West Brom Fan

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DudleyBaggie
Hopeful
Hopeful

West Brom Fan

Post by DudleyBaggie » Thu May 03, 2012 11:49 am

Hi Guys.
First of all, i hope this is in the right place, admins feel free to move if its not.

Just wondered what your views and predictions are for our clash on Sunday? Its my first time coming to the reebok, and im looking forward to it (although ive heard the steps to the seats are terribly high and steep)

How do you fancy yourselves then? I watched your game last night against spurs, and from a neutral side of view, i have to say you didnt have the best of games., The defence seemed all over the place, you have a striker in ngog that cant score for toffee, and a keeper that cant hold a ball, and pushes it out into oppositions feet.

We have nothing to play for now, other than being pride of the midlands, so do you think you will walk all over us? or let us play our game and lose 2 or 3-0?

Ive read the comments saying were like spurs, thanks for those, although i have to admit were nothing like spurs, no where near as good IMO. But dont compare us to that hoof ball team called stoke, cant stand that club.

So yeah, just a general query about how you think the match will end, and il post the reply on my forum, which if any of you are interested in is http://www.westbrom.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Also, are their any away friendly pubs? as im expecting our coach to get us into bolton by 11.30.

Cheers

DudleyBaggie

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: West Brom Fan

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 03, 2012 11:53 am

DudleyBaggie wrote:Hi Guys.
First of all, i hope this is in the right place, admins feel free to move if its not.

Just wondered what your views and predictions are for our clash on Sunday? Its my first time coming to the reebok, and im looking forward to it (although ive heard the steps to the seats are terribly high and steep)

How do you fancy yourselves then? I watched your game last night against spurs, and from a neutral side of view, i have to say you didnt have the best of games., The defence seemed all over the place, you have a striker in ngog that cant score for toffee, and a keeper that cant hold a ball, and pushes it out into oppositions feet. We have nothing to play for now, other than being pride of the midlands, so do you think you will walk all over us? or let us play our game and lose 2 or 3-0?

Ive read the comments saying were like spurs, thanks for those, although i have to admit were nothing like spurs, no where near as good IMO. But dont compare us to that hoof ball team called stoke, cant stand that club.

So yeah, just a general query about how you think the match will end, and il post the reply on my forum, which if any of you are interested in is http://www.westbrom.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Also, are their any away friendly pubs? as im expecting our coach to get us into bolton by 11.30.

Cheers

DudleyBaggie
Very accurate assessment there.

I suspect we'll not win. Other than that no idea.

Always liked West Brom! Enjoy your day out.

DudleyBaggie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DudleyBaggie » Thu May 03, 2012 11:55 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
DudleyBaggie wrote:Hi Guys.

How do you fancy yourselves then? I watched your game last night against spurs, and from a neutral side of view, i have to say you didnt have the best of games., The defence seemed all over the place, you have a striker in ngog that cant score for toffee, and a keeper that cant hold a ball, and pushes it out into oppositions feet. We have nothing to play for now, other than being pride of the midlands, so do you think you will walk all over us? or let us play our game and lose 2 or 3-0?

Cheers

DudleyBaggie
Very accurate assessment there.

I suspect we'll not win. Other than that no idea.

Always liked West Brom! Enjoy your day out.
Cheers Mate

HM Murdock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by HM Murdock » Thu May 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Hello mate

Firstly, the steps up to the seats aren't too bad, unless of course you are bladdered!

As for the game, I think we may just manage to snatch a win. They have to approach this game with a must win mentality, and give it everything and then some. I do think there will be goals from both teams though, so i'll go for 2-1

The Beehive pub, just up the road from the stadium, is fine for away fans, but there will be home fans also. The postcode is BL6 4BA. There are two pubs next to the ground (Scotts and Harvester), neither of which allow away fans.

Have a great day out, but you'll forgive me for saying, I hope you get nowt from this one ;)
West Stand White

DudleyBaggie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DudleyBaggie » Thu May 03, 2012 7:10 pm

Whether your aware or not, but every season, the last away game is always fancy dress, therefore our fans will be in fancy dress at your place sunday. Most will be dressed as clowns (in honour of wolves. our local rivals, relegation) with a select few like myself, paying tribute to Roy Hodgson, for the work hes done this season for us.

If any of you lot wanna contribute to fancy dress, that would be quality, imagine the scenes on MOTD and Football First at the night time.

Cheers
DudleyBaggie

Jez
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jez » Thu May 03, 2012 7:11 pm

I'm gonna go as a lion and walk around the edge of the pitch

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 03, 2012 7:17 pm

Careful Baggie, the last lot that did that were celebrating their arrival in the Championship. Remember Flipperman?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 03, 2012 7:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Careful Baggie, the last lot that did that were celebrating their arrival in the Championship. Remember Flipperman?
That was Brum, Tango, and they'd already been relegated. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 03, 2012 7:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Careful Baggie, the last lot that did that were celebrating their arrival in the Championship. Remember Flipperman?
I know. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

DudleyBaggie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DudleyBaggie » Thu May 03, 2012 8:14 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I know. :wink:

Dont really get your point, care to explain?

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Thu May 03, 2012 8:15 pm

CalBaggie also came in like a lamb, roared like a lion then left like a lamb never to be seen again. Fancy dress sounds good. I believe your team are going to come dressed as footballers. :spank: 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 03, 2012 9:24 pm

DudleyBaggie wrote:Whether your aware or not, but every season, the last away game is always fancy dress, therefore our fans will be in fancy dress at your place sunday. Most will be dressed as clowns (in honour of wolves. our local rivals, relegation) with a select few like myself, paying tribute to Roy Hodgson, for the work hes done this season for us.

someone best keep an eye on Bobo!! you know how he's prone to wander off nowadays...

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Thu May 03, 2012 9:28 pm

DudleyBaggie wrote:Whether your aware or not, but every season, the last away game is always fancy dress, therefore our fans will be in fancy dress at your place sunday. Most will be dressed as clowns (in honour of wolves. our local rivals, relegation) with a select few like myself, paying tribute to Roy Hodgson, for the work hes done this season for us.

If any of you lot wanna contribute to fancy dress, that would be quality, imagine the scenes on MOTD and Football First at the night time.

Cheers
DudleyBaggie
...so your fancy dress outfit will be what exactly? :conf:
Hope is what keeps us going.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Thu May 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Always hopeful wrote:

Cheers
DudleyBaggie
Didn't you read what he said? He'll be dressed as a clown.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri May 04, 2012 10:09 am

We're playing at home. Which means you'll spank us.

We refusse to be solid at home, as though it's not very nice to stop the opponents playing when they've had the decency to come and visit us. So we just let you enjoy a pleasant afternoon in the West Pennines.

I hope you enjoy yourself and you don't get too muddy and sweaty during your 3-1 win.

Switch the lights off when you're done toying with us on the way out though. We've got to tighten the purse strings.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

DudleyBaggie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DudleyBaggie » Fri May 04, 2012 11:40 am

Always hopeful wrote:

Cheers
DudleyBaggie
England shirt and Roy mask more than likely.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri May 04, 2012 11:46 am

DudleyBaggie wrote:
Always hopeful wrote:

Cheers
DudleyBaggie
England shirt and Roy mask more than likely.
Sod that, why pay tribute to Roy Orbison instead? A pair of shades, a quiff and a quick half time rendition of Oh Pretty Woman. Sorted.
Businesswoman of the year.

BwfcDan
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BwfcDan » Fri May 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Cheers
DudleyBaggie
Bender.
"Im a big fish in a small pond"... "Your not a big fish! Your not even a fish!"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 04, 2012 12:32 pm

Classy.

DudleyBaggie
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by DudleyBaggie » Fri May 04, 2012 12:52 pm

BwfcDan wrote:

Cheers
DudleyBaggie
Bender.

Classic, i have to say. Theres always one fan on every board just like you.