wba at home

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: wba at home

Post by jaffka » Wed May 02, 2012 11:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I can't see how our current side can beat either West Brom or Stoke. Not enough in midfield, especially if NRC can't play, not enough at the back, and no real quality up front.

Both West Brom and Stoke are better than us.

Game over now.
So are we fecked again then?
:roll:

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Wed May 02, 2012 11:27 pm

It's okay, it's an anti-dome.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Wed May 02, 2012 11:39 pm

Time to play NRC and Vela as proper midfielders. Put eagles in the hole as he at least looks to get a shot away.Ryo and Petrov out wide and KD up top.Got to compete in midfield and cant afford to let the game get stretched until as late as possible when maybe momentum and home crowd can push us over the line.

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Thu May 03, 2012 12:20 am

Its simple
Two games left
We have to better Q.P.R.
They will beat Stoke at home,
Will lose against Man City.

We need 4 points from our last 2 games.

Its as easy as that..............
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 03, 2012 12:39 am

Feck only knows. I make QPR favourites, but just. I can see them getting 4 points, I can see them getting 0. I can see us getting 4 points, I can see us getting 0. We looked like scoring tonight, and I don't think we played badly, we were just beaten by a very, very good side. Let's be honest, decent sides as they are, neither have got anything approaching Bale, Van der Vaart, and the unreal Modric.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Thu May 03, 2012 1:41 am

Two games in two nights
Stoke v Everton
Stoke were utterly awful but were as resilient as feck. Fancy Dan QPR may not beat them IF (note the big if) Stoke have their obdurate head on. We will beat Stoke because we have better players than them and can be (when we like) just as obdurate.
thats my starw and i'm clutching it.
wba - i;m fearinf the worst i'm afraid
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Thu May 03, 2012 2:09 am

It's like the play offs. We have to win or we won't be in the prem next term. And if we do dip I don't think our lot have the overall skills and commitment to get us back at first shot. Squeaky bum time I'm thinking. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Thu May 03, 2012 2:39 am

I would go with

--------Boggers--------
------Ream-Wheater----
Boyata----------Ricketts
-------Pratley-NRC------
Eagles---Mavies---Petrov
----------N'Gog---------

Kev has been in good form but he is showing signs of tiredness, maybe he could make an impact if we brought him on late for ngog or mavies

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:03 am

put jussi back

BBR
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BBR » Thu May 03, 2012 6:48 am

Those who put together any XI with Ngog on his own up front might as well say they are hoping for 0-0 as he must have a partner up front.

Don't we have anyone better than Boyata? Even from the youth team, anyone!!!!

I'm the same as a few of you, can see us getting 6 points or 0. Sunday is now critical

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 03, 2012 8:21 am

Davo off the bench. Vela worth a start.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Barr Hill
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Barr Hill » Thu May 03, 2012 8:22 am

Prufrock wrote:Feck only knows. I make QPR favourites, but just. I can see them getting 4 points, I can see them getting 0. I can see us getting 4 points, I can see us getting 0. We looked like scoring tonight, and I don't think we played badly, we were just beaten by a very, very good side. Let's be honest, decent sides as they are, neither have got anything approaching Bale, Van der Vaart, and the unreal Modric.

The point is QPR beat Spurs at home - we didn't

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:57 am

What's the point in beating yourselves up, really?
Fairly obvious to me all season that we are not good enough to stay up, at least with Coyle in 'charge'. A disciplinarian (but not vindictive as Coyle appears to be) of a manager who picked players on form rather than the brown nosers could probably have got better results if Coyle had been replaced in October or November. I was not the only one saying that at the time. Professional training methods and tactical awareness would also have helped.
Having resigned myself to the big 'R' several months ago, I can go about my business with a beatific smile rather than churning guts. No worrying about WBA.
Now......if the rest of you can abandon all hope, you will all feel so much better (and the cat/dog/wife will not not be kicked up in the air so much) :mrgreen:

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu May 03, 2012 9:01 am

We'll beat West Brom, i'm confident of this. I also dont think QPR will beat Stoke.
Time will tell if any of this is true...but the thought cheered me up last night!
Obviuously one eye also will be on Blackburn Wigan.

At least we know its probably not going down to goal difference now !

leyther95
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by leyther95 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:12 am

Some people talk utter sh*t on here. Today we played well and lost. Last week we played awful and drew. These things happen in football. KD was good alongside Ngog they held it up well but the only fault I had was that he should of brought Myachi on after around 60 mins with Klasnic. We looked alot more confident passing the ball and was caught out by an unreal goal which shouldnt have been as Sandro hand balled it so the corner shouldnt have been given and two goals on the break. We should win on Sunday and just need to hope QPR drop points against Stoke. They will get nothing against City so we might need a point at Stoke which we should get as we will need it and they have nothing to play for. Start the same team apart from Boyata play Steinson if hes back and play the same tactics against a West Brom team no where near as good as the team we played tonight! Have the faith!!!!! BWFC

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 03, 2012 9:13 am

We can't play against any team capable of stringing 4 passes together.

They can.

We'll lose. QPR will win. We'll go down.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Thu May 03, 2012 9:19 am

Play on Saturday like we did last night until their 3rd and we will go ok.

Lets not get too doom and gloom. We went ok last night IMO. Great spirit in the opening of that 2nd half.
Let's do this

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Thu May 03, 2012 9:21 am

boltonboris wrote:We can't play against any team capable of stringing 4 passes together.

They can.

We'll lose. QPR will win. We'll go down.
This in spades. All season we've been pulled all over the place whenever forwards have offered a little movement, and our midifeld have stood statuesque while midfielders knock one-twos around us. Something is horribly wrong as a defensive unit. Last night was painful to see the gulf between both sides and the complexity of build up play, and individual ability of the players.

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Thu May 03, 2012 9:29 am

Not exactly painful to accept Tottenham have better players than us, more so that we dont seem able to put it up em anymore like we used to.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Thu May 03, 2012 9:45 am

We've been playing wingbacks in a 4-4-2 system. Which leaves three, sometimes two at the back. We're woefully short of decent midfielders even without an injury hit midfield. Nigel Reo-Coker has been consistent but I wouldn't say he's been the man sweeping across the back four. He's all over the place tackling from what it looks like and that's left us under pressure at the back.

We could spend all day criticising the players and the manager but the truth is we really looked like getting something from the game last night until we got sucker punched on the break. The players and staff need to have a lift from somewhere to give them fresh impetus for Saturdays game.

I'm confident that the players can achieve victories over WBA and Stoke. They need to believe that.

Hope we've got the Sports Psycologist helping out.