say we could stay up on goal difference, which is highly unlikely.